OT - UAB Football Done? | The Boneyard

OT - UAB Football Done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
schadjoe2:41pm via Hootsuite
UAB coach Bill Clark said Sunday he believes the school’s football program is about to shut down.

schadjoe2:43pm via Hootsuite
“Unless something changes before the weekend ends,” Clark said. “I think it’s over. I think the odds are very high it ends this week.”

schadjoe2:44pm via Hootsuite
“To shut the doors? That’s sad,” Clark said. “I feel for these players. They committed to this school.”

schadjoe2:45pm via Hootsuite
UAB is bowl eligible and surely the players would like to play at least one more game if at all possible.

schadjoe2:54pm via Twitter for Websites
UAB coach fears for program m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?stor…via @ESPNCFB

ThayerEvansSI3:07pm via Twitter Web Client
BREAKING: UAB is firing athletic director Brian Mackin & will announce later this week it will be shutting down football program per source.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That coach was called one of the best hires of the last off season by some. Got them to 6-6, in year one which is remarkable if you know anything about UAB football he and the players deserved better. I'll admit I couldn't pick the guy out of a police line up but I feel for him and the players. Who is their QB? Any eligibility left? Get him in here :)

Reaction Score
That coach was called one of the best hires of the last off season by some. Got them to 6-6, in year one which is remarkable if you know anything about UAB football he and the players deserved better. I'll admit I couldn't pick the guy out of a police line up but I feel for him and the players. Who is their QB? Any eligibility left? Get him in here :)

Vulture:http://www.uabsports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/albr-m-footbl-mtt.html

Reaction Score
Kid has a year of eligibility left and I saw that he went 22-25 passing against a pretty good Western Kentucky team. You telling me you wouldn't welcome him with open arms? I'm not going to lie, without seeing any film I take him right now.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but didn't we take a look at this kid coming from Juco? Name sounds familiar.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They have helmets?

Buy 'em.

In fact, put all that s--- in a dozen UHauls and bring the entire program north.

Reaction Score
They have helmets?

Buy 'em.

In fact, put all that s--- in a dozen UHauls and bring the entire program north.

the UHaul!

Equipment_Truck_UAB.jpg

Reaction Score
Laugh if you want. I want a QB on the roster that doesn't give me that hopeless feeling of "here comes another 3 and out." Why can everyone else have nice things and we have QB play where you are just hoping for a first down. Not scoring drives, you just don't want to go 3 and out every god damn time.

Reaction Score
He has been consistent about his disdain of adding those two schools to the conference, so offering them both to conf usa made me laugh.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He has been consistent about his disdain of adding those two schools to the conference, so offering them both to conf usa made me laugh.

Hasn't everyone been consistent in that opinion? No one can even explain how they ended up in the league. It just randomly happened and no one admits to making the decision.

Reaction Score
Didn't UCF/George O'leary vouch for Tulane? Other than that, the closest thing I have is that Tulane's president played football at .....UConn.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Possibly the best thing about the AAC is that there are TWO schools who's fans would contend BASEBALL is the second biggest sport on campus.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Didn't UCF/George O'leary vouch for Tulane? Other than that, the closest thing I have is that Tulane's president played football at .....UConn.

Well if there is anyone you can take at their word it's George O'Leary.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but didn't Herbst get asked about the additions and her response was something along the lines that no one asked her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom