Rutgers at it again | The Boneyard

Rutgers at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Enough. I regret this, but the drunks I've seen at the Rent probably would have matched it. Take the energy and convince two friends to try the Rent or Yankee Stadium or brave the half inch of snow for Izod or Gampel or XL games

Reaction Score
Ahh Espin is obsessed with RU and it happens everiwhere!! Just another microcosmn on the greater culture. Get over it espin and get back to ACC bolstering.
I'm all for ESPN bashing, and there is a list of things to legitimately bash them for, but how are they "obsessing" over RU when it was RU's AD in front of the media apolgizing for behaviors at the game. And I know stupid happens at pretty much every stadium, every week, but I wouldn't chalk this up to ESPN's targetting a school or conference.

Reaction Score
If we were being honest, I think we'd admit there might be adults versus kids at the rent displayying equal if not worse signs and attire iof PSU were to come to the rent. The only thing I find insulting is when a classless and clueless AD is the voice of the program.

Reaction Score
Yea, Rutgers being Rutgers again - really old news. However, they did draw a sellout crowd to their first B1G game. Being in the B1G and playing PSU caused a sellout. If we were in the B1G, we would do the same at the Rent, perhaps without the aberrant behavior.

Reaction Score
Ahh Espin is obsessed with RU and it happens everiwhere!! Just another microcosmn on the greater culture. Get over it espin and get back to ACC bolstering.
How about you saying that it was classless and tasteless by those fans? Or that if you saw it, you would have told them it was inappropriate? Or was that you with kid in one of the pictures? Those that do not condemn most likely condone. Mindless statements about it being a "microcosm" suggest indifference at best and acceptance at worst.

When I have seen inappropriate stuff at games, from drunken fans cursing in front of kids to throwing stuff from the stands/tailgates, I get in front of that person and call them out. Now maybe because I am large and maturer man (in my 50's, about 6' and slightly over 250), not once have they not stopped or just left the general area. When one person stands up, they generally find a lot of support behind them. Somethings are never okay just because it happens everywhere.

Be a man next time Nicky and condemn those that behave inappropriately. Unless you think it was great.

Reaction Score
Enough. I regret this, but the drunks I've seen at the Rent probably would have matched it. Take the energy and convince two friends to try the Rent or Yankee Stadium or brave the half inch of snow for Izod or Gampel or XL games

And then there's the Cameron Crazies. But I understand they get a free pass because they are just trying to be epigrammatic.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Everyone has off the wall fans, but what Rutgers is in fact apologizing for is putting pictures of those fans and the signs on the school's Facebok page.

Basically, they took a routine situation and Rutgers'd it.

Reaction Score
Now what would college sports be like without good ol' Ruddy? I mean come on...who else is going to provide the frequent head-scratching executive decisions, the boneheaded fan behavior and not missing opportunities to muck up apparent advantages? ;)

Reaction Score
In what way shape or form is this any different than any other place? ESPN is just looking for a story. A really dumb one.

Reaction Score
I'm all for ESPN bashing, and there is a list of things to legitimately bash them for, but how are they "obsessing" over RU when it was RU's AD in front of the media apolgizing for behaviors at the game. And I know stupid happens at pretty much every stadium, every week, but I wouldn't chalk this up to ESPN's targetting a school or conference.
Seem's to me with all the BS like cheating etc going on in the ACC and SEC the never miss a thing at NJSU??? Onli RU has nitwits? We know better than that....even PSU is right back in business after a real scandal but point out a few meatheads at RU for front page news!!! I'm getting numb to this obvious sour grape vendetta bi so called ESpin "New's"? What else could JH realli do but get out in front of it....heck we all know with Barchi there RU can't stop tripping over their own feet but what does Espin think the can do now? Get over it and quit acting like their a news outfit instead of a self serving entertainment megalith full of talking DoDo's "heads" protecting their own interests bi knocking competitors who are succeeding "BTN" !?!

Reaction Score
Are u serious? Rutti is just fine !! Covering that nonsense is whats realli nonsense!!! WGAS?

Reaction Score
Agreed...but that would take work which is asking too much of the Spin. Take the pic and just pile on is more there stile.

Reaction Score
How about you saying that it was classless and tasteless by those fans? Or that if you saw it, you would have told them it was inappropriate? Or was that you with kid in one of the pictures? Those that do not condemn most likely condone. Mindless statements about it being a "microcosm" suggest indifference at best and acceptance at worst.

When I have seen inappropriate stuff at games, from drunken fans cursing in front of kids to throwing stuff from the stands/tailgates, I get in front of that person and call them out. Now maybe because I am large and maturer man (in my 50's, about 6' and slightly over 250), not once have they not stopped or just left the general area. When one person stands up, they generally find a lot of support behind them. Somethings are never okay just because it happens everywhere.

Be a man next time Nicky and condemn those that behave inappropriately. Unless you think it was great.
But ur stating the obvious?? We all know that...nitwits are everiwhere!?! Where did I sai it was appropriate? Bi spreading it as front page news Espin helped spread the trash not report "News". BTW I'm sixti-two, five ten and one nineti five and would never condone stupiditi but neither would i encourage bad news bi clicking on anithing that common encouraging more of the same "News"!!

Reaction Score
In what way shape or form is this any different than any other place? ESPN is just looking for a story. A really dumb one.

It was different because it was not a simple case of drunk fans making inappropriate comments. We are talking about adults spending money to have professional signage made that depicted child sexual abuse. It was displayed in full view of everyone including children. That is incredibly sick. I have been to OSU post 2011 and have never seen anything even remotely as disturbing as this. Rutgers fans hate PSU for many reasons, least of which has to do with Sandusky IMO. Saturday was like The Superbowl, World Series, and National Championship Game all rolled into one for them. For us it was meh. See you next year 107 Strong.

10659149_10100334371723539_4275021776217589954_n.jpg

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
It was different because it was not a simple case of drunk fans making inappropriate comments. We are talking about adults spending money to have professional signage made that depicted child s e xual abuse. It was displayed in full view of everyone including children. That is incredibly sick. I have been to OSU post 2011 and have never seen anything even remotely as disturbing as this. Rutgers fans hate PSU for many reasons, least of which has to do with Sandusky IMO. Saturday was like The Superbowl, World Series, and National Championship Game all rolled into one for them. For us it was meh. See you next year 107 Strong.
That is sick.

Reaction Score
It was different because it was not a simple case of drunk fans making inappropriate comments. We are talking about adults spending money to have professional signage made that depicted child s e xual abuse. It was displayed in full view of everyone including children. That is incredibly sick. I have been to OSU post 2011 and have never seen anything even remotely as disturbing as this. Rutgers fans hate PSU for many reasons, least of which has to do with Sandusky IMO. Saturday was like The Superbowl, World Series, and National Championship Game all rolled into one for them. For us it was meh. See you next year 107 Strong.

10659149_10100334371723539_4275021776217589954_n.jpg
Meh? Ur talking PSU....not some modern CFB power? PSU is like RU middle of the pack B1G not OSU or even Mich St,Neb. U gui's are a delusional cult.

Reaction Score

You're right about PSU fans and this just being another Saturday. PSU fans have been loyal for 40+ years and are a very passionate fanbase who will fill up Lincoln Financial Field to watch them play Temple. I can understand why Rutgers and UMCP are going to have sellouts when PSU comes to town. Being in a new conference is creating a buzz and it has to be exciting to them to have a big state school rival that isn't named Temple, Duke or Wake Forest. If I were a Rutgers, UMCP or UConn fan, I'd be chomping at the bit to see PSU v my school (probably without the grotesque banners though).

Reaction Score
Meh? Ur talking PSU....not some modern CFB power? PSU is like RU middle of the pack B1G not OSU or even Mich St,Neb. U gui's are a delusional cult.
Um, you should probably hold off calling anyone else delusional if you're gonna pretend like Rutgers is on the same level as PSU.

Reaction Score
Just a mess on both sides. Yes, those signs were sick and totally classless. Congrats B1G on selecting Rutgers and congrats Rutgers for biting the hand that fed you the ultimate lottery ticket. Meanwhile, Penn State deserves to be continually called out, especially after being coddled by the NCAA. Just look away.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
But ur stating the obvious?? We all know that...nitwits are everiwhere!?! Where did I sai it was appropriate? Bi spreading it as front page news Espin helped spread the trash not report "News". BTW I'm sixti-two, five ten and one nineti five and would never condone stupiditi but neither would i encourage bad news bi clicking on anithing that common encouraging more of the same "News"!!

You're missing the "Rutgersian" (tm) act here - posting said idiots on their own facebook page. Well done!

BxhXUnzIUAESunp.jpg:large

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Ahh, the irony. Fans of a school whose lack of institutional control of its AD was pretty much a comedy of errors for a solid 2 year period wants to tastelessly mock another school for their respective issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom