Seth Greenburg Akok & Bouk comparisons | The Boneyard

Seth Greenburg Akok & Bouk comparisons

Reaction Score
Said he loves our freshmen. Said Akok reminds him of Clint Capela and Bouk reminds him of Spencer Dinwiddie.

Not exactly the comparisons I would make but always interesting to hear the takes from outsiders.

*correction- Seth Greenberg

Reaction Score
Akok Akok has a lot of Jonathan Isaac in his game. Skinny, athletic rim protector who could also step out and shoot the three.

I want to say Jeremy Lamb for Bouknight, but not quite.

Reaction Score
Obviously Bouknight is better than Lamb was right out of the gates but we all saw how great Lamb was at the end of the year for a championship team.

I'm trying not to get ahead of myself but Bouknight looks like a better player to me than Lamb. It's way beyond the scoring and athleticism, he seems to have an uncommon IQ and sees the game differently. His passing is great, his rebounding is great and he just seems to know where to be whether it's cutting to the rim to crash the boards or finding the open man...

There was a subtle play where he was going for the ball out of bounds as the Miami player was going for the ball out of bounds and at the perfect moment he knew to back off and get in position to have the Miami player throw it right to him. There is a unique calmness to him while also being really explosive. You rarely see it in a young player.

Reaction Score
Akok’s energy level and the player he most resembles is Pascal Siakam. Siakam, like Akok had very similar freshman season and Siakam’s jump into his second year at NMSU was remarkable. I’d expect next year’s jump for Akok to be similar.

Reaction Score
Akok’s energy level and the player he most resembles is Pascal Siakam. Siakam, like Akok had very similar freshman season and Siakam’s jump into his second year at NMSU was remarkable. I’d expect next year’s jump for Akok to be similar.
Pascal was never the outside shooting threat or near the shot blocking threat Akok is

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Obviously Bouknight is better than Lamb was right out of the gates but we all saw how great Lamb was at the end of the year for a championship team.

I'm trying not to get ahead of myself but Bouknight looks like a better player to me than Lamb. It's way beyond the scoring and athleticism, he seems to have an uncommon IQ and sees the game differently. His passing is great, his rebounding is great and he just seems to know where to be whether it's cutting to the rim to crash the boards or finding the open man...

There was a subtle play where he was going for the ball out of bounds as the Miami player was going for the ball out of bounds and at the perfect moment he knew to back off and get in position to have the Miami player throw it right to him. There is a unique calmness to him while also being really explosive. You rarely see it in a young player.
That unusual combination was quoted by Ray Allen when asked about his success and game when he was at Uconn. I never forgot it because it almost sounds counter intuitive:

He said "just play hard and stay calm". You can play hard without getting emotionally "psyched up" I am hearing that in MLB these days when young players in the minors are told to "slow the game down" meaning the thought process in times of pressure.

Reaction Score
I see some of Ray's game in Bouk. People tend to forget how athletic Ray was at UConn because he was so smooth. I don't think Bouk is quite the outside shooter Ray was (no insult Bouk is very good outside) but that's how Ray used to move through the lane. And Ray was very good dunker at UConn (Bouk hasn't shown that yet). But Bouk has a lot of the same qualities as Ray Ray.

Right now, he's Baby Ray.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Saying Bouk is a better player than Lamb is my domain man. ;)

Nice write up.

Reaction Score

I was thinking about this earlier, just due to the inevitable Lamb comparisons. I think Bouknight has an explosiveness that Lamb never had. Lamb's length was a major problem defensively but I never thought of him as a "heady" player. They're similar in that they can both score in a variety of ways but Bouknight's ceiling, at least as a college player, is much higher.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I see some of Ray's game in Bouk. People tend to forget how athletic Ray was at UConn because he was so smooth. I don't think Bouk is quite the outside shooter Ray was (no insult Bouk is very good outside) but that's how Ray used to move through the lane. And Ray was very good dunker at UConn (Bouk hasn't shown that yet). But Bouk has a lot of the same qualities as Ray Ray.

That lay up where he was going to be blocked and adjusted his body to avoid the block and make the shot reminded me of Ray against Georgetown. It’s amazing how a player can twist or double pump in the air and still complete the shot.

Reminds me more of Rip than Ray.

Reaction Score
I was thinking about this earlier, just due to the inevitable Lamb comparisons. I think Bouknight has an explosiveness that Lamb never had. Lamb's length was a major problem defensively but I never thought of him as a "heady" player. They're similar in that they can both score in a variety of ways but Bouknight's ceiling, at least as a college player, is much higher.
It's early but JB seems more like Batman while JL was more of a Robin type

Reaction Score

I have been saying he reminds me of Ray as a freshman. The kid can play. And Akok has some freshman Donyell in him. My goodness listen to what I am saying. We actually have players that can make plays. Now CV and AG can play the roles they should be playing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

yeah that calm demeanor really stands out. along with his sense of the game sliding into spots that don’t seem important then seeing the rebound go right there. Athletic gifts aside his ability to read the game is his best attribute.

Reaction Score
Think I read Bouknight quoted as saying Lamb is his all time favorite Husky so there may be a reason why their games are similar.

Reaction Score
That lay up where he was going to be blocked and adjusted his body to avoid the block and make the shot reminded me of Ray against Georgetown. It’s amazing how a player can twist or double pump in the air and still complete the shot.

Reminds me more of Rip than Ray.
It's been such a limited sample size but I agree - he reminds me quite a bit of RIP. I say so because of his dribbling ability in open court, quick hands, quick feet, and his apparent quick strike mid-range jumper. If I'm the coaching staff, I have him watch all the RIP tape possible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom