Nova, St. John's, Georgetown...all gone | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Nova, St. John's, Georgetown...all gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We retained the rights to the name. Huge difference. Obviously the greatest Bball conference ever created is history. Howver, YOU chose to leave. Get over it. You thought you could do better. Maybe you did. Time will tell.
UConn tried to keep together, D.A.

Reaction Score
16k is impressive for a first year conference tournament with mostly average teams. Good job!

Almost as impressive as less than 12k for the "Elite" programs like yours. I respect UCONN for what you've done but don't talk smack when your own conference situation is a joke and your own tournament is not performing as well, even with the "big names". Our Big East semi final of Seton Hall vs PC and Creighton vs X outdrew your so called marquee semifinal by 33%. FACT. Choke on that

. Too bad you think you'll ever be relevant in big football which is why you are where you are. Next year's AAC finals: Houston vs Cincinatti in Memphis before 9k. Pretty soon you'll be approaching A-10 numbers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
you sold 16k tickets for the game (we know how ticket packages for the BET work, remember we filled the place for 20 years), there were prob 7k people there for the night cap. For a Big East semi at the Garden!

Nope, if you watched on TV you knew it was mostly filled. Unlike other tournaments with 11k or less fans, and even the mighty ACC which had a lot of empty seats disguised as fans despite their inflated numbers. Further I had several friends there last night they said it was a very strong crowd. Also, no matter how much you spin it, 11.8 K is always < 15.5k, so not really sure you have any leg to stand on here. Your conference won't draw, maybe you can move it to somewhere even more irrelevant next year?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
DMac is beginning to sound like an Astros fan trying to argue with a Yankee or Red Sox fan how the National League is a superior league. DMac, call the leagues whatver you want but one huge reality is that you are still PC while we are still UConn.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
When your conference identity is defined by your relationship and reliance on Creighton fans, you're a mid-major. (Thank the stars that Greg McDermott bred his own meal ticket or you might be playing Xavier in front of friends and family.)

But enjoy your evening with the Nebraskans - you've finally found your level.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
I watched the BE game, and for the second game (where there wasn't a school playing from down the street unlike the first), there was nobody upstairs. The closest school to Memphis that played last night was a 5 hr drive (so near 12k isn't that bad), we just need to find a smaller venue. As will you.

Reaction Score
BE Semi: 15,580 >>>>>>>>> AAC Semi: 11,888. :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And yet, you still come over here. Hate??? PC's board invented that!!! Unfounded predictions??? Most PC fans have been telling UConn fans that they are passing us out for NE supremecy. They have been doing that since Welsh was coach!!!
Cooley is going to do "special" things at PC!!! Not yet, and you guys overuse the word "special".

PC was decimated by injuries and suspensions this year; yet will still dance and make the BE tourney final after finishing tied for 3rd in the league. This after being picked middle of the pack before they lost their starting PG, preseason BE ROY favorite and another guy in the 8 man rotation. Some school put up plaques for overcoming that type of adversity.

Reaction Score
When your conference identity is defined by your relationship and reliance on Creighton fans, you're a mid-major. (Thank the stars that Greg McDermott bred his own meal ticket or you might be playing Xavier in front of friends and family.)

But enjoy your evening with the Nebraskans - you've finally found your level.

What do you consider the AAC going forward?

Reaction Score
Almost as impressive as less than 12k for the "Elite" programs like yours. I respect UCONN for what you've done but don't talk smack when your own conference situation is a joke and your own tournament is not performing as well, even with the "big names". Our Big East semi final of Seton Hall vs PC and Creighton vs X outdrew your so called marquee semifinal by 33%. FACT. Choke on that

. Too bad you think you'll ever be relevant in big football which is why you are where you are. Next year's AAC finals: Houston vs Cincinatti in Memphis before 9k. Pretty soon you'll be approaching A-10 numbers.
I wasn't talking smack. For a brand new conference with mostly average teams 16k is impressive.

Reaction Score
I sincerely wish UCONN luck in winning a game in big time football next year. Also I wish you the very best of luck in the AAC for years to come.

nadav

Reaction Score
And by the way, when a PC fan mocks are elite level, are you kidding?

We have 32 NCAA wins, 4 Final Fours and 3 National Titles since you have last won a single tournament game.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
PC was decimated by injuries and suspensions this year; yet will still dance and make the BE tourney final after finishing tied for 3rd in the league. This after being picked middle of the pack before they lost their starting PG, preseason BE ROY favorite and another guy in the 8 man rotation. Some school put up plaques for overcoming that type of adversity.
Enjoy Dayton.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
BE Semi: 15,580 >>>>>>>>> AAC Semi: 11,888. :D
You know how easy it is to drive <2 hours to go to a game? We're down here in another time zone and we still hustle over 66% filled.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
yet will still dance and make the BE tourney final

The dance, from what most bracketologists claim is still not a slam dunk. If another upset or two occur in other conferences, you may be among the first four out. A win tonight will wrap things up (which would be a nice change for your school), after that you can start making plans for your next conference title in 2034.

You had to beat St John's and Seton Hall (each in a game that was far too close to be viewed as impressive) to get to the finals. This is one hell of an opening statement for the new conference.

nadav

Reaction Score
You guys should head back to your Scout board and talk about all the threads dedicated to our hatred for PC, even though there aren't any. Ever.

Reaction Score
The dance, from what most bracketologists claim is still not a slam dunk. If another upset or two occur in other conferences, you may be among the first four out. A win tonight will wrap things up (which would be a nice change for your school), after that you can start making plans for your next conference title in 2034.

You had to beat St John's and Seton Hall (each in a game that was far too close to be viewed as impressive) to get to the finals. This is one hell of an opening statement for the new conference.

The BE's 3rd place team whipped your League Champ. How's that for an opening statement?

Reaction Score
You guys should head back to your Scout board and talk about all the threads dedicated to our hatred for PC, even though there aren't any. Ever.

Biggest lie ever perpetuated on this board. Anyone with integrity would own it.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
Oh how the mighty have fallen… Creighton vs Providence in the reinvented 'Big' East championship

It took getting raided for a decade and kicking out the breadwinners,

just for you small fry, middle men B listers (and I'm being generous), to get into the title game…

the league isn't the same point blank. Its missing too much prestige.

is this real life ??? Lets Go Huskies!!!

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
dislike.jpg
PC fans wanting to revel in a 20 year peak of their perpetual mediocrity on the Boneyard. It's a mojo distractor.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
you sold 16k tickets for the game (we know how ticket packages for the BET work, remember we filled the place for 20 years), there were prob 7k people there for the night cap. For a Big East semi at the Garden!

it's the opposite. The Garden was way fuller than Fed Ex. The UConn beat guys says 5k on Twitter in Memphis. There were more Creighton fans at the afternoon quarter session than that in NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom