Seth Greenburg Akok & Bouk comparisons | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Seth Greenburg Akok & Bouk comparisons

Reaction Score
Honestly, making comparisons is so difficult, but if I were to make one with Bouknight, it would be RIP. I think RIP averaged around 15 his freshman year and was already at an elite level in scoring when entering college. We have had a lot of great husky's but not a lot that have come in with the ability to score so smoothly. I am not sure Bouknight will average 15, but I would be surprised if he does not end up averaging over 12ppg. Lamb did not have the handle or the smoothness in scoring. Now Lamb did have a nice shooting stroke, but couldn't do it off the bounce like Bouknight. I just know it has been a long time since we have had a freshman who had such a smooth scoring ability from the get-go. It may be early to sing Bouknight's praises, but I am legitimately worried he could leave early. I think since I have been watching Huskies basketball(1987) The best scoring freshman I can recall having been RIP, Ray, Caron, El-Amin(at times) Donyell(although he had a rough second half).....but after Caron, I cannot recall a freshman who has come in and had the ability to come in and score on all levels immediately like Bouknight. Some of that may have to do with the depth of talent on some of the squads in the 2000s, so it took longer to showcase, but its just been a while....However, I missed a ton in Dyson's freshman year for some life circumstances, and my brother tells me, he scored pretty easily as a Freshman.

Reaction Score
Regardless of what others have said... In our home we've been saying since Friday that Bouk is a DNA combination of Ray Allen and Richard Hamilton.

The silky smoothness and effortless efficiency of Ray. Not necessarily the motor of Rip, but the unique ability to get into impossible spaces and find a way to score.

Outside the UConn family, perhaps Kerry Kittles?

Reaction Score
Rip Hamilton. Had everything in his game.Saw him all of the 99 season (our greatest) and at St Pete vs Duke. ICE (Bouk) reminds me of him. He was the Man in 99 . Will ICE be the man in 2020? George Gervin was the ICEMAN but Bouk IS just ICE.

Reaction Score
For the old guys he definitely has the creativity of Earl Kelley but longer and can hang in the air to get shots off. Earl and Jeremy for me.

Reaction Score
For the old guys he definitely has the creativity of Earl Kelley but longer and can hang in the air to get shots off. Earl and Jeremy for me.
I like the Ray comparison.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Book reminds me of Ray Allen. Smooth, hang time, great shot, finisher.....

Akok reminds me of some tall skinny African kids with crazy hops and a good shot

Reaction Score
The sample size is so small on Bouk right now. He’s obviously very good but just how good? And defense has to be part of this. Don’t forget it took Kemba 3 years before he took over games and began to dominate for UCONN. I remember plenty of criticism in years 1 and 2 for him. Used to drive into the trees like AG was doing. I want him for 3 years.

Reaction Score
It may be early to sing Bouknight's praises, but I am legitimately worried he could leave early.
He will. I don't see him leaving after this season unless he goes nuts and turns into a scoring machine no one can guard. I think he'll be something like that next season and he'll be gone.

Reaction Score
The sample size is so small on Bouk right now. He’s obviously very good but just how good? And defense has to be part of this. Don’t forget it took Kemba 3 years before he took over games and began to dominate for UCONN. I remember plenty of criticism in years 1 and 2 for him. Used to drive into the trees like AG was doing. I want him for 3 years.
Id be shocked if he were here for 3 years. This kid is coming off the bench, not forcing anything and yet hes putting up 14ppg in his first 3 games. What is he going to be doing by February? I think he'll be here next year but gone after. Its cool though, these are good problems to have.

Reaction Score
At UCONN we have been spoiled having a steady stream of players with great talent save for the past few years. Duke and Kentucky have them year in and out, now we got one I’m thinking.

Reaction Score
Call me crazy but it hit me like a diamond bullet between the eyes but in what little ive seen of JB he reminds me of Dwayne Wade. Now this could change the more I see him but at this moment thats who he reminds me of.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Book reminds me of Ray Allen. Smooth, hang time, great shot, finisher.....

Akok reminds me of some tall skinny African kids with crazy hops and a good shot

I think this post might not come across as intended since it's receiving dislikes. I guess it was a bad attempt at humor over the WWW where intent is easy to confuse. I Like Akok Akok, good player and seems like a good kid. I was not disparaging him in any way shape or form. I just can't think of anyone he reminds me of, so I tried to be funny.

Reaction Score
Akok Akok has a lot of Jonathan Isaac in his game. Skinny, athletic rim protector who could also step out and shoot the three.

I want to say Jeremy Lamb for Bouknight, but not quite.
I think Bouknight is actually a little more wirey strong than Lamb. Also Bouknight obviously seems to be a much better one on one player, gets pretty low to the floor with his handle...

Reaction Score
It's been such a limited sample size but I agree - he reminds me quite a bit of RIP. I say so because of his dribbling ability in open court, quick hands, quick feet, and his apparent quick strike mid-range jumper. If I'm the coaching staff, I have him watch all the RIP tape possible.
He is a way better athlete than RIP and way more fluid, RIP was good coming off picks but bouk can create his own slot easier due to his athletic ability. I see more of a mix of Ray and Jeremy than RIP in him due to have better physical skills.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He is a way better athlete than RIP and way more fluid, RIP was good coming off picks but bouk can create his own slot easier due to his athletic ability. I see more of a mix of Ray and Jeremy than RIP in him due to have better physical skills.

I think the Rip comparisons are based on handle. Remember Rip as a frosh against Kansas at HCC? Due to a couple of suspensions (Ricky and King??) Rip had to play the PG and did fine. Don't think freshman Ray was as good dribbling as Rip or Bouk.

Reaction Score
Pascal was never the outside shooting threat or near the shot blocking threat Akok is
I'll go beyond that. In addition, none of these comparison guys has the handle or first step that Akok has. I've never been a fan of Seth Greenberg or his opinions on players.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
More Rip than Ray

Agreed. Bouk's one weakness that I can see is he's a set shooter from outside. Watched him in warmups and he never left the floor. He doesn't elevate like Ray (or even Polley) and so he's going to have a hard time getting that shot off against decent defenders.

The guy he reminds me of didn't play for UConn, Kerry Kittles at Villanova. Similar craftyness in his game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom