OT: Best Restaurants/Food or places to go in CT | The Boneyard

OT: Best Restaurants/Food or places to go in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Huskieforlife

I got this idea from the pizza thread. Credit goes to CTbasketball as i got the idea from his thread.

Reaction Score
Dude, shady glen. The real one on the manchester / bolton line. Get involved. Not healthy by any means, but a cheeseburger like you've never had, solid onion rings, side of cheese (sounds weird but do it), and a great milkshake or sundae - their ice cream is excellent

H

Huskieforlife

Dude, shady glen. The real one on the manchester / bolton line. Get involved. Not healthy by any means, but a cheeseburger like you've never had, solid onion rings, side of cheese (sounds weird but do it), and a great milkshake or sundae - their ice cream is excellent
i know iv had the ice cream. the coffe ice cream with the mini chips are great! do you know if they still havethe mini chips? and if they do you should try it sometime.

Reaction Score
I will tell you which one is most overrated now.......Max's Oyster in West Hartford.

Brought out a couple customers with one of my sales guys for a year end "thank you" right before Xmas and were expecting a great dinner and were disappointed.......

Ordered the Raw Bar Tower for an app, used to have half a dozen shrimp now has 3.........dinners were small and while I get the ala carte deal, no baked potato available, salads are awful and when your bill come to well over 400 for 4 people with not a ton of drinking (went to McLaddens before lol) you would think they would give you a basket of bread instead of coming by every 15 minutes to see if you want a tiny roll????

Awful dinner at a place I used to like a lot!!!

Want good Italian food take a ride to a small place in the X area of Springfield and go to "Typical Sicilian"...........

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I will tell you which one is most overrated now.......Max's Oyster in West Hartford.

Brought out a couple customers with one of my sales guys for a year end "thank you" right before Xmas and were expecting a great dinner and were disappointed.......

Ordered the Raw Bar Tower for an app, used to have half a dozen shrimp now has 3.........dinners were small and while I get the ala carte deal, no baked potato available, salads are awful and when your bill come to well over 400 for 4 people with not a ton of drinking (went to McLaddens before lol) you would think they would give you a basket of bread instead of coming by every 15 minutes to see if you want a tiny roll????

Awful dinner at a place I used to like a lot!!!

Want good Italian food take a ride to a small place in the X area of Springfield and go to "Typical Sicilian"...........
Wow, I've never had a bad experience at a Max restaurant.

Reaction Score
Wow, I've never had a bad experience at a Max restaurant.

Agreed until this year.......they are always very good. This was not.........Max Springfield is losing its luster from what I understand too..........

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score

Went 3 years ago to the free standing Shady Glen, even though I like the cheese hat, restaurant, cole slaw, and shakes, the burger itself tasted like a frozen patty, and I was embarassed having vouched for the place.

Three spots that offer the best burgers : Any Five Guys, Mooyah, or Plan B, West Hartford, for you wealthy folks.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Coyote Blue in Middletown. Awesome 'rita's and very good Tex Mex. Great specials monthly.

C.O. Jones is a Cal Mex joint on State Street in New Haven just north of Modern Pizza. Used to be great. Now pretty good. Dark lighting, tho, hate that.

Friends and Company on Rt 1 at Madison/Guilford line has yet to disappoint after 5 visits.

The Stone House Restaurant in Guilford near the marina...excellent.

The Olive Garden...never been there and i am sure I would be the cousin that never gets the invite to Christmas Eve..

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Went 3 years ago to the free standing Shady Glen, even though I like the cheese hat, restaurant, cole slaw, and shakes, the burger itself tasted like a frozen patty, and I was embarassed having vouched for the place.

Three spots that offer the best burgers : Any Five Guys, Mooyah, or Plan B, West Hartford, for you wealthy folks.

I recently saw a Mooyah in Old Saybrook. Have no idea what it is although it looked like a family burger joint/ You vouchin' for it?

GemParty

Reaction Score
I recently saw a Mooyah in Old Saybrook. Have no idea what it is although it looked like a family burger joint/ You vouchin' for it?

I really like Five Guys, and with an eyes closed taste test Mooyah would be close. These are my fast food chain favorites. I'm sure there are tons of independant restaurants with good burgers too, like Plan B.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I really like Five Guys, and with an eyes closed taste test Mooyah would be close. These are my fast food chain favorites. I'm sure there are tons of independant restaurants with good burgers too, like Plan B.

I like 5 Guys as well. Used to go to the one across from Palmer Field in Middletown after legion baseball games. I think there are better burgers out there though.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Bobby Flay's Bar American in the Mohegan Sun is sensational (steak rubs are great)

Roma's in Oakville one of my favorite Italian restaurants and not many people know about this hidden gem (need reservations)

Chowder Pot in Hartford, wide selection of fresh seafood and I love the Lazy Man's Lobster

Somewhere Near Bangkok in Southington, great Thai food (BYOB)

there you have it, steak, italian, seafood & asian (I'm getting hungry)

Reaction Score
Basta in New Haven ( I think the dish is called Sunday dinner)
Blackies hot dog in Cheshire ( particularly with their relish and mustard )
Wentworth's ice cream ( i think that was the name ) in Hamden

Reaction Score
I got this idea from the pizza thread. Credit goes to CTbasketball as i got the idea from his thread.

Not to be a , but a thread like this really gets more mileage during the off-season.

Reaction Score
I like 5 Guys as well. Used to go to the one across from Palmer Field in Middletown after legion baseball games. I think there are better burgers out there though.

Funny how things change in Legion baseball over the years........back in my day, at least my last year of Legion I was able to stop at Gatsby's or Polly's in Middletown to have a few beers (18 yrs old drinking age) on our way back to Meriden while you did 5 Guys......kind of wished the drinking age was 21 in 1977 LOL

Reaction Score
Not to be a , but a thread like this really gets more mileage during the off-season.

Or during a week off from UConn hoops.......

John think you should start a "Craziest place you ever got a BJ...." thread now huh??;)

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Funny how things change in Legion baseball over the years........back in my day, at least my last year of Legion I was able to stop at Gatsby's or Polly's in Middletown to have a few beers (18 yrs old drinking age) on our way back to Meriden while you did 5 Guys......kind of wished the drinking age was 21 in 1977 LOL

Hahaha times have changed, my friend.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Wish we had one of these in CT

Skyline-Chili_big.jpg

CT 3 favorite dog stands- Sahadi's Hotties New Britain, kind of like Strand sauce chili, Blackies and their relish Waterbury, and Berlin Pizza foot longs. Never was a fan of Capitol Lunch. Their chili is Unique and an aquired taste, but famous non the less.

Reaction Score
Or during a week off from UConn hoops.......

John think you should start a "Craziest place you ever got a BJ...." thread now huh??;)

Fair enough.

• I always liked Dakota Steakhouse, mainly the one in Avon, although Rocky Hill will do in a pinch.
  • SideStreet Cafe in Hamden is a real thole-looking place, but the food is really good.
  • Paul's in Cheshire has the best breakfast.
  • There's a good place in Milford called Rainbow Gardens - the place is kind of geared towards the labial half of the population, but the food is good.
  • I like Sonic when we get a cute waitress.

Reaction Score
Hahaha times have changed, my friend.

Still my favorite place to play though is Palmer.........got to know a lot of good guys from Middletown area because of playing at Middlesex CC back then and then Legion for 4 years, state tourney games and numerous Twilight League games vs Malloves.........played a lot of great venues in the state but always like the little ride up Rt66 as there were always going to be good crowds and great baseball............

Reaction Score
Fair enough.

I always liked Dakota Steakhouse, mainly the one in Avon, although Rocky Hill will do in a pinch.
SideStreet Cafe in Hamden is a real hole-looking place, but the food is really good.
Paul's in Cheshire has the best breakfast.
There's a good place in Milford called Rainbow Gardens - the place is kind of geared towards the labial half of the population, but the food is good.
I like Sonic when we get a cute waitress.

Are these places you like to eat or where you were blown? LOL..........

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Still my favorite place to play though is Palmer.........got to know a lot of good guys from Middletown area because of playing at Middlesex CC back then and then Legion for 4 years, state tourney games and numerous Twilight League games vs Malloves.........played a lot of great venues in the state but always like the little ride up Rt66 as there were always going to be good crowds and great baseball............

I only played at Palmer during my last year of Legion in the state tournament, where we lost to Middletown. CT has some great baseball parks; Palmer, Fussenich, Yale Field, Municipal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom