Paige underwent successful surgery | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Paige underwent successful surgery

Reaction Score
Trust in the process. The Dr who did the surgery reportedly very positive about the result and 8 weeks...but...

I can't wait for the movie to come out. The team highly regarded going in to the season... they have some struggles in the early going, a handful of injuries...then the big one...the Star, the NPOY from the previous year goes down... Will she be able to come back?? The Team loses it's first game after her injury, then start coming together as a team...the lose a few more to high ranked teams...maybe even upset one of them...and they get better and better. Then the player comes back from her injury/surgery... the Team embraces her and they all rally around...and knock off all the teams they play through the end of the season...winning the last game of the year. Such a story line!!!

Where did you see the doctors comments?

Reaction Score
I'm not a doctor in real life, only on The Boneyard.... However, from personal experience, she should take collagen, glucosamine-condroitin (or Osteo-Biflex) and calcium to aid recovery. Speaking from personal experience, that combo has done wonders for joint issues I've had. In one case, I was in so much shoulder pain, I thought I needed rotator cuff surgery. I took these supplements for a couple months and am fine now. It also cured a hype cartilage impingement.
Paige should also be wearing a necklace of garlic with some oregano. My nona says it cures everything.
I've put in a call to her medical team.

Reaction Score
They
We don't know, they don't know, she doesn't know. As someone already said, everyone heals differently. We all want her back ASAP, but at what price. All we can do is let the doctors and physical therapists do their job and hope they know what they are doing. What we don't want is for her to have a relapse and put next year in jeopardy. We don't want to see a repeat of the Nika and Azzi problems that were carried over from the previous year. Hopefully she will be back, but in the mean time lets get Nika, Aubry, and Azzi off the bench. When they are healthy we will again be a very dangerous team.
know more than we know.

Reaction Score
Where did you see the doctors comments?
Post #63 in this thread... Geno to Bob Joyce:

"Geno tells @bobjoyce27 on the coaches' show re: Paige Bueckers' surgery: "That's one of the main reasons to go in there. You want to go in & know exactly what is going on... & take care of what has to be taken care of right then & there"

"Says doc was v pleased w/ the operation"

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm sure Paige will be fully involved watching practice and film to see how everyone progresses through the season. If everyone else gets healthy, comes back, and they all use this time to improve their game then if Paige can come back around tournament time they have a good chance. Paige is so good that she'll make herself fit right in with what they are running.

Reaction Score
So does Paige now have like a giant bolt inside of her leg that's holding pieces of bone together? What happens when she goes through airport security with that kind of hardware?

Reaction Score
So does Paige now have like a giant bolt inside of her leg that's holding pieces of bone together? What happens when she goes through airport security with that kind of hardware?
The new scanners in most airports allow you to pass through the detectors. I know because I have two knee replacements and some other hardware implanted and I can just walk through the new detection equipment.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Legitimate question: If Paige doesn’t return at all this season, can she redshirt?

Someone earlier mentioned the Covid increase - I think that this is a real concern.

Reaction Score
The meniscus tear could have happened long before the other injury. I had a tear in each knee which I think were caused in the weight gym. One was found only after an MRI from another issue.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
says who? Are we really gonna start this again?
Cornell is the canary in the coal mine. They shut down the university and all winter sports yesterday with 900 active cases on a campus where 97% of students and staff are fully vaccinated. Omicron appears to be the culprit. All finals will be remote.

Reaction Score
Cornell is the canary in the coal mine. They shut down the university and all winter sports yesterday with 900 active cases on a campus where 97% of students and staff are fully vaccinated. Omicron appears to be the culprit. All finals will be remote.
yea and they also cancelled Cbb last season in Ivy lg, doesn't mean it was the right decision.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
yea and they also cancelled Cbb last season in Ivy lg, doesn't mean it was the right decision.
Time will tell. The fact that this new variant seems to evade vaccines is definitely a concern.

Reaction Score
Wishing Paige a full recovery. Hopefully we can all stop marking our calendars or setting our watches for her return. She'll return when she and her doctors are ready, & hopefully not a minute sooner.
Don't know if this works for anybody else, but I'm just assuming that Paige will not be returning this season.
Then, if and when she does... WOOHOO!!
Just want her to recover, rehab and return when she's ready.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I know you’re tongue is planted firmly in your cheek, but surely you are aware that in addition to all her other accomplishments at UConn, Paige also made the academic honor roll last year.
I'm sure she hired good people. ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I heard they put in a bionic knee, but it is suppose to be a secret... and Paige will be starring in a new series this year: The Bionic Point Guard.
giphy.gif

Think Geno will let her dunk???

Reaction Score
Did anyone say if they knew about the meniscus tear before they went in? I only ask because I had my rotator cuff repaired and my surgeon only noticed my labrum was torn when he went in and he then repaired that as well. It didn’t show up on my testing, so they can get surprises when they go in.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Did anyone say if they knew about the meniscus tear before they went in? I only ask because I had my rotator cuff repaired and my surgeon only noticed my labrum was torn when he went in and he then repaired that as well. It didn’t show up on my testing, so they can get surprises when they go in.
It appears that the surgeon only discovered the meniscus tear when they went in to perform the surgery on the tibial plateau fracture. The tear could have occurred at the time of the fracture, or it could have occurred well before the fracture.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Boneyard could teach graduate level classes in speculation.
Isn’t graduate level speculation based on reality in the predictive. Boneyard speculation is community college level at best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom