SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 33 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He also likes us with Gabriel, so here's to hoping he's right on both. What a class that would be ... Gilbert, Diallo, Diarra, Gabriel.
If you count Larrier, it would arguably be our best class ever. Powell could end up here too.

I would caution that everything Ozzie said about Gabriel came before the Kentucky, Kansas and UNC offers. These are the type of recruiting battles where shady things happen, especially for recruits with legal guardians advising them rather than parents.

I hope it just comes down to us and Duke for Gabriel personally. I think (regardless of what he says), our length of relationship with Gabriel, the Adam's connection, and Duke probably having both Tatum and Giles committed for that class, will put us in a great position.

Last edited:

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
If you count Larrier, it would arguably be our best class ever. Powell could end up here too.
Is Ozzie on Twitter?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Is Ozzie on Twitter?
Just a rivals poster who knows many in the basketball community, from what I understand. Tcf, aceboon and 3 would likely have a better idea than I the extent of his insider-ness. Hard to knock his track record.

Reaction Score
He's very plugged in, knew Gilbert and Gibbs were coming, we should feel really good about Diallo.

Reaction Score
He also likes us with Gabriel, so here's to hoping he's right on both. What a class that would be ... Gilbert, Diallo, Diarra, Gabriel.

That's a little different, likes where we stand but he didn't say he was coming like Diallo(or Gilbert before that).

Reaction Score
CLiXa-pUYAEVDaj.jpg

lets go!

Reaction Score
Yes, he does. He doesn't tweet often though but he did make an allusion to the AG commitment last month.

https://twitter.com/Oz3178

Great news if true. KO is really doing well with Guards and Swing-men now. Just has to nail down the big men. Unfortunately that was a problem even in the Calhoun days. As long as some his under the radar bigs perform we will be fine.

Reaction Score
Great news if true. KO is really doing well with Guards and Swing-men now. Just has to nail down the big men. Unfortunately that was a problem even in the Calhoun days. As long as some his under the radar bigs perform we will be fine.
enoch, diarra. he is recruiting and getting good bigs . i hope he's past your test by now

Reaction Score
enoch, diarra. he is recruiting and getting good bigs . i hope he's past your test by now
What I meant were borderline top 25 like he is pulling in the back court and swing men. Neither SE or HD are rated super high. SE is just barely top 100 and HD is maybe top 150. I like them both but they aren't top rated bigs like the guards and swing men he is bringing in especially if the news of HD is true. I mean AG and HD, and JA are all top recruits.

Reaction Score
Enoch is #46 on 247, #58 on Rivals, and #44 on Scout, with an RSCI composite ranking of #62. Best big we've gotten since Drummond.
Yeah but he isn't coming in with the expected impact of AG, JA or maybe HD(if he comes). Just saying he isn't DS. I have seen him play a few times and he seems to be a bigger KF at this stage of his game. It will be interesting if he will have a bigger impact.

Reaction Score
Yeah but he isn't coming in with the expected impact of AG, JA or maybe HD(if he comes). Just saying he isn't DS. I have seen him play a few times and he seems to be a bigger KF at this stage of his game. It will be interesting if he will have a bigger impact.

what does any of that have to do with you being wrong about him being barely top 100?

Reaction Score
Enoch is #46 on 247, #58 on Rivals, and #44 on Scout, with an RSCI composite ranking of #62. Best big we've gotten since Drummond.

Why is it that Enoch is nowhere to be found in ESPN's Top 100? I'm asking seriously. I spot checked a couple other people and their ESPN ranking roughly corresponds to where they slot in other services' lists.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
That's a little different, likes where we stand but he didn't say he was coming like Diallo(or Gilbert before that).

He said "UConn will win this battle ... as long as it stays clean" - like @RipCity said though that was before he pulled in UNC/UK/other offers. I was just commenting on Ozzie's overall positivity - he's plugged in so if he likes where we stand/stood that's more than enough reason to be optimistic. No matter what though, this class is going to be full of talent.

Reaction Score
Why is it that Enoch is nowhere to be found in ESPN's Top 100? I'm asking seriously. I spot checked a couple other people and their ESPN ranking roughly corresponds to where they slot in other services' lists.
I honestly have no idea - I think they had him as 98 or 99 at one point, but when they updated the rankings, he dropped out. It doesn't really make sense either, since, he's at least top 60 by all the other recruiting services and, like you said, you usually don't see such huge differences in the rankings.

Reaction Score
I honestly have no idea - I think they had him as 98 or 99 at one point, but when they updated the rankings, he dropped out. It doesn't really make sense either, since, he's at least top 60 by all the other recruiting services and, like you said, you usually don't see such huge differences in the rankings.

I remember seeing the same thing with Chance Comanche when we were recruiting him. He was a consensus top 50 big everywhere else, but ESPN barely had him in the top 100. It will be interesting to see who it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom