Paige underwent successful surgery | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Paige underwent successful surgery

Reaction Score
She's basically on the equivalent of the 60-day injured list. Could be 60 days, could be 100. Doesn't really matter because all it really means is "not any time soon." Taking the 8 week estimate verbatim is suggesting a level of precision and predictability that doctors don't have in terms of projecting the exact date she will return to the lineup. Even if she does try to come back this season I imagine it would be with lots of caution and limitations to the point it may not be worth it.

Reaction Score
I heard they put in a bionic knee, but it is suppose to be a secret...
bionic woman cyborg GIF
and Paige will be starring in a new series this year: The Bionic Point Guard.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
We don't know, they don't know, she doesn't know. As someone already said, everyone heals differently. We all want her back ASAP, but at what price. All we can do is let the doctors and physical therapists do their job and hope they know what they are doing. What we don't want is for her to have a relapse and put next year in jeopardy. We don't want to see a repeat of the Nika and Azzi problems that were carried over from the previous year. Hopefully she will be back, but in the mean time lets get Nika, Aubry, and Azzi off the bench. When they are healthy we will again be a very dangerous team.

Reaction Score
She's basically on the equivalent of the 60-day injured list. Could be 60 days, could be 100. Doesn't really matter because all it really means is "not any time soon." Taking the 8 week estimate verbatim is suggesting a level of precision and predictability that doctors don't have in terms of projecting the exact date she will return to the lineup. Even if she does try to come back this season I imagine it would be with lots of caution and limitations to the point it may not be worth it.
Paige will have the best medical and rehabilitation care available. So, it could also mean 50 or 55 days. The staff will assure that she won't play until she's ready. But hard work and determination will play a huge part in her recovery. And I can't think of a single athlete who's been on this team that would have worked harder at rehab than Paige.

Reaction Score
Please listen to the professionals not the speculations.
Pray Paige, Azzi, Aubrey, Nika and Piath to recover soon and stay health. I will be really happy if Paige can come back even in March.

Reaction Score
PPsssssttt. School? Come on Bueckers didn't come to UCONN for schooling. She came here for basketball. And even if she was interested in education, I'm sure she's got enough money now to pay someone to do that for her.
Geno is steadfast that all bb players graduate. Remember Diana couldn't come back until she got her degree.

Reaction Score
I'm not a doctor in real life, only on The Boneyard.... However, from personal experience, she should take collagen, glucosamine-condroitin (or Osteo-Biflex) and calcium to aid recovery. Speaking from personal experience, that combo has done wonders for joint issues I've had. In one case, I was in so much shoulder pain, I thought I needed rotator cuff surgery. I took these supplements for a couple months and am fine now. It also cured a hype cartilage impingement.
Add mag to the calcium.

Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers will be sidelined longer than initially expected after undergoing successful knee surgery on Monday, the Connecticut Huskies announced.

Bueckers had surgery on her left knee to repair an anterior tibial plateau fracture and lateral meniscus tear she suffered in the last minute of a Dec. 5 game against Notre Dame. She had the operation at UConn Health and rehab is estimated at eight weeks.

Eight weeks from Monday is Feb. 8, about three weeks before the end of the regular season. The reigning national player of the year will now miss the January rematch with No. 1 South Carolina that's circled on fans' calendars as well as a meeting with Tennessee on Feb. 6.

Reaction Score
Trust in the process. The Dr who did the surgery reportedly very positive about the result and 8 weeks...but...

I can't wait for the movie to come out. The team highly regarded going in to the season... they have some struggles in the early going, a handful of injuries...then the big one...the Star, the NPOY from the previous year goes down... Will she be able to come back?? The Team loses it's first game after her injury, then start coming together as a team...the lose a few more to high ranked teams...maybe even upset one of them...and they get better and better. Then the player comes back from her injury/surgery... the Team embraces her and they all rally around...and knock off all the teams they play through the end of the season...winning the last game of the year. Such a story line!!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
When Holy Rowe announced that Paige will probably need surgery, several posters scoffed, and said "what does she know?"
Hell, I said it when it when it was revealed she had a break. I also said I thought she had a meniscus tear as well.

Reaction Score
At the rate covid is making a comeback either there will be no tournament or some low seed will win anyway and none of this will matter. Whatever they do...DO NOT feed the portal again by passing out extra years. The NBA is a mess right now. Don't be surprised if after the holidays the NCAA axes fans from games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom