Poll - Which Conference Do You Favor for UConn? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Poll - Which Conference Do You Favor for UConn?

Which conference do you favor the most for UConn to join?

• Big 12

Votes: 42 11.7%
  • SEC

Votes: 17 4.7%
  • Big 10

Votes: 142 39.6%
  • ACC

Votes: 93 25.9%
  • Big East

Votes: 60 16.7%
  • Other (name it below)

Votes: 5 1.4%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Actually the more things change the more they remain the same. Do you really think that a team joining a new conference will make a significtant difference in their already established program. Teams that compete on a regular basis for the national championship will continue to do so only in a different conference. The only difference is going to be that in the long run they are actually going to lose money. With the travel costs in sports other than football and basketball this so call "windfall" will soon dissapate. And whether you believe it or not the truth is no matter how much you love something after you've had your fill of it you begin to get a little bored and we are quickly reaching that point with televised sports. We've all grown up with rivalries and as those disappear so does our attachment to the sport.

Reaction Score
The BIG EAST. Why mess around with a good thing like Uconn has in the BE. Uconn is No.1 in my book and doesn't need a new conference to enhance Uconn's fantastic records of achievements, that will not be overtaken by any other team. Uconn has beaten the best of the besr consistantly and their 11 NCs will never be surpassed except by them! Stay in the BE and enjoy the less traveling the team does and the convenience of knowing your opponents. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
The BIG EAST. Why mess around with a good thing like Uconn has in the BE. Uconn is No.1 in my book and doesn't need a new conference to enhance Uconn's fantastic records of achievements, that will not be overtaken by any other team. Uconn has beaten the best of the besr consistantly and their 11 NCs will never be surpassed except by them! Stay in the BE and enjoy the less traveling the team does and the convenience of knowing your opponents. GO HUSKIES!!!
Less traveling? That was true in the old Big East but not anymore. You do know Creighton is in the state of Kansas, DePaul is in Chicago, and Xavier is in Ohio, and if the merger with Gonzaga and St Mary’s takes place, I guess they’ll call it the Coast League (both of them). Lol

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
You are one hundred percent right. People too often look on the other side of their yard for better pastures when what they have is exactly what they need. Unless I'm mistaken every member of the so-called Power 5 conference watched the Huskies win the National Championship.

Reaction Score
These aren't selfish. UCONN is never going to be in the SEC and that conference, along with The B1G are the two gargantuans and will be the only two left standing when the dust settles. They're going to poach the ACC. The Big 12 will survive, but will be the little sister to the two others with the rejects the ACC doesn't want and some of the Pac 12 schools.
UCBART-thank you. After Clemson and Flordia leave the ACC they will be, fundamentally, what they started out as, a basketball conference. And the "Big 12" without Texas and Oklahoma is more like Snow White and no Dwarfs.
The Big East can survive as a basketball conference as long as they don't attempt to over-extend themselves but fantasizing that they can keep up with the big dogs in the Big 10 and the SEC is suicide. Once Clemson and Flordia State leave they will become the "Big East" of the South.

Reaction Score
I’d love for the B1G to come to some contractual alliance with the BE. The geography over laps and if BY was any where correct with his vision basketball being undervalued could result in a nice bump for the BE teams and totally lock up NY/NE. Another 13 years of ACC membership and Cuse & BC will be on a par with Buffalo & UMass for fan interest.
And CT could phase in football starting with a scheduling agreement.

Reactions: pj

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I’d love for the B1G to come to some contractual alliance with the BE. The geography over laps and if BY was any where correct with his vision basketball being undervalued could result in a nice bump for the BE teams and totally lock up NY/NE. Another 13 years of ACC membership and Cuse & BC will be on a par with Buffalo & UMass for fan interest.
And CT could phase in football starting with a scheduling agreement.
As a Michigan fan, I would love it if there were some sort of Big10 - Big East alliance.

Reaction Score
If I could pick one conference and drop UConn into it for all sports, it'd be the B1G at this point. They're stable, and the majority of their schools are within a thousand miles of Connecticut. But I don't actually think any existing power conference will invite UConn to join, ever. It's always gonna be somebody else on the invite list, plus they're consolidating now anyway. We'd have to be part of something totally new and different, and I don't think that happens anytime soon, which means I likely won't be around to enjoy it for very long.

Reaction Score
Since geography no longer matters, I vote for the SEC.

If I were them, I would (over the next week, decade, 2031-36, etc.) go to 24 by adding FSU, Clemson, Miami, UNC, Duke, VA, Kansas and UConn.

The football is already tops, and pulling in FSU, Clemson and Miami completely locks down their position as the best FB conference for the remainder of the century. But the basketball - that would be bonkers - Kentucky, UNC, Uconn, Duke and Kansas in the same conference.

Also, it is largely comprised of "University of [STATE]/[STATE] State University" that will get top subscriber fees for the SEC network (in multiple new regions) and provides for large, built-in subscriber bases if streaming is the way.

Reaction Score
I’m confused why the B10 and the SEC don’t add to 100% in this poll!

For me, B10 all the way

Reaction Score
I voted ACC because of their cultural fot and the geography is perfect too. MBB and WBB Basketball are vert good to. superb and I envision a true legit rivalry with Duke, not their primary one but one that has the heat that Duke and Maryland had with strong disdain for one another. Baselball is also strong, as is field hockey and soccer. I don’t know why BC would be against it because ot would add even more juice because their hockey teams play in the same conference now.

As a season ticket rider of the #IceBus I’d hate to see UConn move their hockey program from Hockey East to the B1G.

Reaction Score
Excellent article. This realignment madness can't continue. Greed will kill all of college sports if this continues. Perhaps it's time for federal legislation and/or maybe UConn is a decade ahead of the rest of college sports (especially when streaming takes hold). MSN

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With all the longterm health issues in football, maybe it becomes less of a driver. Look at NBA salaries vs NFL. Where do the best athletes go now?
I believe the BE will always be attractive to great BB players because it’s a BB crazed league and there will be far less taxing travel. That being said I personally hope we get into the Big12 for various reasons (ACC is going down). Big10 just ain’t happening.

Reaction Score
A little reminder for those who want the ACC. First, the ACC's GOR is going to prohibit any new members because no one is leaving. The GOR expires in 2036. There are several ACC teams, Clemson, FSU, Miami, VT and others who want out now. They haven't figured out how to break the GOR. The financial penalties are way to big.

If and when the ACC breaks apart, Clemson and FSU will go to the SEC. Virginia and North Carolina will be grabbed by the B 10. That lines up good for Maryland. At this point, the ACC is a dead man walking.

So you want to wait for an ACC invite. You would pass up a Big 12 bid to wait 13 years for the ACC. Good luck with that. The Big 10 will not come calling.

The days of regional conferences are dead and gone.

If the Big 12 extends an invite, we go!!
Spot on!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

For me, B10 all the way
Because some people put a realism element in their vote.

Reaction Score

For me, B10 all the way
Because people are voting on emotion and history, not logic and longevity.

Reaction Score
I voted ACC because of their cultural fot and the geography is perfect too. MBB and WBB Basketball are vert good to. superb and I envision a true legit rivalry with Duke, not their primary one but one that has the heat that Duke and Maryland had with strong disdain for one another. Baselball is also strong, as is field hockey and soccer. I don’t know why BC would be against it because ot would add even more juice because their hockey teams play in the same conference now.

As a season ticket rider of the #IceBus I’d hate to see UConn move their hockey program from Hockey East to the B1G.

I get the love of regionalism of Hockey East, but B1G Hockey is no slouch. Former Hockey East member Notre Dame belongs, traditional powers theOSU, Michigan, Michigan State are also included, & regionally Penn State is included. The other members are Minnesota & Wisconsin. All 7 teams are in a hotbed of hockey. If UConn was added, a 14 game conference schedule would ensure plenty of room to still schedule local teams (Yale, QU, Sacred Heart, Hockey East members).

Reaction Score
I get the love of regionalism of Hockey East, but B1G Hockey is no slouch. Former Hockey East member Notre Dame belongs, traditional powers theOSU, Michigan, Michigan State are also included, & regionally Penn State is included. The other members are Minnesota & Wisconsin. All 7 teams are in a hotbed of hockey. If UConn was added, a 14 game conference schedule would ensure plenty of room to still schedule local teams (Yale, QU, Sacred Heart, Hockey East members).

Admittedly the B1G is probably the best college hockey conference out there. Quinnipiac beat those teams due to superior scouting, coaching and experience, but in terms of raw talent, Michigan and Minnesota were heavily favored, Definitely no slouches, ya y means, but with the exception of the A-Teams, (Alaska and Arizona) NCAA competitions involve bussing rather than flying for most if not all matches. The connection to New England schools also means it’s easy for us to catch away matches within conference. The closest team in the B1G might be Penn State. Even if a massive road trip were scheduled between games against schools out there, UConn would be the outlier and be at a disadvantage.

Reaction Score
Less traveling? That was true in the old Big East but not anymore. You do know Creighton is in the state of Kansas, DePaul is in Chicago, and Xavier is in Ohio, and if the merger with Gonzaga and St Mary’s takes place, I guess they’ll call it the Coast League (both of them). Lol
Really? When did Creighton move?

Meanwhile, some Creighton fan is wondering where UConn is located. "Isn't it back east somewhere, in New Jersey, maybe?"

Reaction Score

Because playing Little Sisters of the Christ’s Eternal Anguish doesn’t pay the bills.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom