OT: Best Restaurants/Food or places to go in CT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Restaurants/Food or places to go in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure and I'm not sure about Filipek's either but both had great kielbasa...........not living there any more but you are correct!
Filipek's is still there. We make a pilgrimage there every Easter. I do believe the other place is still open too. Although, we haven't gone there in years.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
My wife loves wine and we are always looking for places like that to go with our friends. Although a 50 minute or so ride looks like a great place.......bring your own crackers/cheese etc? And beer? I am not at all a wine drinker............not necessarily a RR swill either but ;).........will need to check it out
No food is served there. Bring your own everything from pizza to lobsters. The only thing they ask is NO outside beverages. They sell wine bottles, glasses, water, or soda. It will be a day without beer. You can survive Mau! Do a wine tasting first, you will enjoy one flavor for sure. The view makes the place. Spend the afternoon, or evening. Bring books, games, or just chill. Check out this website, or FB friend them so you get a reminder in your timeline of there events. One thing your wife may love is their Annual Harvest Day, where you help pick the year's grapes. It's like the movie "Sideways" in CT.

http://gouveiavineyards.com/

Reaction Score
No food is served there. Bring your own everything from pizza to lobsters. The only thing they ask is NO outside beverages. They sell wine bottles, glasses, water, or soda. It will be a day without beer. You can survive Mau! Do a wine tasting first, you will enjoy one flavor for sure. The view makes the place. Spend the afternoon, or evening. Bring books, games, or just chill.

Actually it's "points" with the wife so I'll take one for the golf game LOL........it does look nice and my mom is only a few miles away........it's win for me no matter thanks!

GemParty

Reaction Score
Actually it's "points" with the wife so I'll take one for the golf game LOL........it does look nice and my mom is only a few miles away........it's win for me no matter thanks!
I just added/edited the website to the thread on what you can bring.

Reaction Score
Firebox in Hartford. valet parking. or street parking.
Nice place to get dressed up and have some top chef quality food.
farm to table.
http://www.fireboxrestaurant.com/
Zagat rated..

I've been here at least 3 times and every time its been great. It's usually on the taste of Hartford tour and is a great option to save some cash and go that route.

Reaction Score
Union League, best "special occasion" meal
Bricco Trattoria, L'Orcio, Pips, Bar Bouchee, Le Petit Cafe
Casseus - grilled cheese, 116 Crown for great, creative cocktails
Feng, Miso and Miya for sushi in New Haven (Bun Lai focuses on sustainability in the latter)
Chimirri's in Wethersfield - great Italian pastry & cannoli

Reaction Score
The Mill at 2T is hands down the best restaurant in CT. Highly recommend calling day of and requesting counter seating so you can see your food prepared.

Reaction Score
Cheddie has a solid Elm City list. Bun is the man!

GemParty

Reaction Score
Must share one last Special couples place, it's hard to duplicate. Ever hear of a "Pop Up" restaurant? It's temporary, & built yearly near the Holidays, til about Valentine's Day in NYC Bryant Park. It's incredible for Date Nights. High class, great view of the skating pond, incredible New Years Eve Celebrations. Nothing like it! It will blow you away, how much work goes into creating something for about 5 months. Check out Celsius- http://celsiusnyc.com/

Screen+shot+2010-11-17+at+7.26.10+AM.png

Reaction Score
Firebox in Hartford. valet parking. or street parking.
Nice place to get dressed up and have some top chef quality food.
farm to table.
http://www.fireboxrestaurant.com/
Zagat rated..

I've been here at least 3 times and every time its been great. It's usually on the taste of Hartford tour and is a great option to save some cash and go that route.

I'm sorry, firebox sounds like someone you take to a restaraunt like that.

Reaction Score
Feng, Miso and Miya for sushi in New Haven (Bun Lai focuses on sustainability in the latter)

I am Italian and I love pastry. Chimirri's has the best macaroons I have ever had, and I have had a lot. Always stop by for a cookie tray and box of canolis during the holidays.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

arch

Reaction Score
Fair enough.

• I always liked Dakota Steakhouse, mainly the one in Avon, although Rocky Hill will do in a pinch.
  • SideStreet Cafe in Hamden is a real thole-looking place, but the food is really good.
  • Paul's in Cheshire has the best breakfast.
  • There's a good place in Milford called Rainbow Gardens - the place is kind of geared towards the labial half of the population, but the food is good.
  • I like Sonic when we get a cute waitress.

I believe Avon Dakotas has been closed for a while.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
When it comes to quick fast food nothing beats Chipolte, im comfortably full for a good 8 hours or so after going there. If you are a wings freak like I am go to Sliders in Plainville and if the place is packed just go down the street to another place called The Firehouse they have over 80 different flavors of wings including Jaegar Meister, Jaeger Bomb, and Jack Daniels wings. I found a real good Asian buffet in West Hartford where Macaroni Grill used to be, good sushi, they got crab legs alot of stuff and im not talking usual $hitty food that you see at a buffet.

Firehouse in plainville is crazy, I play there every couple months or so and the first time I walked in I wanted to walk right back out, it gave me the willies. But then they gave the band 4 plates of of wings and I was hooked. The dry rub wings kick ass as well as the sauced. Best wings in the state ( and I am in bars all over the state 2-3 days every week so I think I have a good polling sample).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Cheddie has a solid Elm City list. Bun is the man!

Agreed, solid New Haven list. Union League is the safest and most consistent bet for a great meal for me. Everything is always "just right." Dinner is great, but a nice long lunch, lingering into the mid-afternoon, is even better imo. The natural light in that room is great at that time.

Not a huge Caseus fan. I think it's overrated, overpriced for what you get in both quality and quantity.

Love "L'Orcio. I'd add Skappo for other different Italian (more Umbrian, not red sauce Neapolitan). The sandwiches at their market, Skappo Merkato, are also excellent.

Other great New Haven spots are Thali and Barcelona, both of which I realize are local chains, but both still excellent imo.

Best Thai I've ever had on the East Coast is The Terrace in Hamden.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Is Cavey's Downstairs still there? Used to be one of the best in the state.

Reaction Score
Downtown Hartford has gotten zero love in this thread.

Trumbull Kitchen is my favorite eat/hang out spot. Small menu but great dishes with large portions and their beer list is always top notch. You can find me there pretty much every weekend.

Front St Bistro is fantastic and brand new if any one hasn't tried it yet in the Hartford area I definitely recommend it.

Agave is really delicious and probably gets my vote for best restaurant downtown.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Downtown Hartford has gotten zero love in this thread.

Trumbull Kitchen is my favorite eat/hang out spot. Small menu but great dishes with large portions and their beer list is always top notch. You can find me there pretty much every weekend.

Front St Bistro is fantastic and brand new if any one hasn't tried it yet in the Hartford area I definitely recommend it.

Agave is really delicious and probably gets my vote for best restaurant downtown.
Not a Hartford fan at all, but by far my favorite spot in town is Bin 228.

Elsewhere, a newer place that deserves mention is Bistro Mediterranean in East Haven. IMO best value presently for fresh and interesting fine dining.

Reaction Score
What about night clubs? The hottest place in town is called Brrrrrrrr. It has everything - freaks, skeevs, Spud Webb.

Reaction Score
Didn't read the whole thread so apologize if I missed it, but anyone been to Anna Liffey's Pub in New Haven? Booked it for an event this weekend, heard it's a pretty good spot

Reaction Score
Cheddie. Great list. We must meet for a glass of baby brunello.

What about Cafe Routier in Westbrook. Heard good things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom