OT - UAB Football Done? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - UAB Football Done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geez! That list covered just about everyone not in the p5.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Josh_Ward 11:52am via TweetDeck
Tennessee was scheduled to open 2015 season vs UAB. @JimmyHyams reported yesterday UT will likely play opponent that was on UAB's schedule.

Saturday
Sept. 5 at Tennessee Volunteers
LP Field, Nashville, TN TBA ---
Saturday
Sept. 12 Georgia State Panthers
Legion Field, Birmingham, AL TBA ---
Saturday
Sept. 19 South Alabama Jaguars
Legion Field, Birmingham, AL TBA ---
Saturday
Sept. 26 at Troy Trojans
Veterans Memorial Stadium, Troy, AL TBA

Reaction Score
Seriously - if the Power 5 raise the cost of a football program too high for conferences without big TV money, are we better off going to the Big East? We'd be getting MORE money per school without having to pay for football...

Reaction Score
Oh for the love of Christ.

A: What I or anyone else thinks about the rest of the programs in this league doesn't matter. Oh UConn won't get a P5 invite because Whaler pointed out that Tulane sucks.

B: There isn't a reason under the sun to invite Tulane or Tulsa. Literally not a single reason - things were bad enough why water it down even further.

If you can't make fun of the AAC it's probably impossible to survive in it - because trying to talk it up comes off as insincere as one of Diaco's press conferences.
F the conference. The Mountain West is on our level and Boise is still doing fine. Complaining about the conference you're in when you are the worst (or second worst) in the conference makes you look silly.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
F the conference. The Mountain West is on our level and Boise is still doing fine. Complaining about the conference you're in when you are the worst (or second worst) in the conference makes you look silly.

So when you are a fan of a bad team you can have no opinion about who the conference adds. Makes sense.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
The "author" is obviously a hack based solely on writing something like this:

DE Chris Rabb (Jr.) — The high school teammate of FSU quarterback Jameis Winston who was involved in the alleged point-shaving scandal.

That's all he could find on Chris Rabb?

Reaction Score
@noeynox - Did you call the Daily Campus?

dcsportsdept 9:58am via Twitter for iPhone
How UConn Football Can Benefit from UAB's Program Shutting Down - Daily Campus dailycampus.com/uconn-football…

>> Diaco wants people to know that the progress is happening, even if it cannot be seen.But if he wants fans to have faith in the process, it would be beneficial to take a run at some of UAB’s now-displaced underclassmen.<<

Reaction Score
@huskymedic, lmao no. It is prolly one or two things, they read the board or they think logically!!!

Opportunity strikes! Look forward to reading that when I have time.

Reaction Score
I had lunch this summer with someone close to the athletic program and administration (former BB player in the late 90's). They told me that the football program is sucking money out of athletics. It's to the point that capital raised to build the new bb facility was borrowed for the use of the FB program. This is one of the reason why some of the finishing touches on the new bb facility where not completed when it opened. This got me thinking, would UConn ever consider shutting down football for fiscal reasons. Would we continue with the high cost of operating a D1 program if it isn't profitable? At the time I thought Never! FB is the vehicle we need to ride to get into a P5 conference. But now my worry is that if things don't get better in the next 3-5 years then this could very well become part of the discussion. I hope to god not but it is ever more reason to continue to support football and renew your season ticket packages. We need football to work for us.

Reaction Score
Without looking, I'm gonna guess its a DL from Florida. I checked their commit list using the rivals database. I want the qb though.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Thanks. Do you agree or disagree with the premise. I would give some kids a look if I was Diaco. Kids with one or two years of eligibility that could help fill an immediate need or provide some depth on say the OLine where we are thin. Oh and did I mention the QB.

I'm all for finding talent wherever they may be.... I just don't buy the statement "But if he wants fans to have faith in the process, it would be beneficial to take a run at some of UAB’s now-displaced underclassmen.". .

Reaction Score
Well yeah, I don't think fans faith in the process is in any way dependent on whether or not we get any UAB players. I just see it as having a very thin roster from the attrition of having three (four if you count TJ) headcoaches since the 2009 season. It's not really bringing in JUCO's it is unheard of opportunity. Even better than picking up a graduate student. You're literally recruiting off of an FBS roster. Unique.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
So when you are a fan of a bad team you can have no opinion about who the conference adds. Makes sense.

Your only a fan of a team that is good all the time. What's your point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99