OT - UAB Football Done? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - UAB Football Done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So ... if we had two less, do we really care about a marginal $780,000 or something?

Are you just being meanspirited when you promote dropping Tulane OR Tulsa? I am firmly of the opinion that we belong in a greater Conference. That, we got severely screwed by former longtime partners BC & SU. And WE have far more potential as we develop than many many of the AAC or SU or BC. Part of the issue is this perception that we can't overcome. WE ARE THE TOP PUBLIC UNIVERSITY ... in the region all Americans see as the Education Center. We are damn good as an AD.

But, disrespecting 11 other Programs? Why does this continue?

Reaction Score
So ... if we had two less, do we really care about a marginal $780,000 or something?

Are you just being meanspirited when you promote dropping Tulane OR Tulsa? I am firmly of the opinion that we belong in a greater Conference. That, we got severely screwed by former longtime partners BC & SU. And WE have far more potential as we develop than many many of the AAC or SU or BC. Part of the issue is this perception that we can't overcome. WE ARE THE TOP PUBLIC UNIVERSITY ... in the region all Americans see as the Education Center. We are damn good as an AD.

But, disrespecting 11 other Programs? Why does this continue?
I agree; being disrespectful is not going to help our program.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh for the love of Christ.

A: What I or anyone else thinks about the rest of the programs in this league doesn't matter. Oh UConn won't get a P5 invite because Whaler pointed out that Tulane sucks.

B: There isn't a reason under the sun to invite Tulane or Tulsa. Literally not a single reason - things were bad enough why water it down even further.

If you can't make fun of the AAC it's probably impossible to survive in it - because trying to talk it up comes off as insincere as one of Diaco's press conferences.

Last edited:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UAB just skull fahqed Southern Miss yesterday too. Feel bad for those kids but, yeah, they probably have a few players that could help expedite our rebuild. We certainly have an ample amount of scholarships open!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The ultimate in irony: Tennessee put the UConn trip next year on the back burner in order to schedule a game in Nashville, against UAB.

EXCELLENT point. I wonder if this puts Tennessee back on our near-future schedule??

Reaction Score
Oh for the love of Christ.

A: What I or anyone else thinks about the rest of the programs in this league doesn't matter. Oh UConn won't get a P5 invite because Whaler pointed out that Tulane sucks.

B: There isn't a reason under the sun to invite Tulane or Tulsa. Literally not a single reason - things were bad enough why water it down even further.

If you can't make fun of the AAC it's probably impossible to survive in it - because trying to talk it up comes off as insincere as one of Diaco's press conferences.
Tulsa, Tulane, and SMU...they are financially very well-backed schools. Money talks.

Reaction Score
Who is their QB? Any eligibility left? Get him in here :)

This... we need as much competition ASAP to help lead our offense and get it turned around... along with an experienced Tackle (or 2)

Reaction Score
This... we need as much competition ASAP to help lead our offense and get it turned around... along with an experienced Tackle (or 2)
LOL. I thought of your posts when I said let's get thier QB. Seriously though, he'd be kind of ideal, a proven kid with one year of eligibility. A CA kid who started his career at Washington State. I am going to assume he will be highly sought after, but I hope we kick the tires at least.

Reaction Score
Holy crap that is a shame. Forcing UAB to hire a bad coach just so that if you got Saban his former OC would still be available.:confused:
Really can't sheet like that up can you?

Reaction Score
hate to go in like this (on UAB) but IF this is it for them a kid I hope we have an eye on is WR Marqui Hawkins... transferred in from Florida and was sitting out this year...

Reaction Score
Its open season on their roster and the vultures will be out full force.

Reaction Score
My guess is all UAB alumni and fans will become Auburn fans.

Reaction Score
The ultimate in irony: Tennessee put the UConn trip next year on the back burner in order to schedule a game in Nashville, against UAB.

I think we filled that game with Missouri for 2015

Reaction Score
My guess is all UAB alumni and fans will become Auburn fans.

This makes want to be an Auburn fan. From everything I read, Baby Bear is the main reason why UAB football is going to be nixed. It honestly seems like the Board of Trustees is doing everything in their power to ruin every other school in the state of Alabama (other than Auburn) so that they can maintain their dominance in the area.

Reaction Score
I'd say schedule UAB, but we would still be able to find a way to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom