SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 32 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score

Crazy that the mystique of Kansas allows people to overlook playing for Bill Self.

Kansas should stop getting greedy in the Diallo department.

Reaction Score
With fearless playmaking, electrifying drives and sensational all around play, Hamidou was the breakout star of adidas Nations. A combo guard, Hamidou has the ability to create for himself and for others. The US born Guinean from Queens, New York and entering his junior year at Putnam Science Academy in Connecticut, Diallo led Babacar Sy's African Team, along with Wenyen Gabriel and Alpha Diallo and proved one of the best guards at Nations. He finished as the 6th leading scorer at the event at 19.5 ppg. A playmaker who appears wired to score more than distribute, Hamidou is incredibly explosive and a quick leaper. He knows how to create space on his jump shots and is effective using head fakes and jab steps for mid-range shots. He also has great playmaking ability, with good handles and a strong crossover. He demonstrated strong athleticism at Nations going to the hole for strong one handed flushes or absorbing contact to get to the free throw line.

While he has an advanced skill set to create space for his shot, he needs to continue to develop a consistent follow through on his outside shot. His 3-point and free throw shooting percentage numbers at Nations were certainly not highlights of his event performance (18.5% from 3 and just under 60% from the free throw line). In his defense, more often than not he was the player Africa went to at the end of shot clock. The native New Yorker has an edge to him and plays with a chip on his shoulder. He has got very strong legs. But, with his ability to go to the hole and get foul calls, he will need to continue to gain strength and improve his shooting consistency.

http://www.nbadraft.net/adidas-nations-top-international-prospects-0

Reaction Score
Hell, I'd take Alpha Diallo as well, dude looks pretty impressive
NBAdraft.net saying that Alpha and Hamidou are cousins:

Alpha Diallo, who is a cousin of Hamidou, both born in the US, was one of the biggest surprises of the event. A point-forward for Denver, Colorado, he scored over 20 points in his last 4 games, joining Wenyen Gabriel as the other player to average a double-double during the tournament, with final averages of 20.5 ppg and 10.7 rpg. He showed some range on his jump shot, though was at his best creating off of the dribble and slashing to the hoop. Babacar Sy considers him sort of a poor man's Boris Diaw, and he was relentless in the 3rd place game for Africa, going on a mini-run to begin the 2nd half on his way to 30 points, 13 rebounds and 3 assists. He is extremely calm with the ball in his hands, even under pressure, and is more crafty than explosive as far as getting looks. In the end, college teams looking for a wing player should definitely invest a look in Alpha, as he certainly showed some good qualities and above average focus for a player his age. He appears to be a legit top 50 level high school player.

Reaction Score
“I’ve been talking to Louisville, NC State, Kansas, Connecticut, Minnesota, Providence, Alabama, Syracuse, and schools like that,” said Diallo.

Louisville is a school that has been showing Diallo significant attention, and he likes what he has heard so far about the program.

“I know that they play fast and they condition their guys well,” said Diallo. “It seems like a good situation and something I will look into.”

Another school very much in the mix is Syracuse. The Orange in fact would like Diallo to make it to campus soon.

“They want me to make an unofficial visit for their elite camp,” explained Diallo. “I would hang out with the coaches and get to know them, so I might do that.”

One school that has a long relationship with Diallo is Connecticut. AAU teammate Mamadou Diarra is committed to the program and the Huskies have been involved with Diallo for a while.

“They are selling how they can get me to the NBA and that I could really develop there,” said Diallo of UConn. “It is definitely an option I am looking at.”

At this point Diallo says no visits are scheduled, but he does have a plan for that going forward.

“I will probably sit down and look at things at the end of August and see who I can visit and who I can’t and go from there,” noted Diallo.

http://www.scout.com/college/basket...-hamidou-diallo-is-just-getting-started?s=185

Reaction Score
NBAdraft.net saying that Alpha and Hamidou are cousins:

Alpha Diallo, who is a cousin of Hamidou, both born in the US, was one of the biggest surprises of the event. A point-forward for Denver, Colorado, he scored over 20 points in his last 4 games, joining Wenyen Gabriel as the other player to average a double-double during the tournament, with final averages of 20.5 ppg and 10.7 rpg. He showed some range on his jump shot, though was at his best creating off of the dribble and slashing to the hoop. Babacar Sy considers him sort of a poor man's Boris Diaw, and he was relentless in the 3rd place game for Africa, going on a mini-run to begin the 2nd half on his way to 30 points, 13 rebounds and 3 assists. He is extremely calm with the ball in his hands, even under pressure, and is more crafty than explosive as far as getting looks. In the end, college teams looking for a wing player should definitely invest a look in Alpha, as he certainly showed some good qualities and above average focus for a player his age. He appears to be a legit top 50 level high school player.

I see our friend Ozzie on the other board is sharing some possible good news...

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I see our friend Ozzie on the other board is sharing some possible good news...

Didn't he say AG gave us a soft verbal on his visit to us three months ago? Does this guy have any credibility?

Reaction Score
Didn't he say AG gave us a soft verbal on his visit to us three months ago? Does this guy have any credibility?

He said he committed and it would come out later, and then later on in June he said that Gilbert would be committing on July 4th about a week in advance of it happening. He's also been right on other things besides just AG, he definitely has a ton of credibility.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He said he committed and it would come out later, and then later on in June he said that Gilbert would be committing on July 4th about a week in advance of it happening. He's also been right on other things besides just AG, he definitely has a ton of credibility.

Fair enough, my only experience with the guy was when he said AG would be committing soon and then nothing happened. I'll take your guys' words that he's reliable.

What did he say about Hamidou?

EDIT: NVM, I see now...let's hope he's right. So much buzz here you have to figure there's a good chance it happens soon.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Ozzie has plenty of credibility. As does the UConnMBB twitter account, which is not following any uncommitted high school recruits except for Hamidou Diallo.

Yup. And the insiders here feel good as well. Starting to get excited about this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom