Poll - Which Conference Do You Favor for UConn? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Poll - Which Conference Do You Favor for UConn?

Which conference do you favor the most for UConn to join?

• Big 12

Votes: 42 11.7%
  • SEC

Votes: 17 4.7%
  • Big 10

Votes: 142 39.6%
  • ACC

Votes: 93 25.9%
  • Big East

Votes: 60 16.7%
  • Other (name it below)

Votes: 5 1.4%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I’ve read this online…not sure if it’s true.. for teams to get to West Virginia they have to take a plane ride to Pittsburgh…then a 70 mile bus ride to Morgantown… that’s crazy if true

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I’ve read this online…not sure if it’s true.. for teams to get to West Virginia they have to take a plane ride to Pittsburgh…then a 70 mile bus ride to Morgantown… that’s crazy if true
Yeah, I have no sympathy for that at all. Playing D2 football in the UP of Michigan, we would leave at noon on Thursday, stay overnight in Mid Michigan (Saginaw) and drive the rest of the way to Ashland Ohio on Friday. That a total of 11 hours on a bus and almost 600 miles. We would play at 2:30 Saturday, eat dinner at a restaurant and head straight home. We had 1 stop in St Ignace just north of the Mackinac Bridge. We would get to Marquette about 7:00 AM.

A good friend of mine played at Michigan Tech and that added close to 2 hours both ways on a bus.

sun

Reaction Score
That's true for football teams but not necessarily for other smaller sports teams.
Morgantown has a municipal airport that's currently extending its runway from 5199 to 6200 feet.
The airport is served by Southern Airways Express that has/had been using 34 passenger twin turboprop planes.
Once the runway extension is completed, the airport could theoretically be able to allow jets in the 37-50 passenger class such as the Embraer ERJ series of passenger jets.
But who knows if they will actually be allowed.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr
Top Bottom