Season Ticket Sales | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Season Ticket Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Attendance will still likely reach 20k+ for the opener IMO. I think most people just smartened up and know they can wait for Uconn to discount them or the lots where you can get a ticket for way below face. How the rest of the season goes depends on the product on the field. If we beat Nova handily I think we'd get 30k+ for Army.
We'll get over 30k for Army anyway. Service academies tend to draw well at away games. Geez, the corps of cadets could probably fill the whole visitors section.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Avg about 9000 a home game

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
We announced 23543 for the Stony Brook game, for reference. Gut tells me it's close to this for Nova, but weather big factor.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We announced 23543 for the Stony Brook game, for reference. Gut tells me it's close to this for Nova, but weather big factor.

They have gone back to announcing numbers that are completely disconnected from actual attendance.

So they will probably announce a number in that neighborhood but there is maybe a 1% chance they get 24k to show.

Reaction Score
Stony Brook last year was Hot...I remember sitting there sweating my off.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I think that we could live with a schedule against teams nobody cares about if we won games. We would even be ok losing in a league with teams everyone knows, the B10 or ACC in particular. It wouldn't be great but it would be tolerable. But right now we have the worst of both worlds. A league with Tulsa ( is that a real place) and Memphis (a school that makes Louisville look like Oxford) and a bad team. It is a ticket to disaster.

Ok, the "CUSA west" schools are not Stanford. Although SMU is tied with UConn in the US News rankings, Tulane is slightly ahead of us, and Tulsa is a top 100 school.

In football, Tulsa had a lot of success in CUSA and they've won at South Bend recently. When Memphis plays well, they can get 50,000 at the Liberty Bowl.

I understand UConn fans think we deserve better than the AAC. But the schools we're with right now are not community colleges with no football tradition. They don't suck.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
The AAC is a circle jerk.
Look at this year's home schedule. No disrespect to the Service Academies but come on. Look at the other teams that are coming.
When I hear about the donations my friends had to pay, on top of the ticket prices and the parking passes it's no wonder so many of them backed out this year.
I miss our old rivalries and will certainly be 100% on board again if the B1G or ACC comes calling.
But until then there is no reason whatsoever for me to invest any real money into the product that the AAC is providing.
That being said, I'll end up going to a game or two with my son and buy a $10 ticket outside (or get miracled a free one) to enjoy a nice Fall day and tailgate/game scene.
But it won't count toward any actual ticket sales because it won't be a box office purchase.

It's more the event then the product on the field for me at this point.
And that's too bad because for a short while it was the absolute best time out watching it grow and blossom.

Hanging out on the CR board I believe that the wheels are already set in motion for us and the B1G.
Season ticket sales at this point don't matter.
Any suitors that we have know what we are capable of from our past and are surely aware that all of the seats plus many more will fill again instantaneously with an invite.
Pi$$ing money away on East Carolina and Villanova just doesn't make sense.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Look at this year's home schedule. No disrespect to the Service Academies but come on. Look at the other teams that are coming.
When I hear about the donations my friends had to pay, on top of the ticket prices and the parking passes it's no wonder so many of them backed out this year.
I miss our old rivalries and will certainly be 100% on board again if the B1G or ACC comes calling.
But until then there is no reason whatsoever for me to invest any real money into the product that the AAC is providing.
That being said, I'll end up going to a game or two with my son and buy a $10 ticket outside (or get miracled a free one) to enjoy a nice Fall day and tailgate/game scene.
But it won't count toward any actual ticket sales because it won't be a box office purchase.

And that's too bad because for a short while it was the absolute best time out watching it grow and blossom.

Hanging out on the CR board I believe that the wheels are already set in motion for us and the B1G.
Any suitors that we have know what we are capable of from our past and are surely aware that all of the seats plus many more will fill again instantaneously with an invite.

Thank you for gracing us with your prescence.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

I get it, the AAC sucks, but...

A lot of the angst we all feel will subside (at least a little) once games become meaningful again. If the ECU game means anything for the conference race, you won't care if it's ECU or FIT on the other jersey - you'll want a W.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
the AAC sucks when we go 11 - 0 in back to back seasons enroute to a thoroughly disrespected bowl bid and have to sit through snooze fest blow outs every saturday. right now in football this sucky conference sucks less than us. we are the suckiest. in all other sports, uconn is pretty awesome....not football over the past 4 years.

ElGuapo

Reaction Score
Gracing you with my presence is not the point.
Enjoying a fun day out without the extra $100's (for the game) or $1,000's (for the season) on top of it for the privilege of continually seeing sub-par teams visit East Hartford.
It can be done much cheaper than paying for it all up front

Truth is my group just gave up our Patriots season tickets after 6 years of having them (11 years on the waiting list since the Hartford announcement) for entirely different reasons.
Although we paid a hefty yearly price each March during the renewal period, we saw some pretty awesome games against great opponents over those years.
But in the end it just became too much of a time, resource and money investment to continue each year.

So with all of that extra time I'll have now in the Fall, I hope to someday soon be able to channel some of my attention and money to a competitive UConn team playing a name brand schedule again against peer institutions and rivals.
The AAC is just not cutting it for me and many of my former UConn season ticket holder friends.
It really is too bad how harsh our reality has changed.
Those Big East days were such a blast and I can't wait for it to change back again to our favor.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well I'm glad you've decided we are headed to the Big Ten and we don't need any support until then.

Maybe we can pay the assistants in Diaco Bucks until that Big Ten money rolls in.

I'm sure the Big Ten's criteria is totally what can they do for the schools not what can the schools do for them. Oh wait... they stated it's the exact opposite.

I like how you ignored the fact you can get 2 season tickets for $240 and spend a total of $360 on tickets and parking for the entire season. It's thousands though.

Reaction Score
So with all of that extra time I'll have now in the Fall, I hope to someday soon be able to channel some of my attention and money to a competitive UConn team playing a name brand schedule again against peer institutions and rivals.
The AAC is just not cutting it for me and many of my former UConn season ticket holder friends.
It really is too bad how harsh our reality has changed.
Those Big East days were such a blast and I can't wait for it to change back again to our favor.

Those "Big East" days you can't for again will never happen if the fanbase continues to turn its back on the program because of conference affiliation.

I get $, I get family, I get coaching youth sports, I get other time committments, I even get that it was a chore to go to games last year and people need to preserve their sanity. But I definitely do not get abandoning the team because of the conference they are in.

Reaction Score
Well I'm glad you've decided we are headed to the Big Ten and we don't need any support until then.

Maybe we can pay the assistants in Diaco Bucks until that Big Ten money rolls in.

I'm sure the Big Ten's criteria is totally what can they do for the schools not what can the schools do for them. Oh wait... they stated it's the exact opposite.

I like how you ignored the fact you can get 2 season tickets for $240 and spend a total of $360 on tickets and parking for the entire season. It's thousands though.

Tailgating costs

Reaction Score
Off-topic, but when do single game tix go on sale? Was searching through the thread and didn't see any reference.

Living in NYC now and debating whether or not to get season tix or go individual games. Basically if I get season tix, it'll help pad the number of season tickets sold, but in reality I'll probably only get to 2-3 games.

If I go individual tickets it's easier on my wallet, but doesn't help the program bottom line.

Leaning towards renewing season tickets and treating it as a donation to the program.

ElGuapo

Reaction Score
You are correct.
There are low cost options available as well. Not a bad seat in the house so those are quite the bargain.
But the product on the field... Ugh.
I was referring to some of the premier seat locations where my friends held multiple packages of 4-8 seats in a row.
Those get quite spendy quick with all of the AD donation add-ons.
Remember the game bundles they were selling just so someone can buy a Michigan ticket?
That was cute.
Too bad they don't have the same leverage this year to bundle around.

The B1G Bob Bucks scenario you suggest above reinforces my point that season ticket sales don't matter.
Put all of the academic standing and other sports success aside. UConn has that covered. This is football we are talking about.
It seems that the real value that UConn represents to the B1G, or any conference, is not my butt in a $20.00 aluminum bench space ticket promo, but my two eyeballs at home watching the game on TV.

The only way we will see the glory days of the past again will be an invite up and out of the AAC.
Butts will be in seats and eyeballs will be on TVs and all problems will be solved.
Until then, I'll cherry pick my games and you'll buy season tickets and we'll all enjoy our mediocrity together.

ElGuapo

Reaction Score
Those "Big East" days you can't for again will never happen if the fanbase continues to turn its back on the program because of conference affiliation.

I get $, I get family, I get coaching youth sports, I get other time committments, I even get that it was a chore to go to games last year and people need to preserve their sanity. But I definitely do not get abandoning the team because of the conference they are in.

I am in complete agreement with you. All of those reasons listed are time competing factors in my life right now, plus many more not listed.
This is the double edge sword because I love good football and an excited, electric crowd.
And I am in full support of all things UConn and Huskies.
But our home schedule this year just doesn't seem to have the potential.
I never held season tickets but usually made my way to 3-4 games a year and even traveled (ND & MI).
But the conference schedules the past few years in the AAC have been real stinkers.
Maybe I am getting old (40), busy with wife and kids, job, etc.
NAH!
I'm just losing interest in watching UConn play scrub teams.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, last season was very difficult - as were the prior three seasons with the exception of TJ coaching the team up for the last few games.

This said, every season is a new one and unrelated to the last season's record. I am not sold on Coach D but neither do I know he isn't the answer for sure. He needs two more years - with some progress winning games this year to make a valid judgement.

Reaction Score
Go to the games or kiss the b1g goodbye. If you think you like Uconn basketball but you don't support football especially right now.. Then you don't like basketball enough. Buy tickets and give games you can't go to to people who can. It's like 150 bucks. And if you're thinking about it in the first place or used to go every year you can afford it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom