SF/PF Wenyen Gabriel (Kentucky Commit) | Page 20 | The Boneyard

SF/PF Wenyen Gabriel (Kentucky Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Time for a Maryland beatdown!!!

Or we can put Aaron Hernandez at PF against them with deflated balls? :oops:

Just trying to have some fun upstater all good, really want some Turtle soup!

Reaction Score
Or we can put Aaron Hernandez at PF against them with deflated balls? :oops:

Just trying to have some fun upstater all good, really want some Turtle soup!

I harbor old grudges against Maryland. They will always be my number #1 most hated team.

Nothing worse than Gary Williams crying to the Washington Post. I can't understand any UConn fan that doesn't have them in the top 2 most hated.

Gary did more than anyone to damage UConn's reputation. What a whining baby.

Reaction Score
To have a good day I'm going to pretend Zion didn't say 'next'. Gilbert was the key player on my wish list to solidify an excellent team with Adams and any other combination of players and talents, but Gabriel is the difference maker with the skill set and motor to push a team over the top from excellent to elite. I haven't seen Vance Jackson in person since he was a soph and his 3 point shot from the wing was money to the point of being special, but although he was effective, he didn't stand out in other ways. Average athlete, played smart, thicker legs suggested his upper body might fill out, position rebounder, a quality team addition but not the same difference maker, stat sheet stuffer, and difficult matchup that Gabriel represents. I'd be surprised if there is a better spot up 3 point shooter than Jackson at his size, love to have him, but let me have a good day and believe Gabriel hasn't yet been a miss. I liked this fantasy world better when Powell, Gabriel, and Diallo were all sources of optimism. Damn reality.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
To have a good day I'm going to pretend Zion didn't say 'next'. Gilbert was the key player on my wish list to solidify an excellent team with Adams and any other combination of players and talents, but Gabriel is the difference maker with the skill set and motor to push a team over the top from excellent to elite. I haven't seen Vance Jackson in person since he was a soph and his 3 point shot from the wing was money to the point of being special, but although he was effective, he didn't stand out in other ways. Average athlete, played smart, thicker legs suggested his upper body might fill out, position rebounder, a quality team addition but not the same difference maker, stat sheet stuffer, and difficult matchup that Gabriel represents. I'd be surprised if there is a better spot up 3 point shooter than Jackson at his size, love to have him, but let me have a good day and believe Gabriel hasn't yet been a miss. I liked this fantasy world better when Powell, Gabriel, and Diallo were all sources of optimism. Damn reality.
This is good feedback/a smart perspective, but I actually love the description of Jackson since he sounds like a 3-year player at least. A lack of explosive athleticism is more likely to hurt your draft stock than your NCAA performance.

And, of course, we already have four incoming players (Adams, Larrier, Gilbert, Diarra) with tremendous athleticism. An earthbound shooter or two would be just fine for us.

Reaction Score

With Powell and Jackson bombing from outside, Enoch and Diarra scarfing down rebounds, Jalen Adams and Alterique delivering passes and scoring, you're going to see Diallo and Larrier having a wide open lane to the hoop.

You can't stop these shooters and penetrators unless you castrate them. Can't be done.

C Diarra/Enoch
F V. Jackson/Larrier
SG Diallo
PGs Adams/Gilbert

Reaction Score
With Powell and Jackson bombing from outside, Enoch and Diarra scarfing down rebounds, Jalen Adams and Alterique delivering passes and scoring, you're going to see Diallo and Larrier having a wide open lane to the hoop.

You can't stop these shooters and penetrators unless you castrate them. Can't be done.

C Diarra/Enoch
F V. Jackson/Larrier
SG Diallo
PGs Adams/Gilbert

A lot of ifs there. That would be pretty much the ideal scenario.

Reaction Score
I knew I would bait you FriarJ. I'll save you time - no shot! MD or Duke - only a matter of time at this point.

Reaction Score
If you admit PC has no shot, what's the point in sharing info about PC getting an in-home? Seems like wasted time and space.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's easier to read one post about a visit to Providence than it is to wade through a bunch of mini-tantrums about it.

The kid is having an in-home with Providence - it's information.

Relax.

Reaction Score

Yes, FriarJ, there are many knuckleheads & on this board. But, there are far more knuckleheads & on PC's board, than here.
Also, I might remind you that if a UConn fan referred to a PC fan as a knucklehead or pussie, on PC's board, the lovely Mr. Coran (or whatever his name is) would ban them in two seconds. Not so on this board.
So, if the young man in question is having Duke, MD, & PC on in-home visits the same day, that has to be quite confusing for him. It also means KY & UConn will get a less hectic day(s) to make their pitch(s).
BTW, UConn is hosting a recruit of comparable status and position, as Gabriel, this weekend. Perhaps that is what Cooley should do.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Yes, FriarJ, there are many knuckleheads & on this board. But, there are far more knuckleheads & on PC's board, than here.
Also, I might remind you that if a UConn fan referred to a PC fan as a knucklehead or pussie, on PC's board, the lovely Mr. Coran (or whatever his name is) would ban them in two seconds. Not so on this board.
So, if the young man in question is having Duke, MD, & PC on in-home visits the same day, that has to be quite confusing for him. It also means KY & UConn will get a less hectic day(s) to make their pitch(s).
BTW, UConn is hosting a recruit of comparable status and position, as Gabriel, this weekend. Perhaps that is what Cooley should do.
Enough with the disdainful and arrogant garbage. FriarJ posted ACTUAL RELEVANT INFORMATION about WG and one of our fans overreacted. For the most part FriarJ is a pretty reasonable poster from another fanbase, so let's not scare off the neighbors just yet.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Enough with the disdainful and arrogant garbage. FriarJ posted ACTUAL RELEVANT INFORMATION about WG and one of our fans overreacted. For the most part FriarJ is a pretty reasonable poster from another fanbase, so let's not scare off the neighbors just yet.
Just a repeated cycle.

Someone mentions Providence and FriarJ appears. Some various but different UConn posters rag FriarJ with one exception. Yonick will always be one of them. Some UConn posters will defend FriarJ, but that reasonable defense will fall on deaf ears and FriarJ, instead of thanking those who come to his defense, will focus on those posters who attack him. The vitriolic ragging between FriarJ and these posters will go on for quite a while.

This will anger other posters who stayed away from engaging FriarJ. They will insist that FriarJ be banned or question why FriarJ isn't banned. Then some posters will explain how this forum is noble in allowing people to work things out themselves. That debate will take off until Temery explains his policy. Since he is the reason behind these forums people will slink away from that topic leaving FriarJ and his attackers to go after one another without the confusion of the banning debate.

To me, and I'm sure there are others, this is just a weird utilization of time. But obviously it offers pleasure to some people. It also appears that some satisfaction is derived in people choosing to engage in (insert whatever drama we observe in the world) versus refraining from engaging in these various dramas. It appears there are reflexive sensitivities in each in every one of us, albeit not necessarily the same sensitivities. It also appears that each and every one of us has a unique way of expressing our reactions to these sensitivities.

Reaction Score
You're beautiful fleudy. You talk about "weird utilization of time" and come up with a mini-DM type explanation? LOL all in fun pal.

Fact is FriarJ is a pretty good poster but he needed to refrain from the reaction to the "". Just be happy you're able to communicate with those of us who appreciate the occasional banter from another New England hoops fan and leave others be. The point someone made about Coren is so true so be happy you are allowed to exist on the BY unlike having that "pu**y" who guards your board with an iron clit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak