Season Ticket Sales | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Season Ticket Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Off-topic, but when do single game tix go on sale? Was searching through the thread and didn't see any reference.

Today

Attachments

• Cheaters.jpg
    Cheaters.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 40

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
SNY or ESPN Ocho or whatever online stream the game is on is being shown on and is certainly measured probably more so than my butt on a bench.
There are many reasons to stay at home and watch the game instead of going to the stadium. This is not one of them.

As a general example, what do you think looks better?

(1) 500,000 TV viewers and 20,000 tickets sold
(2) 480,000 TV viewers and 40,000 tickets sold

20,000 extra tickets sold is barely going to move the needle on TV ratings while it doubles the ticket sales and makes the team's brand look far more attractive.

Reaction Score
There are many reasons to stay at home and watch the game instead of going to the stadium. This is not one of them.

As a general example, what do you think looks better?

(1) 500,000 TV viewers and 20,000 tickets sold
(2) 480,000 TV viewers and 40,000 tickets sold

20,000 extra tickets sold is barely going to move the needle on TV ratings while it doubles the ticket sales and makes the team's brand look far more attractive.

Not to mention the school gets squat from those advertisers, ESPN does not the school, the school only gets money from butts in the seats, hell they don't even make anything off of the concessions, so you want to support the school on game day buy a ticket, period!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Call bs all you want. We all graduated in the mid-80's. Even in 2010 and 2011, these guys went to maybe 1 game a year if they were given a free ticket and if the temperature was between 60 and 70 degrees and if it wasn't too sunny or too cloudy. They always had fun but none would make the commitment.

In the early Edsall years they all had some kid obligations, then it was college tuition, now its just that they feel FB has taken away what they loved most about Uconn BB. I don't think they even watch the FB games on TV. I know they don't watch them with me and they certainly have no knowledge of the players, only how bad the results have been the last few years. The comments on BD were actually pretty funny last night.

And I don't think they are they only alums that feel that way. FWIW, one guy has bought hockey season tickets mainly because that was the sport his kids participated in the most while growing up. But a FB 3 game plan, no way.
This is a theory that your BB friends and all BB only fans need to get over. Football may have ruined what they loved about UCONN basketball but the reality is that there's no way back and if they want to continue to enjoy high level basketball, they better support the FB team and hope like heck that we get to higher ground like our past BE programs have.

Like JMONEY said, there are many reasons to not be able to get season tix but if the reason is because they think FB killed BB, then they are just part of the problem.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
SNY or ESPN Ocho or whatever online stream the game is on is being shown on and is certainly measured probably more so than my butt on a bench. Advertisers get more bang for their buck for the one on one potential exposure to me at home than some sign ad or TV screen ad in the stadium.
Think about whatever thousands more of me listening to it on the radio or watching it on tv like I do for every game home or away.
Advertisers don't spend good money to reach no one.
There are more watching and listening then there are in the stadium paying whatever price level they can afford to be there.
Now try putting a good product on the field and getting quality opponents and watch how it gets better.
AAC sucks and we deserve better.
And I believe it's realized by our potential suitors based on sports success and pedigree what we are capable of.
So I'm not kissing anything goodbye by not rushing out to buy season tix. UConn is getting my support in other ways that are noted and measured which better fit my budget, schedule and expectations.
If these are your premises, you're not going to win the argument.

Reaction Score
Call bs all you want. We all graduated in the mid-80's. Even in 2010 and 2011, these guys went to maybe 1 game a year if they were given a free ticket and if the temperature was between 60 and 70 degrees and if it wasn't too sunny or too cloudy. They always had fun but none would make the commitment.

In the early Edsall years they all had some kid obligations, then it was college tuition, now its just that they feel FB has taken away what they loved most about Uconn BB. I don't think they even watch the FB games on TV. I know they don't watch them with me and they certainly have no knowledge of the players, only how bad the results have been the last few years. The comments on BD were actually pretty funny last night.

And I don't think they are they only alums that feel that way. FWIW, one guy has bought hockey season tickets mainly because that was the sport his kids participated in the most while growing up. But a FB 3 game plan, no way.

just curious.....They think football in general took away what they loved about UConn hoops...or specifically UConn football. My guess is that they are bitter at UConn football, like many of the BB only crowd and that they are in denial that the whole world changed around them. So in their best case scenario, we never played football....but the Big East still would have fell apart and maybe, just maybe, we would have been asked to play in that other clusterfu*k of a league with GTown, Butler, Creighton, St johns, etc......

...and then they would bit*h about how UConn should have started football 30 years ago

Reaction Score
just curious.....They think football in general took away what they loved about UConn hoops...or specifically UConn football. My guess is that they are bitter at UConn football, like many of the BB only crowd and that they are in denial that the whole world changed around them. So in their best case scenario, we never played football....but the Big East still would have fell apart and maybe, just maybe, we would have been asked to play in that other clusterfu*k of a league with GTown, Butler, Creighton, St johns, etc.

...and then they would bit*h about how UConn should have started football 30 years ago

I love Bill Clinton, Grunge rock ESPN's Big Monday as much as the next guy, but the world that the Basketball-only crowd is advocating for simply doesn't exist anymore.

Big East 2.0 is sitting pretty at the moment thanks to a big TV deal and brand recognition, but if you think that conference has a future with only a men's bball product as a revenue generator you're crazy. The truth is that FS1 overpaid for the conference to break it away from the football schools. When the current deal expires, you think ESPN is going to break the bank trying to outbid them for a mens bball only league? No chance, more than likely the deals are going to get smaller and smaller and those tiny jesuit schools who make all their money from one sport are going to be screwed.

UConn, with twin powerhouse bball programs, an emerging national power hockey program and a football program with the opportunity to generate additional revenue through bowl appearances and ESPN's exposure is in a very good place today. Even if we never get a P5 invite, I'll take our 10-20 year outlook over Villanova's any day of the week.

Reaction Score

What I call B/S on is that they are fans of UCONN. They aren't. That's ok. They are just fans of the BB team (and probably only when we are ranked). Great. But they are effectively useless in the public perception battle. Yes, the team needs to win - but if most of our fans are like this (and unfortunately they are - they would stop going to BB games in a second if we stopped winning) it isn't really hard to understand why the big-time programs thumb their nose at us.

BTW I call the same B/S on guys like HFD who ONLY care about UCONN as it relates to sports and couldn't care less if the campus burned to the ground as long as people wear the right color tie to a press conference. But if we had 50000 of them, people might look us differently.

Sad to say, but football crazy kids that went to WNEC are more valuable than disengaged Alumni at this point.

Reaction Score
just curious.....They think football in general took away what they loved about UConn hoops...or specifically UConn football. My guess is that they are bitter at UConn football, like many of the BB only crowd and that they are in denial that the whole world changed around them. So in their best case scenario, we never played football....but the Big East still would have fell apart and maybe, just maybe, we would have been asked to play in that other clusterfu*k of a league with GTown, Butler, Creighton, St johns, etc.

Of course.

(don't forget the fact that every time there is a down year nobody goes to the games either)

Husky25

Reaction Score
I thought HFD program support was entirely through message board activity.
I recall you are at least partially correct. Didn't he only go to games if someone gave him free tickets?

Reaction Score
Such a sacrifice getting drunk and watching football

No one who wasn't melting at the Albany game, and sitting in freezing rain through both the UCF and SMU games, all in one season, gets to joke about the "sacrifices" made by people who were there for all of them. You would be showing ignorance. Last year in the stadium was impossibly brutal.

Reaction Score
I recall you are at least partially correct. Didn't he only go to games if someone gave him free tickets?
He was more interested in Penn State.

Never belittle the fans who actually show up. As proven by some, it takes an effort to sit in the stadium for a whole game as things are right now.

Husky25

Reaction Score
No one who wasn't melting at the Albany game, and sitting in freezing rain through both the UCF and SMU games, all in one season, gets to joke about the "sacrifices" made by people who were there for all of them. You would be showing ignorance. Last year in the stadium was impossibly brutal.
Albany?

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I honestly think the conference situation, when it applies to football attendance, is over stated. When the team was winning they'd get near sell outs against the likes of Hofstra and Rhode Island... heck we actually did worse attendance wise against some league opponents than some non-conference dogs. If the team wins more than it losses I bet you'd see 95% capacity for most games... even in this conference.

Reaction Score
I honestly think the conference situation, when it applies to football attendance, is over stated. When the team was winning they'd get near sell outs against the likes of Hofstra and Rhode Island... heck we actually did worse attendance wise against some league opponents than some non-conference dogs. If the team wins more than it losses I bet you'd see 95% capacity for most games... even in this conference.

I agree - I've made that point before. But I still get tired of hearing the excuses as to why people can't / won't / shouldn't go.

Husky25

Reaction Score
He was more interested in Penn State.

Never belittle the fans who actually show up. As proven by some, it takes an effort to sit in the stadium for a whole game as things are right now.
But it's open season on the fan who shows up And pays their own way?:confused:

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Look I'm closer to basketball only than equal parts football and basketball fan, so this means I can justify the risk of playing in the American in hopes of a P5 invite and also believe that in a football ignorant vacuum UConn basketball is better off in a conference whose footprint is primarily in the I95 corridor where basketball is king. Maybe we don't get the next K Free out of Patterson Catholic because he wants to play in front of his family in North Jersey. Maybe we don't get the next Taliek who wants to play in front of family at the Garden. There is/was value in the name brands of our rivals. If football died today, tomorrow I'd be banging on Warde's door to put us back in a league with Nova, Gtown, SJU, Providence, and most importantly the BET in MSG.

Yes, it doesn't work like that and I pray to god Football improves and I'm willing to sacrifice what we lost in hopes of a better future. But lets not pretend in a basketball only world we wouldn't rather play our historical rivals close to us then Tulane Houston and UCF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom