OT: NBA SemiFinals | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA SemiFinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was race because virtually every black analyst is saying it was Dela vs. Horford, except Barkley, who is reasonably objective.

Horford pulled him to the ground and then tried to elbow his head even when Dela didn't even have any contact with him. I actually hope Horford plays game 4 because I want him to get booed incessantly. I used to somewhat like Horford, now he's just a punk.

Your post was a bunch of nonsense and you brought race into it, sorry but you can't run from that. White guys are scrappy and play hard, black guys are too cool for hard work. Your post was a bunch of stereotypes and was borderline offensive.

Reaction Score
It was race because virtually every black analyst is saying it was Dela vs. Horford, except Barkley, who is reasonably objective.

Horford pulled him to the ground and then tried to elbow his head even when Dela didn't even have any contact with him. I actually hope Horford plays game 4 because I want him to get booed incessantly. I used to somewhat like Horford, now he's just a punk.
I don't know what your first sentence means but if you're trying to say every black analyst is saying Dellavadova is a dirty player you are way wrong, I actually didn't hear any of them say this. Shaq was saying there is absolutely nothing dirty about the way Dellavadova plays, as were others. Only this board could make this a race issue.

Reaction Score
The Kermit Washing-Rudy T incident is the reason why guys like Horford got ejected, it was more the intent to injure more so then the actual elbow. If lets say Ben Wallace landed the perfect punch he would kill someone.

Reaction Score
The Kermit Washing-Rudy T incident is the reason why guys like Horford got ejected, it was more the intent to injure more so then the actual elbow. If lets say Ben Wallace landed the perfect punch he would kill someone.
Guys in the 80's were throwing haymakers left and right at each other without getting kicked out, Malice at the Palace led to all these overreactions by the NBA.

Reaction Score
Guys in the 80's were throwing haymakers left and right at each other without getting kicked out, Malice at the Palace led to all these overreactions by the NBA.

I remember the NBA put in the dress code rule, the year after that incident because David Stern wanted to reshape the NBA's image of being of thug league. I think the refs in general slow the game down, I think you they should just give each guy a T and you move on, however an elbow to the face is way different if Horford landed that elbow that would have done some serious damage to Dellavedova an elbow to the ribs is one thing.

I dont blame Horford for reacting the way he did but he definitely should have been ejected he even said himself he overreacted.

Going back to the Kermit Washington-Rudy T incident, that is the reason why the rule of a guy throwing a punch or elbow is automatically ejected.

Reaction Score
I remember the NBA put in the dress code rule, the year after that incident because David Stern wanted to reshape the NBA's image of being of thug league. I think the refs in general slow the game down, I think you they should just give each guy a T and you move on, however an elbow to the face is way different if Horford landed that elbow that would have done some serious damage to Dellavedova an elbow to the ribs is one thing.

I dont blame Horford for reacting the way he did but he definitely should have been ejected he even said himself he overreacted.
The Taj Gibson ejection was way more egregious, Dellavadova got him in a leg lock and Taj gave him a little kick to the butt that I don't think even landed.

Reaction Score
The Taj Gibson ejection was way more egregious, Dellavadova got him in a leg lock and Taj gave him a little kick to the butt that I don't think even landed.

The Taj Gibson ejection was absolute BS, it should have just been a T at the most and you play on. I hate how the officials look at the monitor for every little incident huddle around for 5 minutes which seems like 20 and then it takes another 2 minutes to sort it all out, I'm just yelling come on lets play.

Reaction Score
Your post was a bunch of nonsense and you brought race into it, sorry but you can't run from that.
Oh no worries - I never run from what I've said and what I believe. Yes, I brought race into it, because I think the animosity towards Delavedova by some of the players in the NBA is partly due to racism. I think there is some (not a lot) amount of anti-white racism in the NBA by the players.
White guys are scrappy and play hard, black guys are too cool for hard work.
Once again, these are your words, not mine. I think the country needs a good conversation about race. One that is temperate and unemotional, to the extent possible. One that is contemplative, and introspective. One that puts reason before anger, and progress before accusation.
Unfortunately, it seems unlikely to me that any reasonable conversation about race will occur. There are many reasons for this. One is white racists. No doubt. One is institutional racism. No doubt. But another one is what you are doing, which is attempting to stifle any implication of black racism/responsibility with the immediate accusation of "racist!". You're like Donald Sutherland in the final scene of IOTBS - you review words and look for an excuse to yell "racist! racist!" to shut down any further conversation.
The problem is this - that's an attempt to make it a one way street, where black people can freely accuse white people of being racists and misbehaving, but any attempt to point out the reverse is met with maniacal and immediate accusations of racism.

I'll pull together some numbers later and we'll see if they suggest anything.

Reaction Score
except Barkley, who is reasonably objective.
Barkley is awesome. He calls it like he sees it with zero regard for black sensibilities, good or bad. World needs more people like him.

Reaction Score
Oh no worries - I never run from what I've said and what I believe. Yes, I brought race into it, because I think the animosity towards Delavedova by some of the players in the NBA is partly due to racism. I think there is some (not a lot) amount of anti-white racism in the NBA by the players.

Once again, these are your words, not mine. I think the country needs a good conversation about race. One that is temperate and unemotional, to the extent possible. One that is contemplative, and introspective. One that puts reason before anger, and progress before accusation.
Unfortunately, it seems unlikely to me that any reasonable conversation about race will occur. There are many reasons for this. One is white racists. No doubt. One is institutional racism. No doubt. But another one is what you are doing, which is attempting to stifle any implication of black racism/responsibility with the immediate accusation of "racist!". You're like Donald Sutherland in the final scene of IOTBS - you review words and look for an excuse to yell "racist! racist!" to shut down any further conversation.
The problem is this - that's an attempt to make it a one way street, where black people can freely accuse white people of being racists and misbehaving, but any attempt to point out the reverse is met with maniacal and immediate accusations of racism.

Kudos, this is next level blowhardy. An elbow from Al Horford because he resents Dellavedova's attempt to "eschew Horford's ideal rendition of the game." Total and complete nonsense.

Dellavedova plays like a [insert G-rated curse removed by the filter]. He's the kind of guy you love on your team and hate to play against. Horford got frustrated and that's pretty much that. No different than people getting fired up at Patrick Beverly for some of the stuff he does.

Reaction Score
Kudos, this is next level blowhardy.
Ohh! Goody! Do I get a trophy for this? I already have a couple from this site. I got one after like 10 posts. I thought maybe I was accidentally posting on a kids' soccer forum.

Reaction Score

"A lot of players fancy themselves too cool to bust ass every play and do the dirty work. It's very much a trait of white players in the NBA to be the lunchpail guys." You really think I was off base with what I said, what other possible way could this be interpreted other than white players play hard and black players don't?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I knew that guy would make his way onto my ignore list in record time.

Reaction Score
NBA has no consistency, Howard just swung at Bogut's face and gets a flagrant 1.

Reaction Score
And now Kerr put Curry back in the game, what the heck is he thinking?

Reaction Score
I dare someone to say the NBA playoffs are more exciting then March Madness.
I love March Madness more than anything in sports but the level of basketball absolutely stinks compared to the NBA playoffs. This is not a good playoffs to go off of because so many games have been blowouts, only great series was Clippers Spurs.

Reaction Score
I love March Madness more than anything in sports but the level of basketball absolutely stinks compared to the NBA playoffs. This is not a good playoffs to go off of because so many games have been blowouts, only great series was Clippers Spurs.

Yes I would hope the quality of basketball is better in the NBA, thats why its the NBA, the NBA playoffs can be exciting this one sucks as a whole. In terms of excitement unpredictability it usually goes 1. March Madness (starting with the conference tournaments) 2. NFL playoffs (single elimination) 3. MLB playoffs 4. NHL playoffs 5. NBA playoffs. Im hoping the GSW and Cavs sweep so the finals can at least be a decent series, with both teams getting a lot of rest.

Reaction Score

Level of basketball is one thing who could not agree with the NBA having the best players, they are pro's? But the level of excitement is another as well as people playing by the rules. 2 steps, intentional fouls and kids just flat out trying to reach for the pinnacle or some miracle. I for one agree with Scoe but that's just me. Pretty sure we knew it was going to be LeBron and the Warriors about 1/2 way through the year. Kinda like the womens game.

Reaction Score
Level of basketball is one thing who could not agree with the NBA having the best players, they are pro's? But the level of excitement is another as well as people playing by the rules. 2 steps, intentional fouls and kids just flat out trying to reach for the pinnacle or some miracle. I for one agree with Scoe but that's just me. Pretty sure we knew it was going to be LeBron and the Warriors about 1/2 way through the year. Kinda like the womens game.

The NBA is a team sport but its more individualized then other sports, who is the biggest underdog to win an NBA title, 04 Pistons who were a 3 seed, 95 Rockets who were a 6 seed but defending champs, 2011 Mavs a 3 seed, 08 Celtics (not really they had 3 future HOF join forces and won 66 games).

Reaction Score
This is a Uconn message board and we all love college hoops here but you guys are nuts if you can't recognize the problems the game has these days, 22-20 halftime scores is not at all exciting or good basketball. The game is losing popularity and needs to make changes. Most college games are unwatchable recently.

Reaction Score
This is a Uconn message board and we all love college hoops here but you guys are nuts if you can't recognize the problems the game has these days, 22-20 halftime scores is not at all exciting or good basketball. The game is losing popularity and needs to make changes. Most college games are unwatchable recently.

It is what it is, btw I just tuned into the end of the NHL game and glad I did the Blackhawks scored 2 goals with 1 minute left to send it to OT.

Reaction Score
I've preferred the NBA for awhile now but these playoffs have been pretty bad. That Hawks-Cavs game from the other night was absolutely horrible.

The Cavs are at 21-10 right now, which looks pretty appealing right now. I know the Warriors are good, but you're basically getting the best player in the world at those odds, with potentially a healthy Irving and like 4 role players that are playing great right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom