SF/PF Wenyen Gabriel (Kentucky Commit) | Page 21 | The Boneyard

SF/PF Wenyen Gabriel (Kentucky Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You're beautiful fleudy. You talk about "weird utilization of time" and come up with a DM type explanation? LOL all in fun pal.

Fact is FriarJ is a pretty good poster but he needed to refrain from the reaction to the "". Just be happy you're able to communicate with those of us who appreciate the occasional banter from another New England hoops fan and leave others be. The point someone made about Coren is so true so be happy you are allowed to exist on the BY unlike that "pu**y" who guards your board with an iron clit.
LOL mau. I hear you. It appears to be contradictory.

Education is never a waste of time. I haven't given up on humanity. There are some people who will gain some benefit from what I write. Just not everyone. I try to give advice independent of any need to be heard. Otherwise the advice is about me and not about the advice. There are some arguments I will engage in, although currently, I'm decreasing my activity. When I'm at my best I'm engaging because I can see some benefit to the individual I'm engaging with and/or some lurker who might be confused by human nature. When I'm at my worst I'm drawn into the debate emotionally. Something someone says makes me angry or frustrated or afraid (for the world) and even though the reader in these forums won't necessarily detect this reaction, I'm aware of it. In that case that's something I need to work on.

My wife would say we have two selves - our higher noble self and our lower base self. I'd elaborate on this but only if someone is curious.

Reaction Score
My curiosity has run out for the week maybe another time fleudy. Pretty noble of me huh?;)

Reaction Score
Just a repeated cycle.

Someone mentions Providence and FriarJ appears. Some various but different UConn posters rag FriarJ with one exception. Yonick will always be one of them. Some UConn posters will defend FriarJ, but that reasonable defense will fall on deaf ears and FriarJ, instead of thanking those who come to his defense, will focus on those posters who attack him. The vitriolic ragging between FriarJ and these posters will go on for quite a while.

This will anger other posters who stayed away from engaging FriarJ. They will insist that FriarJ be banned or question why FriarJ isn't banned. Then some posters will explain how this forum is noble in allowing people to work things out themselves. That debate will take off until Temery explains his policy. Since he is the reason behind these forums people will slink away from that topic leaving FriarJ and his attackers to go after one another without the confusion of the banning debate.

To me, and I'm sure there are others, this is just a weird utilization of time. But obviously it offers pleasure to some people. It also appears that some satisfaction is derived in people choosing to engage in (insert whatever drama we observe in the world) versus refraining from engaging in these various dramas. It appears there are reflexive sensitivities in each in every one of us, albeit not necessarily the same sensitivities. It also appears that each and every one of us has a unique way of expressing our reactions to these sensitivities.

This is Fluedy at his best....haha classic! :)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

You don't really help matters much with this sort of thing.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

If I go to the Providence board and call anyone anything, I wouldn't get a second post - just keep that in mind.

To answer the pop-psychology nitwit above, it is really, really hard to get banned here - it always has been.

Anyone who claims that they were banned for no particular reason is lying - you have to be a complete not to survive on this board.

That's by design - we used to be able to tolerate a ton of visitors without people losing their s--- over it and the board was better for it.

Unfortunately, we now have a contingent that is instantly offended by the presence of someone who somehow didn't become a UConn fan - it's like living at a Philadelphia Eagles game.

Reaction Score
Drunk posting on the Yard is almost always a mistake. I've had plenty of regrettable posts under the influence. Waking up after a bad loss and saying why did I start with my man Mau. Still that was a pretty good set up by Zionn, and J took the bait. Within an hour on a Saturday night nonetheless..

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If I go to the Providence board and call anyone anything, I wouldn't get a second post - just keep that in mind.

To answer the pop-psychology nitwit above, it is really, really hard to get banned here - it always has been.

Anyone who claims that they were banned for no particular reason is lying - you have to be a complete not to survive on this board.

That's by design - we used to be able to tolerate a ton of visitors without people losing their s--- over it and the board was better for it.

Unfortunately, we now have a contingent that is instantly offended by the presence of someone who somehow didn't become a UConn fan - it's like living at a Philadelphia Eagles game.
The nitwit made the same statement. He did not ask any questions.:cool:

Reaction Score
Drunk posting on the Yard is almost always a mistake. I've had plenty of regrettable posts under the influence. Waking up after a bad loss and saying why did I start with my man Mau. Still that was a pretty good set up by Zionn, and J took the bait. Within an hour on a Saturday night nonetheless..

No worries as we know. I've had a few over the years in which I woke up and put my hand over my eyes to see how certain people took my drunken replies. Happens to the best of fans. Some more than others. :oops:

Reaction Score
Today I learned ... being a "BY Popular Poster" I'm either a knucklehead, , or nitwit. Given a choice, I'm going with knucklehead.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
fleudslipcon said:
My wife would say we have two selves - our higher noble self and our lower base self. I'd elaborate on this but only if someone is curious.

Interested

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
My guess is his glad to be home comment could mean any number of things. Going away for a weekend as an 18 yr old kid can be exhausting. I'm sure he was partying and kept very busy. Sometimes you just want to sleep in your own bed.

I had some of the best weekends of my life, but still wanted to be home because I was completely spent and hungover.

Don't give up hope!!!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
My guess is his glad to be home comment could mean any number of things. Going away for a weekend as an 18 yr old kid can be exhausting. I'm sure he was partying and kept very busy. Sometimes you just want to sleep in your own bed.

I had some of the best weekends of my life, but still wanted to be home because I was completely spent and hungover.

Don't give up hope!!!

Wrong thread?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
No worries as we know. I've had a few over the years in which I woke up and put my hand over my eyes to see how certain people took my drunken replies. Happens to the best of fans. Some more than others. :oops:

This is why some posters stick with narcotics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom