Providence Creighton | The Boneyard

Providence Creighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Providence is playing some great basketball lately, have to give Cooley a ton of credit. They have basically been playing with 6 guys all season and they keep getting better each game. I know a lot of people here like to beat up on Providence but I like seeing them play well and having a resurgence. Sure they have some annoying fans but all fan bases do.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I am as impressed by their team as I am impressed by the idiocy of their online fans.

Cotton and Fortune to play in the NCAAs. Those two are awesome.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Providence is playing great basketball?

On which planet would that be?

They're about to beat St. John's, Seton Hall and Creighton for a conference title - that's like winning a participation medal.

Reaction Score
I look at the teams playing at MSG this week and how the thing seems like a mid-major fest, and all I can think is in a few short years the MSG lawyers are going to somehow yank the rug out from under this tournament and we'll see the c khead ACC in there instead.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Congrats to the Friars!
Creighton is a dirty team...lot's of cheap shots and shoving away from the ball...particularly Gibbs

Reaction Score

They're about to beat St. John's, Seton Hall and Creighton for a conference title - that's like winning a participation medal.

trophy-300x271.jpg

Reaction Score
So here comes a first round matchup with the Friars I guess. Hopefully they will give us as many wide open 3 pointers as they gave Creighton. Hopefully we won't shoot like Creighton.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just don't look at any computer rankings... makes it harder to call it a participation medal.

For example the Big East is third in the Sagarins ahead of the ACC.

Reaction Score

Creighton is ranked 14th in the country. St. John's is a solid club. They're a very limited team, but Cooley has done an excellent job with them.

Reaction Score

Did you watch any of their games or your just being your typical snarky d i c k ish self. On what planet is Creighton not a really good win. McDermott is the best player in the country and they have the makeup of a team that could make an NCAA run.

Reaction Score
So here comes a first round matchup with the Friars I guess. Hopefully they will give us as many wide open 3 pointers as they gave Creighton. Hopefully we won't shoot like Creighton.

Yup, and Cuse in round 2.

Cuse a 3 seed, UCONN a 6 seed, Providence 11 seed. Providence should be higher than an 11 seed and we should be higher than 6, but I could see the committee sticking us with these seeds so they could get the matchups they want.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
good win for the Friars, Cooley is a good dude.

Reaction Score
Add me to the group of people happy for PC. Their players seem likeable and I think Cooley has done a great job. I was impressed with him at Fairfield, my local school, and continue to be impressed with reversing the course of Keno's dumpster fire. Plus, good guards make for good tournaments and it is nice to have a player like Bryce Cotton in the mix.

They will likely lose in the 1st round or round 2 but this is a very positive step for him. They have a lot of douchey fans but so do we, as anyone who has ever entered the chat can attest to.

The one thing that bothers me is that the tournament is still called the Big East Tournament and media like ESPN isn't even addressing the needed asterisk in their headlines. "Providence wins first BET since 1994"

Reaction Score
Add me to the group of people happy for PC. Their players seem likeable and I think Cooley has done a great job. I was impressed with him at Fairfield, my local school, and continue to be impressed with reversing the course of Keno's dumpster fire. Plus, good guards make for good tournaments and it is nice to have a player like Bryce Cotton in the mix.

They will likely lose in the 1st round or round 2 but this is a very positive step for him. They have a lot of douchey fans but so do we, as anyone who has ever entered the chat can attest to.

The one thing that bothers me is that the tournament is still called the Big East Tournament and media like ESPN isn't even addressing the needed asterisk in their headlines. "Providence wins first BET since 1994"
They have to change the whole Big East records thing. They got to keep their name but they need to start from scratch with the whole record book thing, it's a joke trying to lump these championships with the ones from the past.

Reaction Score
Cooley's dream of winning the BET is finally here!!!!.....well actually that's the second dream that came true......the first dream was wishing Cuse, Pitt, WVU, Cincy, UCONN, and Ville to clear the path......

Reaction Score
In all the time Cincy was in the BE...I don't recall Providence ever making the final 8 in the BE tourney. First year after most of the power teams leave? Just sayin'...

Reaction Score
in all the time cincy was in the BE... they weren't a power team.

Reaction Score
Well they went 5-5 vs UConn the past 4 years. And that's accounting for this year. Made the BE conference Finals more recently too. What's that make UConn?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What was Cooley talking about when he said to Erin Andrews, "last time we won was with Al Skinner"? Skinner never coached at Providence. Did he mean last time he won he was coaching with Skinner? Did I mishear him?

In any event. Nice win by PC. The Big East was a good league, and they won the conference championship.

Reaction Score
providence had a winning record against uconn going back several years. it's irrelevant. uconn was a power team. pc and cinci were not.

Reaction Score
Just don't look at any computer rankings... makes it harder to call it a participation medal.

For example the Big East is third in the Sagarins ahead of the ACC.

I keep looking at the schedules and all I can come up with is Nova beat Kansas and some others beat Nova. That is the hot air floating the BE bubble?

Reaction Score
UConns reign as a power team ended 4 a seasons ago. Ancient history. Since then. Cincy's made the BE Finals, been to a S16, made the tourney last year, and won the title this year. What's UConn done again? A new sheriff's in town boys. Start getting used to looking up at us to get a view. We'll throw you a few bones now and then.
i am not even a uconn fan... at all. this entire statement is asinine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom