Paige underwent successful surgery | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige underwent successful surgery

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm grateful for UConn being as forthcoming as they are on this. I think my head would explode if we had one of those threads about fan "rights" to know vs HIPPA. As a guy whose had 17 knee surgeries I'm a little leary of the 8 weeks projection and think all concerned have to weigh carefully risk vs reward on trying to get Paige back up to speed in Tournament time. Personally, I'd rather Paige rehab and come back next season, leaving this season to be one that will always carry a long footnote.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I think Paige will be a very bad patient, chomping at the bit continuously. I remember there was a program on TV (it may have been the Geno Auriemma show) which was just after a previous injury. Geno had to yell at her to put her boot back on.

Reaction Score
If this team, as presently constituted, should jell into a top 10 competitive team,
I wonder if inserting Paige back into the lineup might screw things up again.
Would they have to learn how to play together all over again?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The one thing I found noteworthy is that Paige had surgery yesterday. I don’t know what her finals schedule looks like, but I had thought she might wait until after finals to get the surgery.

Whatever her finals schedule, the early surgery date tells me that Paige absolutely plans on being back on the court this season. Of course time will tell, but I certainly wouldn’t bet against Paige, or anything she sets her mind to.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The one thing I found noteworthy is that Paige had surgery yesterday. I don’t know what her finals schedule looks like, but I had thought she might wait until after finals to get the surgery.

Whatever her finals schedule, the early surgery date tells me that Paige absolutely plans on being back on the court this season. Of course time will tell, but I certainly wouldn’t bet against Paige, or anything she sets her mind to.
I was wondering if she missed any final(s) due to this or maybe she had it done on Monday so she can take them...
Doesn't really matter though...

Reaction Score
I hope Paige puts this season to bed. She should look out for her future. Coming back just in time for playoff basketball may not be a good idea. I hope they give her more time than she wants. Maybe the start of the NCAA or just before. No matter what we should assume she is not in the picture going forward until next year.

Reaction Score
I hope Paige puts this season to bed. She should look out for her future. Coming back just in time for playoff basketball may not be a good idea. I hope they give her more time than she wants. Maybe the start of the NCAA or just before. No matter what we should assume she is not in the picture going forward until next year.
Or perhaps we can just trust the process while rooting for the team to grow stronger and more cohesive in Paige's absence.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Post-op Meniscus can be extremely variable
My surgeon recommended my purchasing some sort of a water machine
in order to combat pain and swelling, along with heavy duty pain meds...

But there was none...no pain nor swelling
And I wanted to get back on the court and start taking shots and skiing
after 2 weeks. And he said absolutely not...a month at least.

Just sayin.....

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

PPsssssttt. School? Come on Bueckers didn't come to UCONN for schooling. She came here for basketball. And even if she was interested in education, I'm sure she's got enough money now to pay someone to do that for her.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Wishing Paige a complete recovery.

Whether she returns this or not will be up to her, the doctors and Geno. She is going to want to be back on the court ASAP. We all know that.

So I will continue to support the team and watch them learn, grow and win while Paige is out.

Just remember, this happen for a reason.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Now why in the world should we assume that? That's not what the school put out. Should we assume they are intentionally lying?

Reaction Score
By my count 8 weeks is FEBRUARY 8th, eight weeks from today.
The timing of the REHAB and it's progression should be
INTERESTING. It is all on MOMA "E" and the rest of the team
to make it happen in the next 8 weeks, or so. GO TEAM!!
and the NCAA's start middle of March - Omicron willing.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
PPsssssttt. School? Come on Bueckers didn't come to UCONN for schooling. She came here for basketball. And even if she was interested in education, I'm sure she's got enough money now to pay someone to do that for her.
I know you’re tongue is planted firmly in your cheek, but surely you are aware that in addition to all her other accomplishments at UConn, Paige also made the academic honor roll last year.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wishing Paige a complete recovery.

Whether she returns this or not will be up to her, the doctors and Geno. She is going to want to be back on the court ASAP. We all know that.

So I will continue to support the team and watch them learn, grow and win while Paige is out.

Just remember, this happen for a reason.
Yes, we know. As punishment by the basketball gods for the arrogance on the BY about having too much depth, and 2 top ranked teams, and not enough minutes to go around. When will people ever learn?

hi-im-karma-9ec1cb0eac.jpg

Reaction Score
Absolutely, she should be counseled to look at the big picture. Surgery recovery is different for everyone. This season could be history or she comes back for the tournament. Will she be able to do the things she did pre-injury? Remember, she has to get her body into basketball shape. I don't know. Stay tuned, film at 11.

Reaction Score
would be very surprised if she came back on Feb 7th or 8th and was running up and down the floor like she was before her injury. i would give her about 3 games at least to have a modicum of hope to be normal Paige.

Reaction Score
I know you’re tongue is planted firmly in your cheek, but surely you are aware that in addition to all her other accomplishments at UConn, Paige also made the academic honor roll last year.
Yes, I think that like for all of the really bright kids in my classes years ago, these tests are just a minor inconvenience for PB.

Reaction Score
So, a potential mid-February return. Looking ahead, UConn has a home game at Gampel against DePaul on Feb 11th at 7:00 pm. Imagine the ovation if that's the day Paige is back on the floor.

Right now, SNY has the game. I wonder if one of the big networks might be able to pick up the game. It could have huge ratings.

Reaction Score
I'm not a doctor in real life, only on The Boneyard.... However, from personal experience, she should take collagen, glucosamine-condroitin (or Osteo-Biflex) and calcium to aid recovery. Speaking from personal experience, that combo has done wonders for joint issues I've had. In one case, I was in so much shoulder pain, I thought I needed rotator cuff surgery. I took these supplements for a couple months and am fine now. It also cured a hype cartilage impingement.
Just curious. Are you around Paige’s age?

Reaction Score

That is exactly the way I interpreted it as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom