Rutgers at it again | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rutgers at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
I personally don't mind off-color jokes. I don't think Penn State should either.

Reaction Score
This is the most non-story to ever tried to be made into a story. And that's saying a lot for Rutgers.

A joke made a year ago is now all of a sudden a huge earth shattering deal.

Well, people want her fired and I know who wants her fired and while it'll work out great for us who the new AD will be I'm not a fan of the sacrificial lamb thing going on here.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This is the most non-story to ever tried to be made into a story. And that's saying a lot for Rutgers.

Ever get tired of trying to explain away gross incompetence?

If you did, perhaps your school would stop swallowing its nuts on and off the field every time they get the chance.

Reaction Score
Oh my god, she told a joke........in private.............a year ago............

No one in the UCONN administration has ever made jokes. EVER.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Oh my god, she told a joke...in private...a year ago..

No one in the UCONN administration has ever made jokes. EVER.

In your zeal for mindlessly defending her or just out of pure simple-mindedness, you're missing the story.

She told an off-color joke about child abuse in a staff meeting.

That's bad enough, but all right.

The story is that a half-dozen Rutgers' athletic department employees had no problem telling the media about it.

That doesn't happen at UConn or Syracuse or Boston College or Pittsburgh or Penn State or Notre Dame or (insert every other university here)...that's called mutiny.

"I know there were two or three of us that looked at each other, and I said, ‘You gotta be kidding going down that road.."

They don't respect her. But you think it's about an off-color joke.

Reaction Score

A joke made a year ago is now all of a sudden a huge earth shattering deal.

Well, people want her fired and I know who wants her fired and while it'll work out great for us who the new AD will be I'm not a fan of the sacrificial lamb thing going on here.

I already hinted to that dude, keep up you're slacking.

Reaction Score
I personally don't mind off-color jokes. I don't think Penn State should either.

Ahhh ... the difference is you are not in a position of authority nor a major representative of a University. YOU need to be ultra-squeaky clean in your presentation ALL times when you are in that role. And, I think most all the people that fulfill those responsibilities understand that. This chick Hermann continuously shows that she hasn't a clue how thin the strand of string that keeps her in that job. Governor Christie COULD be the one to target her soon.

Reaction Score
In your zeal for mindlessly defending her or just out of pure simple-mindedness, you're missing the story.

She told an off-color joke about child abuse in a staff meeting.

That's bad enough, but all right.

The story is that a half-dozen Rutgers' athletic department employees had no problem telling the media about it.

That doesn't happen at UConn or Syracuse or Boston College or Pittsburgh or Penn State or Notre Dame or (insert every other university here)...that's called mutiny.

"I know there were two or three of us that looked at each other, and I said, ‘You gotta be kidding going down that road.."

They don't respect her. But you think it's about an off-color joke.
Maybe Penn St isn't exactly what you were going for when giving examples of university employees keeping things hushed and in-house?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Maybe Penn St isn't exactly what you were going for when giving examples of university employees keeping things hushed and in-house?

It's not often that I'm dazzled by stupidity.

Well done.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Julie Hermann would have been fine making that joke at an auto body shop in Perth Amboy. Our friend Jay will disagree, but I would think that being the leader of RU's athletic department should carry slightly higher standards of collegiality (with conference partners), general common sense, and, oh I don't know, decency. Anyway, the timing of this leak is more telling than anything else.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I am primarily offended by what passes as a joke in New Brunswick. No originality at all.

Reaction Score
It's really remarkable how, rather than demanding competence, Rutgers fans continue to blindly defend the morons employed by their athletic department ... especially when the most recent AD was hired more for PR than for ability. It's probably not a coincidence that such incompetence spills over to the field on an annual basis.

Instead of spewing a drivel on a UConn message board, you'd be better off demanding that your state stops paying six- and seven-figure salaries to these buffoons.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
"In private" is a staff meeting full of state employees. OK.

The most surprising aspect of the story is Tom Luicci now working as a shill for dear Old Rutgers. That must have gone over well in Rutgers Rivals land.

Reaction Score
Act as if you are always on stage...

Words she may want to live by.

Reaction Score
LOL at Rutgers out Rutgersing itself yet again. I love Julie. I hope she and Flood stay in place for the next decade. I love how some of their fans actually believe that they are oh so close to hitting the big time in various sports despite nothing ever happening to corroborate this line of thinking.

History has shown us time and again that they will **** the bed whenever the opportunity to go to the next level presents itself. Saturday was their best opportunity to beat PSU for the foreseeable future. PSU lacked depth at key positions and started an offensive line w/4 new starters. Their fans had been dreaming about a day like last Saturday for a LONG time. Finally they would have an opportunity to humble evil PSU in front of their legion of fans, all with a number of great NJ Recruits on hand. The game being in prime time on national television was icing on the cake.

Instead PSU got 5 picks on Nova, won the game in dramatic come from behind fashion, and secured a commitment from a 4 * NJ Prospect who had stood on their sideline for the game the very next day. Despite the nonsense that their fans extol, the gap between the two schools is not getting any smaller. If recruiting rankings are to be believed, when PSU returns to Piscataway in 2016 that gap will be wider than The Raritan.

They can make all the hateful and disgusting posters they wish. They can display them in full view of children(including their own), and they can do whatever petty thing they wish to make them feel better about themselves. Truth is they are in The B1G for 1 reason and 1 reason only. Congrats in having the foresight to found a college w/in spitting distance of NYC. It has gotten you far more than you have earned.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
"In private" is a staff meeting full of state employees. OK.

I've noticed that they'd rather not address that particular aspect of things.

Reaction Score
Hey there. ;)

That your AD had to personally apologize to State Penn...takes the cake.
No it dont....Swoffi selling the ACC's TV rights to Raicom to his brother in law for a lifeline did making a real ACCN near impossible....but like CHEATING at UNC .....now THAT takes the cake...hmmm whi isnt Espin obsessing on REAL SCANDALS? lol...whattajoke...stop reading the NSL and get a clue and quit jamming ur ACC propaganda down our throats like espin dont alreadi do it. Talk about a non stori ?? JH gets out ahead of the haters!?! WTF else could she do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom