Point Guard Duty Next Year? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Point Guard Duty Next Year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you think Geno will "throw in the fire" a freshman point guard then you know little of the history of UConn. Few point guards have started from game one. Few get significant minutes. And fewer still get more minutes than established, experienced guards. Hartley got significant minutes. Before that perhaps one more. Mark my words, the first half of the year will be a difficult learning experience for Danger on offensive and defense.
Jordy if you know the history so well then you know Saniya in the last 3 years cant cut it.You are right it will be a learning experience for Crystal because she is a freshmen.That was a hard one.Would it be better for her to learn playing next to Kia right away or watching Saniya on the floor starting.Dont tell me what I know and dont know because I have coached 2 kids on the first FF team and been following them since 1987 and played against quite a few of the mens players and beat them.So be in the know about people before making a stupid comment.Crystal Dangerfield will have the confidense of the coaches and IMO will take what they can from Chong as a sub and sometimes you just have to except that from a player.

Reaction Score
Moriah didnt start because they had Caroline Doty to start the game.Already a 2 time National Champion.Then there was Bria Hartley who started from her first game at Conn.Next years team will not have that luxury.Moriah is going to pass the torch to Kia.She will be the leader of the team and Crystal Dangerfield will be the starting point guard.IMO Saniya can not handle this role and will be the 4th guard behind those 2 and Lou.I see Lou playing mainly the 2 and 3.

Where do you see KLS playing on defense? Do you see her playing inside at all? Not saying 40 minutes.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The General
montogmery.jpg

Field Marshal Montgomery.

Here's the other one. He has almost as many awards as Maya.

field_1.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Where do you see KLS playing on defense? Do you see her playing inside at all? Not saying 40 minutes.
That depends on who else gets to start. With Natalie this year UCONN is almost exclusively 3 X 2 zone. If Natalie starts next year backline-2 could be Natalie and KLS, and top 3 could be Gabby, Kia & Napheesa.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Jordy if you know the history so well then you know Saniya in the last 3 years cant cut it.You are right it will be a learning experience for Crystal because she is a freshmen.That was a hard one.Would it be better for her to learn playing next to Kia right away or watching Saniya on the floor starting.Dont tell me what I know and dont know because I have coached 2 kids on the first FF team and been following them since 1987 and played against quite a few of the mens players and beat them.So be in the know about people before making a stupid comment.Crystal Dangerfield will have the confidense of the coaches and IMO will take what they can from Chong as a sub and sometimes you just have to except that from a player.
Where and how did I question you knowledge of BB? Not my point at all. I would NEVER question someone else on their knowledge of sports. My point was about Geno and his past treatment of point guards. I apologize if you took offense. I don't disagree on Chong's lack of improvement. I disagree with idea that Geno will suddenly change his MO and start a freshman at the point when more experience hands are available. Geno has never been one to throw his point guards in the fire from day one. Perhaps as the season progressed. Again, Mo is a good example of someone with Danger's skill set, and only did last year become her year.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Let the nabobs natter on, time will prove them wrong.
Butler is going to be just fine, and likewise so is Chong.
Their writing off of these two kids could hardly be unsubtler;
But Chong will be just fine next year, and likewise so will Butler.
P.L (semi-retired)

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Let the nabobs natter on, time will prove them wrong.
Butler is going to be just fine, and likewise so is Chong.
Their writing off of these two kids could hardly be unsubtler;
But Chong will be just fine next year, and likewise so will Butler.
P.L (semi-retired)
Most people think that I don't have a Clue but I'll roll the dice and predict that Butler will do it, on the court, with a ball.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Yup, Biffster, some faces are going to be plum scarlett when they see that these kids CAN cut the mustard. It's a lead pipe cinch that it is going to be a wrench for some!

Reaction Score
Where and how did I question you knowledge of BB? Not my point at all.

You accidentally did but the poster probably isn't on enough to see that you in no way meant it. You're a classy poster.

Reaction Score
No Defensively she will have to play some 4 and maybe even the 5 if they go small.Lou being the second tallest on the team with the most experience it will be interesting next year.On offense IMO she will be more like KML than Stewie but with the unknown with Butler she could end up in the 4 if Natalie doesnt step up.
It will be interesting next year.

Reaction Score
Where and how did I question you knowledge of BB? Not my point at all. I would NEVER question someone else on their knowledge of sports. My point was about Geno and his past treatment of point guards. I apologize if you took offense. I don't disagree on Chong's lack of improvement. I disagree with idea that Geno will suddenly change his MO and start a freshman at the point when more experience hands are available. Geno has never been one to throw his point guards in the fire from day one. Perhaps as the season progressed. Again, Mo is a good example of someone with Danger's skill set, and only did last year become her year.
It was the first sentence and as far as I am concerned its done.If Saniya was playing meaningful minutes against the better teams then I would say yes but not to fill a spot and again Moriah had Doty and Hartley to learn from.In 2013 Caroline was at 70% but she was a 2 time NC point guard(first year torn ACL but she still knew how to lead the team.Crystal is an incredible talent and IMO will be able handle the pressure just like Hartley did.I do not post everyday but I do read alot because this is the BY and we are like DNA where 999,998,945 have great insight on Uconn Womens Basketball!

Reaction Score
No Defensively she will have to play some 4 and maybe even the 5 if they go small.Lou being the second tallest on the team with the most experience it will be interesting next year.On offense IMO she will be more like KML than Stewie but with the unknown with Butler she could end up in the 4 if Natalie doesnt step up.
It will be interesting next year.

Absolutely I see her like KML and next year definitely. As for KLS- I was speaking defense only - her playing inside. Offense - her 3pt shot is special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom