rehashing our ACC snub | Page 4 | The Boneyard

rehashing our ACC snub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Cuse isnt a bunch of nancies, nor are we afraid of UConn. Respected rival, yes, but not afraid.

UConn is a disrespected rival, you mean. It's pure jealosy and hate from the nancies. UConn in hoops has become what Cuse always thought they could be. Even in their best year, they lost to UConn twice without ever taking a lead. And like up said, Cuse football has hit the skids since UConn went D-1. They want no part of UConn on even terms.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
While I agree with much of what you write, imagine the sour pusses on the faces of the big Louisville backers in the ACC when Paul pasqualoni beat a ranked Charlie Strong team AT Louisville in front of a half-filled stadium.

Don Brown beat L'ville. PP and GDL's offense went 3 and out (or worse) 6 times out of 7 in the 2nd half. Only 39 yards of offense, the defense was on the field for twice as many plays as the offense. His "signature" win, followed buy an embarrassing, humiliating loss. How did Warde ever bring him back?

Reaction Score
So murder is just a teeny little problem we sweep under the rug. Got it.
Look at Penn State, murder is just a blip on the radar compared to what happened under the beloved JoePa.
And the incidents at other Universities that you site in your misguided post, so what??? Why try to correct it? It's just, ya know, normal, especially in a P5 school (still trying to piece together any sense of logic there, I'm wondering if there is a rape per year minimum in a P5 school) ...those wacky kids will be kids!
Thanks for pointing out the broader perspective, I feel truly enlightened now, thanks again.
btw--do you have any kids in college?

Are you just trying to get a reaction for the sake of reaction? Or do you really believe this crap? In case it's the latter, let me make this simple for you. Stuff happens on any campus when tens of thousands of young people are together. Period. The issue is does the University try to cover up the "stuff" to protect its athletic programs, or does the University deal with the "stuff" the best it can and the athletic departments be what they may.

The reason the Jasper Howard story is unrelated to anything beyond the tragedy of a life lost too young is because it had nothing to do with UConn's athletic department. Unlike, to use your absurd example, the Penn State story.

Reaction Score
Penn, that great Ivy League School, has had 6 suicides since last summer. Cornell had a rash of students killing themselves by jumping off the bridge into the Gorge.

I know this. I suspect there is a decent sized number of other parents and Northeast educational related employees that know this. As BL stated, this is about young adults free from their home & independent.

Contrast this to your Jasper Howard anecdote. This just doesn't resonate to our AD. The greater population raises their interest into what possibly could connect these stories. I trust that you really need continuing incidents to create the impact that was suggested.

Reaction Score
Penn, that great Ivy League School, has had 6 suicides since last summer. Cornell had a rash of students killing themselves by jumping off the bridge into the Gorge.

I know this. I suspect there is a decent sized number of other parents and Northeast educational related employees that know this. As BL stated, this is about young adults free from their home & independent.

Contrast this to your Jasper Howard anecdote. This just doesn't resonate to our AD. The greater population raises their interest into what possibly could connect these stories. I trust that you really need continuing incidents to create the impact that was suggested.
I remember hearing somewhere that Ithica, NY has the highest suicide rate in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom