Ohio State AD...conference will expand...in 5 years or so | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Ohio State AD...conference will expand...in 5 years or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That p5 team beat us in a bowl game. :(
Not that year. All indications suggest that this game was played on September 2, 2010. UConn went to the Fiesta Bowl that year.

Riley Skinner's team beat UConn on Dec. 29 2007.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Not that year. All indications suggest that this game was played on September 2, 2010. UConn went to the Fiesta Bowl that year.

Riley Skinner's team beat UConn on Dec. 29 2007.
I didn't say that year. The implication of the original post, to me, seemed to be that WF was an embarrassment to the p5 without relation to a particular year. My point was that we may want to be careful casting stones at schools who have beaten us.

Reaction Score
j5kn6a.jpg

pj

Reaction Score
The B1G's new FB cover page has quite a noticeable gap. Enough space to fit 2 more school logos I'd say, don't you think?

Big Ten Conference updated their cover photo.
9 hrs ·

One might say that the space was left unfilled so that the B1G logo could be placed there. Conspiracy Kitty would argue otherwise.

The arranged the logos in alphabetical order. Looks like they plan to add two schools with names between "Neb" and "Northw".

Northern Illinois and Northern Iowa to the B1G!

pj

Reaction Score
And, somebody tell Jim Delany we're willing to change our name to the University of Northern Connecticut. UNConn. Maybe there's still time.

Reaction Score
Human frailties??? Tell you what, spread it in the shower for a guy twice your size then come back talking forgiveness.
Since there aren't many(Im 6'3" 225) that much larger than me I'll leave it in gods hands to deal with the abusers of which who are we to judge who did what other than JS at PSU....let it go before you're also poisoned by blind hate!?! The NCAA did!! No one knows for sure except Jopa's hairdresser. Let the deceased RIP or you'll never have any yourself.

Reaction Score
No, it wasn't any of those things you mentioned. I just always thought every one of those guys was a huge jackass.

I disliked Paterno since around 1968 and thought he was a really bad guy, even then. ( I was born/ raised in Pennsylvania). It turns out I was right.

Anyway, like I said , I wish UConn well in the Big Ten if a bid happens. Good luck, guys.

LOL
Human frailties??? Tell you what, spread it in the shower for a guy twice your size then come back talking forgiveness.

Real classy. I'm sorry did Joe abuse a kid in a shower that I wasn't aware of? I'm not sure he needs anyone's forgiveness for acts he didn't commit and information that when provided with was passed along to his superior as was university protocol at the time.

WTF was he supposed to do? Hunt Sandusky down and exact vigilante justice? He wasn't the person allowing him access to PSU facilities. If anything he was vehemently opposed to the distraction of Jerry bringing kids around the facilities after his retirement in 1999. Should he have called the police and told them that he had second hand information, but the source of this information was entirely unclear of what he actually witnessed?

SMH. Mike was a grown ass man who was clearly not alarmed enough by what he witnessed to physically intercede. He told both his father and his father's friend, a respected local doctor, what he believed to have witnessed that same night, and neither advised him to call the police. Again a medical doctor did not find this story compelling enough to advise Mike to call the police. Both men told him to tell his boss what he thought he witnessed instead.

Mike's testimony was so lacking in credibility that when Jerry went to trial he was found guilty of 45 of 48 charges. Of the 3 charges for which he was found not guilty, one was tied to Victim #2. The same mystery kid said to have been witnessed by Mike being abused in a PSU Shower.

With every piece of information that jury was provided on Jerry's crimes, they still found Mike's story to be not credible enough to convict Jerry on the basis of it. In light of this outcome, I'm consistently amazed that people still believe that Joe should have done things differently. Especially with Mike later admitting he provided Joe a much tamer version of the story than he provided Curley/Schultz/Spanier, or later at trial.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The B1G's new FB cover page has quite a noticeable gap. Enough space to fit 2 more school logos I'd say, don't you think?

Big Ten Conference updated their cover photo.
9 hrs ·

One might say that the space was left unfilled so that the B1G logo could be placed there. Conspiracy Kitty would argue otherwise.

That is a strangely curious graphic. I contend that the goal has always been 16 Teams. Both from a scheduling and TV negotiation perspective. Texas is a bridge too far IMO, and has never shown that they can fully be a team player. ND has cast their lot with the ACC(thank God). KU and OU are likely not populous enough states to warrant membership.

Personally I believe Delany's goal has always been UVA and UNC. GT, FSU, and a handful of other schools have all been smokescreens to potentially force the other 2 to act. That said I think both schools are too provincial and far too tied to The ACC as part of their identites.

The two schools The B1G should be focusing on would both meet the majority of metric(save AAU) and give the conference a great footprint with control over 3 separate markets. Midwest, Northeast, and Mid Atlantic. Give me...

nakooturk.jpg

and close up shop forever.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Big Ten has an absolutely massive gap in the beginning of the alphabet.

Reaction Score
The arranged the logos in alphabetical order. Looks like they plan to add two schools with names between "Neb" and "Northw".

Northern Illinois and Northern Iowa to the B1G!

SUNY Buffalo (New York State University) and North Carolina. Both AAU schools. ;)

Reaction Score
That graphic makes sense if you actually look at the FB page. The lower left is where the profile pic goes so it's setup that way so it doesn't block any logos

Reaction Score
That is a strangely curious graphic. I contend that the goal has always been 16 Teams. Both from a scheduling and TV negotiation perspective. Texas is a bridge too far IMO, and has never shown that they can fully be a team player. ND has cast their lot with the ACC(thank God). KU and OU are likely not populous enough states to warrant membership.

Personally I believe Delany's goal has always been UVA and UNC. GT, FSU, and a handful of other schools have all been smokescreens to potentially force the other 2 to act. That said I think both schools are too provincial and far too tied to The ACC as part of their identites.

The two schools The B1G should be focusing on would both meet the majority of metric(save AAU) and give the conference a great footprint with control over 3 separate markets. Midwest, Northeast, and Mid Atlantic. Give me...

nakooturk.jpg

and close up shop forever.

Where did you find that pic? That's funny

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
The Big Ten has an absolutely massive gap in the beginning of the alphabet.

UConn and BC would fit the bill.

Reaction Score
"KU and OU are likely not populous enough states to warrant membership."

Yes, and people overlook the fact that the Big Ten took only one team, and that team-a northern team-was Nebraska. They did not take Missouri, which has more population and a bigger major urban area than KU and OU. The population metrics of the Big 12 are all in Texas-but Texas would almost have to have a football-only membership- all of those other sports would be unsupportable.

While they are in the AAU, Rutgers and Maryland have great academics, but are not quite at the level of Virginia or UNC. The Big Ten does not need to have another Northwestern or Michigan-they have 12 schools-including Nebraska-that are below them. If an "AAU in the future" plan can be seen as "in the spirit", I can see a UConn/Virginia Tech duo coming to the fold. Good Lord, if they are waiting for UNC/UVA, they could be waiting a long time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"KU and OU are likely not populous enough states to warrant membership."

Yes, and people overlook the fact that the Big Ten took only one team, and that team-a northern team-was Nebraska. They did not take Missouri, which has more population and a bigger major urban area than KU and OU. The population metrics of the Big 12 are all in Texas-but Texas would almost have to have a football-only membership- all of those other sports would be unsupportable.

While they are in the AAU, Rutgers and Maryland have great academics, but are not quite at the level of Virginia or UNC. The Big Ten does not need to have another Northwestern or Michigan-they have 12 schools-including Nebraska-that are below them. If an "AAU in the future" plan can be seen as "in the spirit", I can see a UConn/Virginia Tech duo coming to the fold. Good Lord, if they are waiting for UNC/UVA, they could be waiting a long time.

Nebraska can't be viewed through the same lens as the most recent additions, and certainly not of those potentially made in the future. When a school the caliber of Nebraska suddenly becomes "available" you take them. Their addition allowed the conference to stage a lucrative championship game, which offset their payout. They also checked off a lot of the right boxes for preferred members such as AAU(at the time), contiguous state, football pedigree, strong overall AD. Any additions made in the future will likely be made with an eye towards 1)TV Dollars/Markets, and 2)Making Delany's Eastern Expansion a success.

Reaction Score
17 Virginia 18north Carolina 19 Oklahoma 20 texas what well balanced divisions we would have and by the way notre dame kiss my big ten ass

Reaction Score
UConn your good keep doing what you are doing with athletics aau membership takes years but its beautiful that your state is in full support of this and the big definently knows that. They took Nebraska then they got voted out the big knew that was goin to happen but they needed a football blueblood to go with penn st. I see UConn in the same light but in my opinion your light is brighter hundreds of millions of dollars spent on research to try and gain aau status that shows me heart and character and a proven track record of kicking teams asses that they face in the tournament also UConn is a blueblood and we could learn a lot from the women hoopsters to

Reaction Score
UConn your good keep doing what you are doing with athletics aau membership takes years but its beautiful that your state is in full support of this and the big definently knows that. They took Nebraska then they got voted out the big knew that was goin to happen but they needed a football blueblood to go with penn st. I see UConn in the same light but in my opinion your light is brighter hundreds of millions of dollars spent on research to try and gain aau status that shows me heart and character and a proven track record of kicking teams asses that they face in the tournament also UConn is a blueblood and we could learn a lot from the women hoopsters to

Reaction Score
LOL

Real classy. I'm sorry did Joe abuse a kid in a shower that I wasn't aware of? I'm not sure he needs anyone's forgiveness for acts he didn't commit and information that when provided with was passed along to his superior as was university protocol at the time.

WTF was he supposed to do? Hunt Sandusky down and exact vigilante justice? He wasn't the person allowing him access to PSU facilities. If anything he was vehemently opposed to the distraction of Jerry bringing kids around the facilities after his retirement in 1999. Should he have called the police and told them that he had second hand information, but the source of this information was entirely unclear of what he actually witnessed?

SMH. Mike was a grown ass man who was clearly not alarmed enough by what he witnessed to physically intercede. He told both his father and his father's friend, a respected local doctor, what he believed to have witnessed that same night, and neither advised him to call the police. Again a medical doctor did not find this story compelling enough to advise Mike to call the police. Both men told him to tell his boss what he thought he witnessed instead.

Mike's testimony was so lacking in credibility that when Jerry went to trial he was found guilty of 45 of 48 charges. Of the 3 charges for which he was found not guilty, one was tied to Victim #2. The same mystery kid said to have been witnessed by Mike being abused in a PSU Shower.

With every piece of information that jury was provided on Jerry's crimes, they still found Mike's story to be not credible enough to convict Jerry on the basis of it. In light of this outcome, I'm consistently amazed that people still believe that Joe should have done things differently. Especially with Mike later admitting he provided Joe a much tamer version of the story than he provided Curley/Schultz/Spanier, or later at trial.

The excuses are as disgusting as the issue....Stuff happens, what was joe suppose to do, etc. all in the name of psu football. Would you take the same approach if your children were the victims? All for football. Mike should have stopped it immediately and when told by mike joe should have gone to the police. Not as a vigilante but as a decent human being.

Just curious, what is your opinion of the young man killed during football practice? An accident, yes? Gross negligence, yes? Beyond monetary reparations, nothing.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I'm going to stick with what I was told UConn and kansas to big:)

17 Virginia 18north Carolina 19 Oklahoma 20 texas what well balanced divisions we would have and by the way notre dame kiss my big ten ass

If this were to happen The Big 10 would almost have to take more than 20. This scenario would destroy two conferences and many schools would need a home. If the ACC were to fail (it's not going to), The Big12 would be saved as FSU and Clemson would find a home there. If the Big12 were to fail, that would secure The ACC as the 4th major player.

If they both fail? Cats and dogs living together! Mass hysteria!

pj

Reaction Score
If this were to happen The Big 10 would almost have to take more than 20. This scenario would destroy two conferences and many schools would need a home. If the ACC were to fail (it's not going to), The Big12 would be saved as FSU and Clemson would find a home there. If the Big12 were to fail, that would secure The ACC as the 4th major player.

If they both fail? Cats and dogs living together! Mass hysteria!

Can't imagine the TV networks would want so many top teams in one conference. It would be better to have four strong conferences than one or two super-conferences where the biggest games of the year are regular season games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom