PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dude had a very good first weekend of AAU. He is teammates of Gilbert and can play. However he's barely 5-3 and that's going to hinder majors coming after him. Could be a fantastic low, mid major player though.
I would be surprised if he's 5'0, kid is awesome to watch though.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Hopefully, and the class may close out quickly after that if they can reel in Bruce Brown, Mario Kegler, Tyrique Jones and Mamadou Diarra.

That would be an unbelievable class, probably comparable to Calhoun in his heyday. I'd be beyond happy if we could pull that off but I'm not going to jump to conclusions yet.

Reaction Score
wouldn't be surprised if that rogers kid plays high major, he absolute destroyed eybl as caws noted. wonder if he keeps it up next weekend

Reaction Score
No.

Do you remember Shawnta Rogers from George Washington? He was a 5'3" point guard in the late 90's....

The guy averaged about 12 points and five rebounds over his career there...he was a major-league stat-stuffer despite being a munchkin.

Anywho, that's his kid.
Played with Yinka Dare right??? Wow, we're getting old. Old man passed his genes down right to height

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Played with Yinka Dare right??? Wow, we're getting old. Old man passed his genes down right to height

No - Dare probably finished off at GW a year or two before Rogers arrived. (I think Dare died right around the time Rogers would have been leaving school.)

Rogers played with Alexander Koul...

243954-nov-1997-center-alexander-koul-and-guard-gettyimages.jpg

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Kid makes Mugsy Bouges look lanky in comparison.

Reaction Score
No.

Do you remember Shawnta Rogers from George Washington? He was a 5'3" point guard in the late 90's....

The guy averaged about 12 points and five rebounds over his career there...he was a major-league stat-stuffer despite being a munchkin.

Anywho, that's his kid.
I remember him well, Shawnta Rogers could ball and it looks like his son can too. Just looked him up and Rogers has another son who is a college player but at 5'8 he's huge compared to his brother and father.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There's Shawnta Rogers-short and then there's Darnell Rogers-short.

He can play, but he's so freaking short. He's Oompa Loompa short. He just wouldn't get away with any of that against good college competition and I don't know what you do with him on defense.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I saw him in one of A.G.'s videos. Glad to see this. Maybe we could go beyond our outstanding history with short P.G.s and progress into miniatures.
Seeing a kid with that talent makes me wish there was an under 70 inches NBA

Reaction Score
Koul, that's right. Boy years are blending together. Used to watch so much college basketball back then.

Reaction Score
wouldn't be surprised if that rogers kid plays high major, he absolute destroyed eybl as caws noted. wonder if he keeps it up next weekend
he got an offer from Townson this weekend so it looks like his future is bright

Reaction Score

I want the Harrisons to stay 4 yrs and hope this kid plays Kentucky. That would be getting under their dribble.
He probably has a career with the Globetrotters if nothing else.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
No. Do you remember Shawnta Rogers from George Washington? He was a 5'3" point guard in the late 90's.... The guy averaged about 12 points and five rebounds over his career there...he was a major-league stat-stuffer despite being a munchkin. Anywho, that's his kid.

That's a blast from the past name.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
We should recruit him. What a blast. Play him as back up point. Guarantee that other team will lose
offensive rhythm trying to take advantage of his height. Huge fan favorite.

Reaction Score
If he were to commit, would he count? I'm leaning toward no. Because UConn has such history with shorter PGs.
Funny that when he comes he will be standing next to Hobbs and probably prove taller. Hell Ricky and that big either. Come to think of small ball at the guard position is so exciting!

Reaction Score
Any update on Altrique's visit? I know Shonn Miller was newsworthy, but I'm excited to know how it went for Alterique. He's a UConn type of PG. I'd hate to have to resort to the Car Wash Guy for insider info...

Reaction Score
Darnell Rogers is also cousins with Aquille Carr, that is a whole family of really short dynamic point guards.

Reaction Score
Carr was also arrested for assaulting his girlfriend before ever suiting up for Seton Hall. No one wants to be associated with A. Carr.

Reaction Score
As
Funny that when he comes he will be standing next to Hobbs and probably prove taller. Hell Ricky and that big either. Come to think of small ball at the guard position is so exciting!
As long as he doesn't play with his back to the basket like Hobbs did.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members