Providence Creighton | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Providence Creighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you are getting you college basketball knowledge from the Boneyard.... yikes. Yeah, Providence doesn't have any fans. It's a dumb a comment as someone saying Cincinnati doesn't have any fans.

No. Not dumb. Purposely jaded.

Reaction Score
He thinks winning a coin flip with Louisville make Cincy the conference champion. He has cognitive dissonance regarding game results. Thanks to our no-ban policy, every dullard has a soapbox here. Nice win tonight, BTW.

Actually, I was thinking more about going 15-3.

Reaction Score
Any mods on this board? I'm all for welcoming opposing fans that want to talk basketball, but this is high school .

Reaction Score
Just don't look at any computer rankings... makes it harder to call it a participation medal.

For example the Big East is third in the Sagarins ahead of the ACC.

And don't look at the attendance because once again the "mid major" (laughable) BE outdrew the "high major" (even more laughable) AAC for the championship game. Creighton is no joke they tore up Nova twice. And we beat Creighton 2 of 3.

Won't be long before Ed Cooley is the recruiting and coaching king of New England basketball. Good cluck to UCONN in the ACC mid major for many many years to come! And yes I do hope you win a game in football next year! If not there's always the lingerie league.

Ps sorry that lame duck Louisville b!tch slapped you around today on their AAC curtain call. Better luck against Houston and their 200 fans next year!

Reaction Score
And don't look at the attendance because once again the "mid major" (laughable) BE outdrew the "high major" (even more laughable) AAC for the championship game. Creighton is no joke they tore up Nova twice. And we beat Creighton 2 of 3.

Won't be long before Ed Cooley is the recruiting and coaching king of New England basketball. Good cluck to UCONN in the ACC mid major for many many years to come! And yes I do hope you win a game in football next year! If not there's always the lingerie league.

Ps sorry that lame duck Louisville b!tch slapped you around today on their AAC curtain call. Better luck against Houston and their 200 fans next year!
Well, it appears you're handling Providence's first tournament appearance in a decade pretty gracefully, no?

Reaction Score

I am amazed that someone can truly be this dumb.

Reaction Score
In all the time Cincy was in the BE...I don't recall Providence ever making the final 8 in the BE tourney. First year after most of the power teams leave? Just sayin'...

Reminds of Texas A&M and Mizzou being top 10 FB teams a year after joining the SEC the supposed best FB conference

Reaction Score
Well they went 5-5 vs UConn the past 4 years. And that's accounting for this year. Made the BE conference Finals more recently too. What's that make UConn?
Three time National Champions.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

A number of PC fans have been claiming this since 2007. Tell me again about how losing out on Doron Lamb, Brandon Knight, et al and needing to settle for Jeremy Lamb, Shabazz Napier and a couple of stiffs from Germany was evidence that we've fallen into a black hole and will not longer be relevant in men's hoops. Granted, it may not have been you specifically who made the above claim (actually I believe it was someone who today is likely no older than 21) but it is basically the same song that PC fans have been singing for just shy of a decade, wind up very disappointed and then start singing it again.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure I know Peeps back from when I actually went to UConn. I think I'm in the minority here but I really would like to play PC yearly.

Reaction Score

Wow you guys handled the championship well……….1994 !! Been a while huh? Guess that makes it pretty hard to know how to act……….and FriarJ followed you. MOST are congratulatory here yet you come here as a typical , unbelievable!

Reaction Score
providence had a winning record against uconn going back several years. it's irrelevant. uconn was a power team. pc and cinci were not.

He was an assistant to Al Skinner at BC

Reaction Score
Wow you guys handled the championship well……….1994 !! Been a while huh? Guess that makes it pretty hard to know how to act……….and FriarJ followed you. MOST are congratulatory here yet you come here as a typical , unbelievable!

Most have been classy; but then there is Fishy. PC could walk on water; he would claim we failed at swimming.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Most have been classy; but then there is Fishy. PC could walk on water; he would claim we failed at swimming.
Good luck arguing with a board moderator, maybe I will go post on Friar talk about PC's years of meh and see how Richard responds.

Reaction Score
Good luck arguing with a board moderator, maybe I will go post on Friar talk about PC's years of meh and see how Richard responds.

Me too except I was banned 15 years ago…….:eek:

So sean I was all set to come on congratulate some of you and I read these s replying to virtually nothing, just running their mouths (keys) so I refuse.

But to you congrats I am sure it was a thrilling weekend and now even Sunday means something again……..for both of us!! Best of luck I like that team just hate most of the fans, a lot too!!

Reaction Score
Ma,

You nailed it. Dint care for most uconn fans; but tough to hate on Ollie and Co.

Reaction Score
PC now has a trophy for their case. That's one more than Mick has in his 8 years at Cinci. Little angry fella still has an empty shelf. Not a single piece of hardware pre or post season since leaving CUSA.

Reaction Score
Funny.......if we had won our conference tournament championship last night about the last thing on my mind would have been to go to a Providence message board.

I have to believe it's a difference borne from vastly different perspectives.

Reaction Score
PC now has a trophy for their case. That's one more than Mick has in his 8 years at Cinci. Little angry fella still has an empty shelf. Not a single piece of hardware pre or post season since leaving CUSA.

Don't look now , but Cincy is the current reigning AAC Champion. All I know is, Cincy won as many BET tourney games as they lost while in the BE, and just got their 4th straight NCAA Tourney bid. And unlike PC, didn't need an auto bid to get one. And that was while rebuilding a whole new program from scratch.

And after PC's stringing together of 4-12 to 5-11 conf seasons during the period Cincy was in the BE, PC didn't win a single BET game. Face it, PC needed to play in a mid-major A10/MVC remake to become competative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom