Rutgers at it again | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Rutgers at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LOL at Rutgers out Rutgersing itself yet again. I love Julie. I hope she and Flood stay in place for the next decade. I love how some of their fans actually believe that they are oh so close to hitting the big time in various sports despite nothing ever happening to corroborate this line of thinking.

History has shown us time and again that they will **** the bed whenever the opportunity to go to the next level presents itself. Saturday was their best opportunity to beat PSU for the foreseeable future. PSU lacked depth at key positions and started an offensive line w/4 new starters. Their fans had been dreaming about a day like last Saturday for a LONG time. Finally they would have an opportunity to humble evil PSU in front of their legion of fans, all with a number of great NJ Recruits on hand. The game being in prime time on national television was icing on the cake.

Instead PSU got 5 picks on Nova, won the game in dramatic come from behind fashion, and secured a commitment from a 4 * NJ Prospect who had stood on their sideline for the game the very next day. Despite the nonsense that their fans extol, the gap between the two schools is not getting any smaller. If recruiting rankings are to be believed, when PSU returns to Piscataway in 2016 that gap will be wider than The Raritan.

They can make all the hateful and disgusting posters they wish. They can display them in full view of children(including their own), and they can do whatever petty thing they wish to make them feel better about themselves. Truth is they are in The B1G for 1 reason and 1 reason only. Congrats in having the foresight to found a college w/in spitting distance of NYC. It has gotten you far more than you have earned.
Whi all the excuses for PSU's RU level team? Wow have u become "cultish" overnight? Ur RU views have changed dramaticalli since the game!?! Read ur own past posts Re RU over the monthes...ADD? Or just drunk? Or maibe it makes u feel secure obsessing on a UConn board about a team u've touted as a PSU and Gopher fan!! PSU has gone as far as thei ever will...get used to the jokes...everiwhere u go...and WTF do u care what RU does? PSU pushed for them since the beginning. I musta hit a nerve lol...oungstown St.

Reaction Score
LOL at Rutgers out Rutgersing itself yet again. I love Julie. I hope she and Flood stay in place for the next decade. I love how some of their fans actually believe that they are oh so close to hitting the big time in various sports despite nothing ever happening to corroborate this line of thinking.

History has shown us time and again that they will **** the bed whenever the opportunity to go to the next level presents itself. Saturday was their best opportunity to beat PSU for the foreseeable future. PSU lacked depth at key positions and started an offensive line w/4 new starters. Their fans had been dreaming about a day like last Saturday for a LONG time. Finally they would have an opportunity to humble evil PSU in front of their legion of fans, all with a number of great NJ Recruits on hand. The game being in prime time on national television was icing on the cake.

Instead PSU got 5 picks on Nova, won the game in dramatic come from behind fashion, and secured a commitment from a 4 * NJ Prospect who had stood on their sideline for the game the very next day. Despite the nonsense that their fans extol, the gap between the two schools is not getting any smaller. If recruiting rankings are to be believed, when PSU returns to Piscataway in 2016 that gap will be wider than The Raritan.

They can make all the hateful and disgusting posters they wish. They can display them in full view of children(including their own), and they can do whatever petty thing they wish to make them feel better about themselves. Truth is they are in The B1G for 1 reason and 1 reason only. Congrats in having the foresight to found a college w/in spitting distance of NYC. It has gotten you far more than you have earned.
Earned? What does earned have to do with CR? I thought it was about relationships and market places? And what do u mean "I earned?"..Im not RU...just a fan...getting a tad personal arent we? Ani statues for sale?

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Ldandy, post: 1069421, member: 4584. LOL at Rutgers out Rutgersing itself yet again. I love Julie. I hope she and Flood stay in place for the next decade. I love how some of their fans actually believe that they are oh so close to hitting the big time in various sports despite nothing ever happening to corroborate this line of thinking.

They can make all the hateful and disgusting posters they wish. They can display them in full view of children(including their own), and they can do whatever petty thing they wish to make them feel better about themselves. Truth is they are in The B1G for 1 reason and 1 reason only. Congrats in having the foresight to found a college w/in spitting distance of NYC. It has gotten you far more than you have earned.[/QUOTE]

Methinks you just are angry about Rutgers

Reaction Score
Whi all the excuses for PSU's RU level team? Wow have u become "cultish" overnight? Ur RU views have changed dramaticalli since the game!?! Read ur own past posts Re RU over the monthes...ADD? Or just drunk? Or maibe it makes u feel secure obsessing on a UConn board about a team u've touted as a PSU and Gopher fan!! PSU has gone as far as thei ever will...get used to the jokes...everiwhere u go...and WTF do u care what RU does? PSU pushed for them since the beginning. I musta hit a nerve lol...oungstown St.

LOL Is this a language only spoken in The State of Rutgers? I honestly have no idea what you are actually trying to say. Despite that I'll try to answer what I think your questions might be.

1)I'm not sure how pointing out facts about my team such as it being short scholarships(it is) and starting 4 freshman and sophmores on the OL(they are) is making an excuse. Especially when we won.

2)My views on RU's Football Team have not changed at all. I thought your team played hard and earned respect. My issue is with a percentage of your fan base that thinks creating a rivalry between schools is accomplished by spewing hate. Rivalries are developed over time on the field. Great wins and heartbreaking losses fuel them. Maybe Rutgers has never had a real rivalry? I don't pretend to know the history of your team. However our series is 24-2, and for PSU Fans at this point in time it is not a rivalry.

Do you feel that it is acceptable for your fans to have signs and t-shirts professionally produced depicting child sexual abuse as comedy? Sorry but this topic is not funny even a little bit. Does this not register w/you and others? Having to explain to a child what a sign like the one I posted above actually represents, at a freaking football tailgate, is beyond ridiculous. If I see PSU Fans with professionally produced signs featuring Ray Rice's Wife getting knocked out with the tag line Knock Rutgers' Block Off. I will tell them what they can do with their sign in no uncertain terms.

3) I don't obsess about Rutgers. Does anyone? I come to this board because I like UCONN as a potential member of my team's conference. If in that visit I see garbage spewed by fans from Rutgers or any team, I will respectfully respond. I'm not sure where you get the stuff about The Gophers. I am a PSU Alum/Fan and have never presented myself as otherwise. I neither like or dislike UM. I respect the hell out of their hockey, wrestling and volleyball teams though.

4)LOL PSU has not gone as far as we will go in football. Our ascent is just beginning. Need proof? We are 4-0 coming off the worst sanctions since SMU. We have an entire staff of coaches from PA, NJ, New England and MD/VA who LOVE to recruit and are damn good at it. We have every advantage possible to sell. Time to wake up. The dream of Rutgers becoming a dominant recruiting force is over. The real giant is awake, and it is taking back what is his. If I were you I would be less concerned with throwing stones at PSU, and more concerned about the state of the ENTIRE Rutgers Athletic Dept. Bad teams in all sports, not just football, will be exposed quickly in your new home.

5)Get used to the jokes everywhere I go? Well I've been everywhere except Minnesota, and I have NEVER seen behavior like I saw depicted at RU. In fact I've been treated with class everywhere I've visited. As a Rutgers Fan you are most likely used to being the butt of jokes so I'll defer to your experience. As for PSU pushing for RU? I don't doubt that for a second. The school has made no secret of wanting more eastern schools included to balance out the conference. I hope there are more. (UCONN/VPI)

That said I hate when I read posters(not yourself) lecturing UCONN Fans on how their football team needs to get better to be included in a P5 Conference. Seriously? What did RU Football do exactly to earn its way into a P5 Conference? If anything UCONN has accomplished just as much in football w/o taking into account what they have done in basketball. The * is not merit based. Rutgers is in The B1G because of proximity to NYC, state population figures, and having a similar university profile. That's it. If Rutgers was located in Delaware or New Hampshire or ... CT and had the exact same academics and athletic history, you would be thrilled to be included in The AAC. Rutgers won the lottery, and good for the school and it's teams, but it is grating seeing fans like Jay(I think) rubbing UCONN Fans' noses in it.

All kidding aside, Lets everyone drop the internet tough guy routines and just talk sports. I have no problem with 90% of fans of any team, including yourself. I detest the 10% that would make signs like I posted, and those who think they are somehow acceptable in the parking lots of what should be a family event. I hope a rivalry develops between our schools, and would love to play a series with UCONN in football and basketball home and away. Good luck, I think you guys will have a good shot at beating Michigan in a few weeks.

Reaction Score
LOL Is this a language only spoken in The State of Rutgers? I honestly have no idea what you are actually trying to say. Despite that I'll try to answer what I think your questions might be.

1)I'm not sure how pointing out facts about my team such as it being short scholarships(it is) and starting 4 freshman and sophmores on the OL(they are) is making an excuse. Especially when we won.

2)My views on RU's Football Team have not changed at all. I thought your team played hard and earned respect. My issue is with a percentage of your fan base that thinks creating a rivalry between schools is accomplished by spewing hate. Rivalries are developed over time on the field. Great wins and heartbreaking losses fuel them. Maybe Rutgers has never had a real rivalry? I don't pretend to know the history of your team. However our series is 24-2, and for PSU Fans at this point in time it is not a rivalry.

Do you feel that it is acceptable for your fans to have signs and t-shirts professionally produced depicting child s e xual abuse as comedy? Sorry but this topic is not funny even a little bit. Does this not register w/you and others? Having to explain to a child what a sign like the one I posted above actually represents, at a freaking football tailgate, is beyond ridiculous. If I see PSU Fans with professionally produced signs featuring Ray Rice's Wife getting knocked out with the tag line Knock Rutgers' Block Off. I will tell them what they can do with their sign in no uncertain terms.

3) I don't obsess about Rutgers. Does anyone? I come to this board because I like UCONN as a potential member of my team's conference. If in that visit I see garbage spewed by fans from Rutgers or any team, I will respectfully respond. I'm not sure where you get the stuff about The Gophers. I am a PSU Alum/Fan and have never presented myself as otherwise. I neither like or dislike UM. I respect the hell out of their hockey, wrestling and volleyball teams though.

4)LOL PSU has not gone as far as we will go in football. Our ascent is just beginning. Need proof? We are 4-0 coming off the worst sanctions since SMU. We have an entire staff of coaches from PA, NJ, New England and MD/VA who LOVE to recruit and are damn good at it. We have every advantage possible to sell. Time to wake up. The dream of Rutgers becoming a dominant recruiting force is over. The real giant is awake, and it is taking back what is his. If I were you I would be less concerned with throwing stones at PSU, and more concerned about the state of the ENTIRE Rutgers Athletic Dept. Bad teams in all sports, not just football, will be exposed quickly in your new home.

5)Get used to the jokes everywhere I go? Well I've been everywhere except Minnesota, and I have NEVER seen behavior like I saw depicted at RU. In fact I've been treated with class everywhere I've visited. As a Rutgers Fan you are most likely used to being the butt of jokes so I'll defer to your experience. As for PSU pushing for RU? I don't doubt that for a second. The school has made no secret of wanting more eastern schools included to balance out the conference. I hope there are more. (UCONN/VPI)

That said I hate when I read posters(not yourself) lecturing UCONN Fans on how their football team needs to get better to be included in a P5 Conference. Seriously? What did RU Football do exactly to earn its way into a P5 Conference? If anything UCONN has accomplished just as much in football w/o taking into account what they have done in basketball. The * is not merit based. Rutgers is in The B1G because of proximity to NYC, state population figures, and having a similar university profile. That's it. If Rutgers was located in Delaware or New Hampshire or ... CT and had the exact same academics and athletic history, you would be thrilled to be included in The AAC. Rutgers won the lottery, and good for the school and it's teams, but it is grating seeing fans like Jay(I think) rubbing UCONN Fans' noses in it.

All kidding aside, Lets everyone drop the internet tough guy routines and just talk sports. I have no problem with 90% of fans of any team, including yourself. I detest the 10% that would make signs like I posted, and those who think they are somehow acceptable in the parking lots of what should be a family event. I hope a rivalry develops between our schools, and would love to play a series with UCONN in football and basketball home and away. Good luck, I think you guys will have a good shot at beating Michigan in a few weeks.
Agree with ur last paragraph...nothing worse than bickering on a sports blog with likeminded individuals or friends over conduct none of us was involved in or agree with. Peace and Go B1G.

Reaction Score
Agree with ur last paragraph...nothing worse than bickering on a sports blog with likeminded individuals or friends over conduct none of us was involved in or agree with. Peace and Go B1G.
And Go Huskies..what happened to the edit option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom