PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would love this addition. He looks very explosive and well rounded. mentioned in that other tread some recruiting down south guy thought gilbert would turn into 5 star soon

Reaction Score
He's planning on committing sometime in the next few months. I think us being seemingly all in on Gilbert hints that Tremont Waters likely isn't reclassifying.

UConn can't assume anything. You need to take the commitments of the kids who want to come. You can't wait on Waters.

Plus, say Adams is a 3 year kid. He'll be in his last year when Waters is a freshman. This is what should be happening at the PG position. One kid out the door, his heir apparent already seasoned, and a frosh PG learning the ropes. I know that's a lot to ask for but if Gilbert or Fisher want to commit this summer, then there's no waiting for Waters.

Reaction Score
Every time we offer a recruit and he posts something like "Wow!!! Just offered by UCONN!" or "So blessed! Just picked up UCONN offer" I want to puke. We offer so many and get these reactions almost every time. If you're so thrilled, how about signing. It's all about bragging rights for kids, then they sign with VCU or St. John's.....I don't pay any attention to recruiting news until it's time for signing on the dotted line.
Yup. this is why i dont get invested in recruiting like many do here. Sure i see whats going on from time to time but to get obsessed with recruits and hanging on every word to see if hes leaning toward us and all that other stuff pfffft! its for the birds! i get excited about recruiting when i read someone has actually SIGNED to come here.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I thought that first video was about as good as any I have seen. Not a hundred balls going through the net, but an exhibition of ball handling, passing and defense. Looks great.

Reaction Score
We NEED to get this guy. I'm probably looking too far ahead but if we get him, in two years our backcourt will be Adams, Gilbert, and Purvis. WOW.

Reaction Score

Team CP3 has jumped out of the gate to a roaring start in EYBL play, winning all three games through the first two days of play. The squad features superstar Harry Giles — who has drawn massive crowds in each game — but the club’s leading scorer actually has been guard Alterique Gilbert.

Coaches have flocked to CP3’s outings here in Hampton, and not only for Giles. Gilbert has drawn offers from Connecticut, Illinois, Miami, Florida, Texas A&M, Mississippi, Wake Forest, Georgia, Georgia Tech and others, and he recently told colleague Evan Daniels that the Huskies, Illini and Hurricanes stand out.

Still, he’s in no hurry to make a decision and would like to expand his interest. He also feels no pressure or desire to necessarily spend his college years within the South.

”I want a school that has a winning program, a great coaching staff and a team that likes to learn,” he said. “I don’t have a preference on distance from home.”

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Watch some of his full games on YouTube. He's like a young Ryan Boatright hybrid - more like 5'10" than 6'1" though.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Its probably due to the headband, but he reminds me a lot of Johnny Flynn. Hearing that he wants to now expand his interest is slightly disappointing, hopefully the visit changes that.

Reaction Score
Ollie needs to focus on this guy. Other guys in this class which I think we have a good chance at are Bruce Brown and Jaylen Fisher.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Gilbert would be great for depth. A perimeter of Adams, Gilbert, Purvis, DHam would be awesome. Throw in Kegler and Tevin Mack and we're in title contention again.

Reaction Score
Gilbert would be great for depth. A perimeter of Adams, Gilbert, Purvis, DHam would be awesome. Throw in Kegler and Tevin Mack and we're in title contention again.

You have to think Hamilton is gone after next year. So then it would be a backcourt of Adams, Gilbert, and Purvis. That sounds rock solid to me.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
You have to think Hamilton is gone after next year. So then it would be a backcourt of Adams, Gilbert, and Purvis. That sounds rock solid to me.
Throw in Tevin Mack or Mario Kegler.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I think this could be a big weekend. I see a commitment from Miller, hopefully not long after from Gilbert too.

Reaction Score
I think this could be a big weekend. I see a commitment from Miller, hopefully not long after from Gilbert too.

Ivan Rabb's announcement tonight is something to watch for. If he commits to Cal, I really like our chances of Miller committing on his visit this weekend.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Ivan Rabb's announcement tonight is something to watch for. If he commits to Cal, I really like our chances of Miller committing on his visit this weekend.
Diamond Stone situation. Oakland Soldiers AAU is very well connected with Arizona. Yet again Nike and Jordan are linked. My bet is Arizona though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom