Seth Greenburg Akok & Bouk comparisons | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Seth Greenburg Akok & Bouk comparisons

Reaction Score
Ray Allen -- 11 vs. Towson, 21 vs. UVA, 13 vs. Yale, 17 vs. Seton Hall.
I'm guessing that Ray took significantly more shots to get to those point totals than Bouknight. Bouknight has been incredibly efficient.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing that Ray took significantly more shots to get to those point totals than Bouknight. Bouknight has been incredibly efficient.

For the season, Ray as a freshman was at 1.38 points per shot, which is very good for 9 shots a game. Bouk is at 1.82 on ~7 shots. Bouk's number will likely fall. His 2pt% is at Zion levels right now, which is not sustainable. (No, he's not as good as Zion. I'm pre-empting that joke/enthusiasm).

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
My final comment on Bouknight (for now):. I was excited to see Bouknight in a UConn uniform, and his play has been even better than expected thus far. He is far more "ready" than most freshman and plays like an upperclassman. I'm thrilled we have him and Akok and hope we get at least 2 seasons from each of them.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Not sure where to post, but for those w/out IG. Some pretty good company here for Akok

Reaction Score
So what are you implying here? That he is similar or isn't? That Lamb was better or worse? I certainly watched UConn long before Lamb got here.
Several posts saying that Lamb wasn't an off the dribble/bounce guy, even one saying he's not a smooth scorer like Bouknight(WHAT?). Lamb isn't and wasn't at his best as just a spot up guy, he's best off a few dribbles and getting to his spot. Dude isn't shooting floaters and pull up jumpers from a stand still position, he has to dribble to get to those shots. Bouknight is getting off from the get go unlike Lamb who didn't really hit his consistent stride until conference play, but their games are similar. Bouknight was doing the same type of stuff in Charleston.

Reaction Score
I see some of Ray's game in Bouk. People tend to forget how athletic Ray was at UConn because he was so smooth. I don't think Bouk is quite the outside shooter Ray was (no insult Bouk is very good outside) but that's how Ray used to move through the lane. And Ray was very good dunker at UConn (Bouk hasn't shown that yet). But Bouk has a lot of the same qualities as Ray Ray.

Right now, he's Baby Ray.

Ray is the most prolific shooter in NBA history. Let’s pump the brakes. There’s not a ton in common in their games either. Bouk is more Rip than Ray.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Several posts saying that Lamb wasn't an off the dribble/bounce guy, even one saying he's not a smooth scorer like Bouknight(WHAT?). Lamb isn't and wasn't at his best as just a spot up guy, he's best off a few dribbles and getting to his spot. Dude isn't shooting floaters and pull up jumpers from a stand still position, he has to dribble to get to those shots. Bouknight is getting off from the get go unlike Lamb who didn't really hit his consistent stride until conference play, but their games are similar. Bouknight was doing the same type of stuff in Charleston.

Hell, Lamb was so smooth people were calling him lazy. Same thing happened to Rudy. Saw a comment or two RE Bouknight the other day like this. What can you do?

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Not sure what Seth is looking at in terms of Akok-Capella comparison. Completely under-sells Akok's diverse basketball skill-set, in addition to the rim-running. The comparison between the two pretty much ends at the rim-running. Even in comping shot-blocking, Akok appears to have a greater impact on the game than Capella does at the NBA level.

Reaction Score
Bouknight doesn't really look like any of our past players, neither does Akok. Bouk is probably more bouncy than pretty much all the other UConn guys named except for a young Ray. It's so early but in limited minutes he showed off a ton of tools. There are some things he showed off that remind me of past players like attacking the offensive glass like Caron or not getting sped up like Lamb but his overall game doesn't really remind me of them. Again, still so early but Bouknight has already shown more paasing abilty than I remember seeing from Lamb at UConn.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Yeah, that wasn't me. Lamb has a game closer to Bouk's than any other UConn player I've seen (Ray and Rip not similar really), but I still like my Kerry Kittles comparison even better. Lamb is longer, and while he has a very good handle for his size, is a little less crafty dribbling than Bouknight seems to be. But one is a solid NBA player and the other a college freshman, so any comparison is based on projections and their games as freshmen. Lamb had that teardrop floater out of the gate. He was really a SF for us as much as a guard. For anybody who has a poor memory, this should solve that.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that wasn't me. Lamb has a game closer to Bouk's than any other UConn player I've seen (Ray and Rip not similar really), but I still like my Kerry Kittles comparison even better. Lamb is longer, and while he has a very good handle for his size, is a little less crafty dribbling than Bouknight seems to be. But one is a solid NBA player and the other a college freshman, so any comparison is based on projections and their games as freshmen. Lamb had that teardrop floater out of the gate. He was really a SF for us as much as a guard. For anybody who has a poor memory, this should solve that.

I like the Kittles comparison. He was damn good. Quick, shifty, crafty and could fill it up. I see Bouknight as a similar offensive player, but with more ability to distribute. The kid is an absolute joy to watch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom