OT - Lebron sticking up for Ray | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT - Lebron sticking up for Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I´m not a Heat fan so I´m not a homer one way or another. I have lived in New England all my life and have come to know how delusional certain Boston sports fans can be.
You act like being delusional is a Boston-only thing. It's not.

New York fans can also be delusional. So, too, can UConn fans. And fans of any team in any sport.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I´m not a Heat fan so I´m not a homer one way or another. I have lived in New England all my life and have come to know how delusional certain Boston sports fans can be.

Right, so you're a non-Boston fan living in New England. And that means that you have a clear, non-biased outlook on Boston sports teams and their fans. Got it.

Would you like to hear my thoughts on Yankee fans? I've lived in New York City for 14 years (and in Connecticut for the rest of my life) so that makes me an expert, right?

I didn't say you're a Heat homer. You're a UConn homer. And now, we find out, an anti-Boston guy.

Reaction Score
This thread is what happens when you care about what that psycho KG says

Reaction Score
Kembacity is on one of the worst runs of posts in the history of UConn message boards right now. Let's just stop arguing and bask in history being made.

Reaction Score
how was it a greedy move when he took less money?
It is greedy (and almost cheating!) under Massachusetts logic, and there's a lot of Massachusetts thinking going on in this thread.

Reaction Score
We dont have to keep going down this road but Ray did what was best for him and thats all that matters. Of course Lebron will stick up for Ray without Ray Lebron would be this generation of Wilt Chamberlain.

Reaction Score
Another misinformed opinion....please tell me which "star" ever won a title by themselves?....They all team up and have been doing it forever.

Jordan had Pippen( a top 50 player) plus Rodman, Kukoc, Grant, Paxon, etc....
Bird had McHale, Parrish, etc...
Kobe and Shaq...
Magic had Kareem, Worthy, Perkins, etc..
Duncan has had Robinson, Parker, Ginobli, , etc..
Olajuwon had Drexler
The Bad Boys Pistons

it goes on an on.

The only thing Lebron ever did wrong in going to Miami was announcing it on TV the way he did. He gave Cleveland 7 years to try and help him win a title and they rewarded him with Delonte West and Boobie Gibson.

Hakeem is the only one to win a title without a future HOF, Drexler wasnt there for the Rockets 1st championship, he did have great 3 point shooters around him though like Kenny Smith, Horry, Cassell and Mario Ellie.

Dirk is the only other guy I could think of that won it without another star.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
The other thing people are ignoring...
Would Ray have made the Celtics a contender last year?
Would Ray have been on the Celtics this year? Definitely Not
The Celtics needed to clean house and Ray is just one more piece that would have been moved like PP and KG.

Everyone else has moved on at this point and I think it's time the fans did too.

Reaction Score
That's absolutely not true. No one considers Robert Horry a perennial Allstar, and no one will think that way of Derek Fisher no matter how many championships he played in.

I don't think Ray Allen should have waited to retire, but him going to the heat the first chance he got just basically is a slap in the face to the team that gave him the opportunity to win his first title. So maybe Ray is such a delicate baby that he felt so wronged by the celtics as an organization so he made that move, which by definition would be petty.

As I've said, I didn't hate on ray for leaving boston, only for the team he went to which represents all that is horrible with the NBA. The second they signed him, lebron and wade start acting like the biggest Ray Allen fans in the world. If he was still a Celtic and he broke his leg in half like Kevin ware, they'd mock him like they did Dirk Nowitzki.

Also... Ray whined about the fact that the celtics signed Jason terry, yet he went right to the team that already had a knock down 3 point shooter in mike Miller. So basically he was the Jason terry to mike miller, it's not like he whined about playing time and went to a team with good pieces but lacking a good SG or lacking a great 3point shooter.

Yo! Miami wanted him. The defending champs. He wasn't gonna play behind Mike Miller. Are you serious?

Sorry, but MM can knock down shots. Ray's one of the greatest shooters of all time, and is deadly clutch. See the difference?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Dumbest thread I've seen in a while.

How anyone can be critical of any NBA player who changes teams as a free agent is beyond me.

Reaction Score
Ray is Husky royalty. Don't call him a head on this board. Our only Hall of Fame player and a class act, and you call him a head. Nice.

^This. And a . And then adds "I don't dislike Ray".......WTF??!!!

Reaction Score
Dumbest thread I've seen in a while.

How anyone can be critical of any NBA player who changes teams as a free agent is beyond me.

Yeah, as a FREE agent, he could go wherever he so chose. He wasn't happy at his place of employment, so he chose to go where he felt wanted, and had a better chance at the ultimate goal in his profession. The writing was on the wall. The C's weren't going to get back to that elite level without starting all over again.

And now the C's are totally broken up (which was inevitable). I would say it looks like he made the right decision here.

I know there are some on here that would laud Ray if he left the C's for the TWolves. At least the best team in the league had all the respect in the world for him. Had Miami been courting him as they were and he chose the TWolves.........

Heaven forbid one of you leaves your current job for greener pastures.

Reaction Score
Another misinformed opinion....please tell me which "star" ever won a title by themselves?....They all team up and have been doing it forever.

Jordan had Pippen( a top 50 player) plus Rodman, Kukoc, Grant, Paxon, etc....
Bird had McHale, Parrish, etc...
Kobe and Shaq...
Magic had Kareem, Worthy, Perkins, etc..
Duncan has had Robinson, Parker, Ginobli, , etc..
Olajuwon had Drexler
The Bad Boys Pistons

not to nit pick but Perkins never was on any of the Lakers title teams, don't forget about Byron Scott, Michael Cooper, Macadoo (later in his career), Jamaal Wilkes in Magics rookie year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't think that Ray Allen is a jerk for "leaving Boston"... I think he's a jerk because he already had a ring, and he left Boston for Miami. Its a low move, the same way Lebrons move of teaming up with Wade/Bosh was low. All the old guard said the same thing, if you are the best, you want to beat the best, not team up with the best so you don't have to face them anymore.
Seriously, did Ray nail your GF back in the day or something? Your obsession with him boarders on creepy.

Reaction Score
We dont have to keep going down this road but Ray did what was best for him and thats all that matters. Of course Lebron will stick up for Ray without Ray Lebron would be this generation of Wilt Chamberlain.

And without LeBron, Ray would still have the 1 ring. It's a team sport. Ray was playing pretty horribly in the previous 2 rounds of the playoffs and finally came around and started playing well in the Finals. Without LeBron carrying them to the Finals (with both Wade and Bosh not playing particularly well either), they don't even make it there and that shot in Game 6 never happens.

Reaction Score
Didn't think starting this thread would turn into such a disaster. Ray is probably the best player to ever wear a UCONN jersey and he's getting absolutely trashed by some people on this thread.

I'm a fan of the NBA but Don't have a favorite team, because I like watching uconn alums. Makes rooting for the local bobcats fun, but I can't claim to be as avid a fan as some of the Celtics fans on here who feel like Ray somehow personally wronged them.

As uconn fans I was hoping everyone would just appreciate the respect being given to Ray by someone who will go down as one of the greatest to ever play the game (sorry if that statement opens another can of worms)

Reaction Score
Can't believe people are angry about ray allen wanting to play with the greatest player and possibly teammate ever, and he might even ef around and win a few more rings. He basically struck gold by being a prized vet @ the right time

Reaction Score
And without LeBron, Ray would still have the 1 ring. It's a team sport. Ray was playing pretty horribly in the previous 2 rounds of the playoffs and finally came around and started playing well in the Finals. Without LeBron carrying them to the Finals (with both Wade and Bosh not playing particularly well either), they don't even make it there and that shot in Game 6 never happens.

Well that goes without saying, Lebron has always had a ton of respect for Ray, he showed he wanted Ray as a teammate more then the Celtics did during Ray's FA period.

Reaction Score
Can't believe people are angry about ray allen wanting to play with the greatest player and possibly teammate ever, and he might even ef around and win a few more rings. He basically struck gold by being a prized vet @ the right time

yep he was a FREE Agent

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Didn't think starting this thread would turn into such a disaster. Ray is probably the best player to ever wear a UCONN jersey and he's getting absolutely trashed by some people on this thread.

I'm a fan of the NBA but Don't have a favorite team, because I like watching uconn alums. Makes rooting for the local bobcats fun, but I can't claim to be as avid a fan as some of the Celtics fans on here who feel like Ray somehow personally wronged them.

As uconn fans I was hoping everyone would just appreciate the respect being given to Ray by someone who will go down as one of the greatest to ever play the game (sorry if that statement opens another can of worms)
Just think of human behavior as a system of sets. For you the set that is strongest is UConn alums. For another the set of the Celtics is stronger than UConn alums. For still others the set of the Miami Heat's is the strongest negative set. For some the strongest negative set is Lebron. Then there is the set of franchises with some supporting the bigger franchises and some supporting the "little" guys. And it gets a little more complicated because most of us have multiple sets we prefer, but then value each set in a different sequence. Reaction is always dependent on which is the strongest identifier set(s) for each and every one of us. This will be a great lesson for you going forward: emotional preferences vary and dictate how we react.

You don't need to apologize to this crew! We feast on worms, both those found in cans and in the wild.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
yep he was a FREE Agent
As was Andrew Bynum and I bet there are several posters who support your viewpoint about Ray Allen and have dumped on Bynum for not coming to Storrs. And they will rationalize Bynum's decision to go pro vs. college as being different than Ray's decision because it is more face saving to deflect that our opinions are often not noble. In other words, most fans are just a bunch of whiny biatches that are very needy. Of course I'm above all of this! :)

Reaction Score
Yo! Miami wanted him. The defending champs. He wasn't gonna play behind Mike Miller. Are you serious?

Sorry, but MM can knock down shots. Ray's one of the greatest shooters of all time, and is deadly clutch. See the difference?

Have to disagree with you, ray is not one of the greatest shooters of all time, he's THE greatest shooter all time ;-)

Reaction Score
As was Andrew Bynum and I bet there are several posters who support your viewpoint about Ray Allen and have dumped on Bynum for not coming to Storrs. And they will rationalize Bynum's decision to go pro vs. college as being different than Ray's decision because it is more face saving to deflect that our opinions are often not noble. In other words, most fans are just a bunch of whiny biatches that are very needy. Of course I'm above all of this! :)

Im not one of them especially given Bynum's injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom