Poll - Which Conference Do You Favor for UConn? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Poll - Which Conference Do You Favor for UConn?

Which conference do you favor the most for UConn to join?

• Big 12

Votes: 42 11.7%
  • SEC

Votes: 17 4.7%
  • Big 10

Votes: 142 39.6%
  • ACC

Votes: 93 25.9%
  • Big East

Votes: 60 16.7%
  • Other (name it below)

Votes: 5 1.4%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Less traveling? That was true in the old Big East but not anymore. You do know Creighton is in the state of Kansas, DePaul is in Chicago, and Xavier is in Ohio, and if the merger with Gonzaga and St Mary’s takes place, I guess they’ll call it the Coast League (both of them). Lol

The fact that you got Creighton wrong and it’s not even a big deal only reinforces your point.

Creighton is in Iowa by the way.

/s

Reaction Score
The fact that you got Creighton wrong and it’s not even a big deal only reinforces your point.

/s
My point still stands, it and several other BE schools are way out in the Midwest now. It’s not like it was years ago, but thanks for the correction. I knew it was way out there.

Reaction Score

/s
Well genius, you get half credit, it is close to Iowa. Lol

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Because playing Little Sisters of the Christ’s Eternal Anguish doesn’t pay the bills.
You’re arguing with folks who don’t know we have a FB team. And many who do that want to kill it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

/s
I imagine that if you were to take someone and drop them either 50 miles east of Creighton's campus in Iowa or 50 miles west of Creighton's campus in Nebraska, then tell them to look around and say which state they are in, 95% of the people in the US would say Kansas.

Reaction Score
I imagine that if you were to take someone and drop them either 50 miles east of Creighton's campus in Iowa or 50 miles west of Creighton's campus in Nebraska, then tell them to look around and say which state they are in, 95% of the people in the US would say Kansas.

It all looks the same in that area.

Reaction Score
And if you were to drop them in Connecticut they would ask what's the fastest way to get out of here and go to New York?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
And if you were to drop them in Connecticut they would ask what's the fastest way to get out of here and go to New York?
Which is why there are few places I would consider living other than where I do (Stamford).

Reaction Score
Because playing Little Sisters of the Christ’s Eternal Anguish doesn’t pay the bills.
I don't recall playing the Little Sisters of the Christ's Eternal Anguish in the NCAA tournament (Oh, which we won, by the way), and if you don't think that teams from the "Power 5 (now 4) conferences play cupcakes then don't forget to write Santa, put your tooth under the pillow, and get up early for that Easter egg hunt.

Reaction Score
I don't recall playing the Little Sisters of the Christ's Eternal Anguish in the NCAA tournament (Oh, which we won, by the way), and if you don't think that teams from the "Power 5 (now 4) conferences play cupcakes then don't forget to write Santa, put your tooth under the pillow, and get up early for that Easter egg hunt.

You don’t get the joke.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I prefer to view it as really cool places in other states are closer to us.

Which is why there are few places I would consider living other than where I do (Stamford).
A CT Quahog (Algonquian, look it up). ;) And if not for a beautiful damsel from TX that floated by me in 1983, I would very happily be one as well, just a little further up the CT coast. CT is the best place to be if you want to experience all New England an NYC have to offer.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
A CT Quahog (Algonquian, look it up). ;) And if not for a beautiful damsel from TX that floated by me in 1983, I would very happily be one as well, just a little further up the CT coast. CT is the best place to be if you want to experience all New England an NYC have to offer.
With the exception of my ungrad years (which never kept me away for too extended a time) I lived in Stamford entirely for the first 35 years of my life, then a little more than three and a half in the middle of the state, followed by the next 24+ years (through today) back in Stamford.

I traveled extensively throughout the country for work at a couple different points in my career and prior to the internet, I found it very difficult to keep up with what was going on in the world unless I was near a very large city and (due to being quite spoiled by where I grew up) I always greatly preferred being both very close to a beach and knowing Manhattan was a short trek away.

My earlier comments were more of a joke than anything, and I fully understand (am evidence of it myself) someone preferring a place similar to where they grew up (I've worked with many midwesterners over the decades who believe the northeast is just too much).

I know it isn't for everyone and I am fully aware that many have been forced to leave due to being priced out but there are a lot of benefits to living here, I hope most appreciate it

Reaction Score

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
am I crazy (I may be repeating myself) for not super seeing the appeal of the B1G? Their basketball league is historically sub-par and it's not like most of their members are good geographical rivals. There's good money and great football, and I love UConn football, but meh?

Reaction Score
am I crazy (I may be repeating myself) for not super seeing the appeal of the B1G? Their basketball league is historically sub-par and it's not like most of their members are good geographical rivals. There's good money and great football, and I love UConn football, but meh?
It’s just and 100% about money. No league (not even ACC) matches the BBall rivalries of the BE, even though those rivalries are watered down now. On the other hand, how long will UConn be viable running those deficits and how long can you expect students to pay for them?

The Big 10 is the closest conference to a natural home that also pays top dollar. But I wouldn’t worry about it, they don’t have any interest in UConn right now. The whole realignment thing has ruined college sports.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What's more pathetic than midwesterners taking shots at Connecticut? They do it all the time, always embarrassing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom