OT: NBA SemiFinals | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA SemiFinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dellavadova is a little punk, can't stand him.
6' white guy who is the shortest and least athletic guy on the court every time he gets out there, but he manages to positively help his team every time he plays? And was undrafted? Love it. If he was on UConn, we'd all adore him.

Reaction Score
My biggest problem is how are the refs not noticing what Dellavadova is doing, the guy is clutching and grabbing all throughout the playoffs and diving into peoples knees. Horford is a gentleman and Taj Gibson has a good reputation around the league, there is a reason they have lost their cool with this reckless idiot, flying into everyone's lower bodies.

He definitely didn't dive into Horford's knees.

Reaction Score
6' white guy who is the shortest and least athletic guy on the court every time he gets out there, but he manages to positively help his team every time he plays? And was undrafted? Love it. If he was on UConn, we'd all adore him.
Sorry but I hate that kind of behavior even more than Shane Battier flopping. It's right up there with undercutting guys when they go up for a dunk, it's dirty and dangerous. I would be embarrassed if we had a player who played that way. I really could care less what his skin color is or that he's Australian.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
How the hell does Scott watch that ball go out? Grab that ball. Don't rely on the refs.

Reaction Score
Lebron with 37, 18 and 13 and played clutch D on Teague. I don't think Atlanta was aggressive enough at the end of regulation, a lot of teams do too much of it worry more about running clock then executing, I've seen Uconn do it too.

Reaction Score
The guy got fouled and he fell back into someone else whom he didn't even know was there and he "dove into his knees?"? Please, Horford overreacted and deserved to get tossed period.

Reaction Score
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1389232 Did you watch the Bulls series or the other games in this series? It sure looked to me like Dellavadova was doing the same sort of thing again and Horford lost his cool.

You want to argue the Gibson play or the Korver play, you can, but he definitely did not dive into Horford. They were fighting over a rebound, and Dellavedova tripped over a guy on the ground. He made minimal contact with Horford's legs, and Horford overreacted, violently, and deserved to be ejected.

Reaction Score
The guy got fouled and he fell back into someone else whom he didn't even know was there and he "dove into his knees?"? Please, Horford overreacted and deserved to get tossed period.
Good post. People are reaching with this because they want to hate the guy. With the Gibson play, he scissor locked his foot - hardly an attempt to injure, but clearly should have been a foul. With Corver, he dove for the ball and tried to put his body in between Corver and the ball, to protect the ball. Worked. Was going for ball and no intent to injure or a foul. With this last one, he was falling backwards. If he went after the guy's knee falling blindly backwards, then he's the Michelangelo of cheap shots.

Reaction Score
Go watch that play with an objective perspective. Horford pulled him to the ground and then attempted to elbow his head. Show anyone where he did anything chippy at all or initiated anything? He didn't fall into Horford, Horford yanked him to the ground. Horford should be suspended a game too.

Sorry but I hate that kind of behavior even more than Shane Battier flopping. It's right up there with undercutting guys when they go up for a dunk, it's dirty and dangerous. I would be embarrassed if we had a player who played that way. I really could care less what his skin color is or that he's Australian.

Reaction Score
Some pretty illustrious names on this list, and one I wish I never saw again.
i

Reaction Score
DI f
"One time is happenstance, two times is circumstance, three times is enemy action"
-Ian Fleming (I think in Dr No)

Reaction Score
DI f

"One time is happenstance, two times is circumstance, three times is enemy action"
-Ian Fleming (I think in Dr No)

I haven't even seen the others everyone speaks of and don't need to. I saw this one last night and there was zero intent on the kids part.

Funny Chris Paul can kick people in the nuts but this little hustling white guy is a villian to people?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I haven't even seen the others everyone speaks of and don't need to. I saw this one last night and there was zero intent on the kids part.

Funny Chris Paul can kick people in the nuts but this little hustling white guy is a villian to people?:rolleyes:
You're the second guy to bring up his race, do you really think people think the guy is a dirty player because he's white? Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade are dirty players because they made dirty plays on the court, not because they are black.

Reaction Score
You're the second guy to bring up his race, do you really think people think the guy is a dirty player because he's white? Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade are dirty players because they made dirty plays on the court, not because they are black.

But they didn't get hammered around like this kid now did they? It was okay because they are so good I guess, my bad. Certainly not saying it's the sole reason but you would be naive to believe it doesn't have a little do with it.

Reaction Score
But they didn't get hammered around like this kid now did they? It was okay because they are so good I guess, my bad. Certainly not saying it's the sole reason but you would be naive to believe it doesn't have a little do with it.
Most people never heard of him before 2 weeks ago, you are hearing about him now because two players have been ejected on plays involving him and another player is out for the playoffs because of him.

Reaction Score
Most people never heard of him before 2 weeks ago, you are hearing about him now because two players have been ejected on plays involving him and another player is out for the playoffs because of him.

yeah that's the only reason superjohn, he obviously can't play in this league. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
You're the second guy to bring up his race,
Race matters in the NBA. It's the (ironically) white elephant in the room. The owners are almost all rich and white. The coaches are mostly white. NBA office staff are mostly white. And the players are mostly black. White men are typically less athletic and more "scrappy" (sorry @scrappy2.0 ). They don't fall into the flashy, monster dunk category that dominates the NBA. They tend to either be big centers (Gasols, Mosgov, Antric, and the like), or scrappy guards and shooters (Delavedova, JJ Reddick, JJ Barea, Kirk Hinrich).
The reason that race presents itself with Delavedova is because the very facet of his game that makes him an NBA player - scrappiness - is the thing that Horford is counting against him. Horford's opinion seems to be that DV scrapiness is beneath the dinigty of the NBA, and that Horford's health should not be put at risk because some over-zealous, under-talented white guy is going to eschew Horford's ideal rendition of the game and climb up all in his grill going for every loose ball. Horford implied that there is a "brotherhood" of NBA players, and that there is an unwritten understanding that one should curb their loose ball enthusiasm rather than risk the knees of other players.
Further, the fact that DV is an under-athletic white player means that he is going to be a target of some players. K. Garnett was infamous for targeting "european players" with elbows and the like. The scrappy JJ Barea was taken out by Bynum on a play that should have resulted in a season ban for Bynum and criminal assault charges.
A lot of players fancy themselves too cool to bust ass every play and do the dirty work. It's very much a trait of white players in the NBA to be the lunchpail guys - in large part, probably, because it has to be. I think there is resentment for that, and particularly if somebody gets their panties all up in a bunch because the guy who routinely beats them to loose balls inadvertently rolled up on the leg of a guy during one scrum.

Reaction Score
Race matters in the NBA. It's the (ironically) white elephant in the room. The owners are almost all rich and white. The coaches are mostly white. NBA office staff are mostly white. And the players are mostly black. White men are typically less athletic and more "scrappy" (sorry @scrappy2.0 ). They don't fall into the flashy, monster dunk category that dominates the NBA. They tend to either be big centers (Gasols, Mosgov, Antric, and the like), or scrappy guards and shooters (Delavedova, JJ Reddick, JJ Barea, Kirk Hinrich).
The reason that race presents itself with Delavedova is because the very facet of his game that makes him an NBA player - scrappiness - is the thing that Horford is counting against him. Horford's opinion seems to be that DV scrapiness is beneath the dinigty of the NBA, and that Horford's health should not be put at risk because some over-zealous, under-talented white guy is going to eschew Horford's ideal rendition of the game and climb up all in his grill going for every loose ball. Horford implied that there is a "brotherhood" of NBA players, and that there is an unwritten understanding that one should curb their loose ball enthusiasm rather than risk the knees of other players.
Further, the fact that DV is an under-athletic white player means that he is going to be a target of some players. K. Garnett was infamous for targeting "european players" with elbows and the like. The scrappy JJ Barea was taken out by Bynum on a play that should have resulted in a season ban for Bynum and criminal assault charges.
A lot of players fancy themselves too cool to bust ass every play and do the dirty work. It's very much a trait of white players in the NBA to be the lunchpail guys - in large part, probably, because it has to be. I think there is resentment for that, and particularly if somebody gets their panties all up in a bunch because the guy who routinely beats them to loose balls inadvertently rolled up on the leg of a guy during one scrum.
Wow, so white players play hard and black players don't. Pretty clear where you are coming from.

Reaction Score
Wow, so white players play hard and black players don't. Pretty clear where you are coming from.
Yeah, um no. What I said was that many white guys who make it into the league are very hard workers and above the norm for "scrappiness," and they may have to be because they don't have the athleticism to be there otherwise. On the other side of the spectrum is a guy like Vince Carter, who could take a lot of plays off, not be a scrapper, and still be a huge NBA talent.
And clearly, Russel Westbrooke might be the scrappiest guy in the NBA.
So, please put the racism card back in the deck.

Reaction Score
Yeah, um no. What I said was that many white guys who make it into the league are very hard workers and above the norm for "scrappiness," and they may have to be because they don't have the athleticism to be there otherwise. On the other side of the spectrum is a guy like Vince Carter, who could take a lot of plays off, not be a scrapper, and still be a huge NBA talent.
And clearly, Russel Westbrooke might be the scrappiest guy in the NBA.
So, please put the racism card back in the deck.
Your post was a bunch of nonsense and you brought race into it, sorry but you can't run from that. White guys are scrappy and play hard, black guys are too cool for hard work. Your post was a bunch of stereotypes and was borderline offensive.

Reaction Score
Your post was a bunch of nonsense and you brought race into it, sorry but you can't run from that. White guys are scrappy and play hard, black guys are too cool for hard work. Your post was a bunch of stereotypes and was borderline offensive.

Only if you take it that way. Sorry my interpretation was there's a lot of guys who play real hard but many of the white guys are the stereotypical "scrappy" guys and some have to be to stay in the league. Mostly true and not racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom