Nova, St. John's, Georgetown...all gone | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Nova, St. John's, Georgetown...all gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Biggest lie ever perpetuated on this board. Anyone with integrity would own it.
you would know, I guess, you seem to be on this board a ton more than me.

Internet forum and integrity? hahah. you're a real gem.

nadav

Reaction Score
it's the opposite. The Garden was way fuller than Fed Ex. The UConn beat guys says 5k on Twitter in Memphis. There were more Creighton fans at the afternoon quarter session than that in NYC.

I don't even know what you are saying, but you haven't refuted anything that I wrote.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The BE's 3rd place team whipped your League Champ. How's that for an opening statement?
?????

I know we didn't lose to a BE school this year and I don't believe Louisville did either. As one of the schools I just mentioned will be league champ your statement is similar to one of the many claims over the years (by various PC fans) on how you are a year away from surpassing us for dominance of New England. Also a typical PC response, taking credit for something someone else (in this case another BE school) did.

You just won two postseason tournament games in a row for the first time since Windows 95 and dial-up were all the rage. Shouldn't you be celebrating somewhere on a PC board?

nadav

Reaction Score
the worst team in the history of the PAC-12 "whipped" that same BE 3rd place team. Who cares?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't even know what you are saying, but you haven't refuted anything that I wrote.

I'm saying quite clearly you have it dead wrong. The Garden had good attendance for the Semis, FedEx didn't.

Reaction Score
Oh how the mighty have fallen… Creighton vs Providence in the reinvented 'Big' East championship

It took getting raided for a decade and kicking out the breadwinners,

just for you small fry, middle men B listers (and I'm being generous), to get into the title game…

the league isn't the same point blank. Its missing too much prestige.

is this real life ??? Lets Go Huskies!!!

No one "kicked you out". You whored yourself o
?????

I know we didn't lose to a BE school this year and I don't believe Louisville did either. As one of the schools I just mentioned will be league champ your statement is similar to one of the many claims over the years (by various PC fans) on how you are a year away from surpassing us for dominance of New England. Also a typical PC response, taking credit for something someone else (in this case another BE school) did.

You just won two postseason tournament games in a row for the first time since Windows 95 and dial-up were all the rage. Shouldn't you be celebrating somewhere on a PC board?

League champ is determined in the regular season. Whoever wins today will be tournament champ. Neither uconn or Lville played a BE team...so congrats, hang another plaque.

nadav

Reaction Score
I'm saying quite clearly you have it dead wrong. The Garden had good attendance for the Semis, FedEx didn't.
I didn't say anything about the FedEx being good, big guy. The Big East should be better, they are playing in NYC, at the Garden, and an easy drive for 5 member schools. They sold 3kish more tickets, great for them. BTW: If Memphis made the final (the only team close to Fedex) they would have sold out the last two sessions. Learn how to read before you call people "dead wrong"

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I didn't say anything about the FedEx being good, big guy. The Big East should be better, they are playing in NYC, at the Garden, and an easy drive for 5 member schools. They sold 3kish more tickets, great for them. BTW: If Memphis made the final (the only team close to Fedex) they would have sold out the last two sessions. Learn how to read before you call people "dead wrong"

Whatever buddy. You said there weren't people at the Garden. Still dead wrong.

Pretty stupid to be throwing rocks at them when the AAC tournament has been an invitational for a team leaving the league and the audience disappeared when Memphis lost.

Reaction Score
This is worst than a celebrity divorce. Truth is... Our fan base wouldn't be so pissed at the current BE if we were leaving to the ACC next year w/L'ville. The C7 did to us what were planning to do to them as soon as we got the invite to the promised land, except that the invite never got mailed... FedEx kept it away from us, or perhaps I like to believe they misaddressed it and it will get routed to Storrs eventually.

They outdid us in our own game!

...and now we cry like little girls

As a Connecticut fan, it sucks. We feel betrayal even though we had no loyalty to the Seton Halls of the world, only to the almighty dollar. Early on when the game started they said "there will be winners and losers"... I guess losing once in a while is alright, is it?

Lastly I'll finish of by saying:
If our fan base held itself to the respect it deserves... then this thread wouldn't be here in the first place. Its clear by our attention and actions that we are not happy were we currently stand and that some would prefer to be in the current nBE (at least for basketball) rather than on the ConferenceUSA v3.0 we currently play on (FYI. The Old Big East was CUSA 2.0 if you are wondering). Our best bet is to regroup, continue to root for Connecticut, and to move on. No need to revisit our past or those that currently partially feed of it. Its alright, we are Connecticut fans from the wealthiest state in the Union, Im sure we can survive the fact a group of schools are making money of our image. Let the reformed Big East enjoy its success, they have proud basketball centric programs that we will probably face in the next few years.

Let them be Boys, move on!

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Jeez what a gracious winner…….!

Oh my bad, how the fk would you know how to act you're a fn Friar fan? Sorry;)

Reaction Score
Providence does something semi-relevant for the first time in a decade. How do they celebrate? Trolling the Boneyard. Enjoy that 12 seed.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Somebody's drunk. If you're going to bother banning anyone, then ban this clown. It's obvious he lives for attention on this board.

Reaction Score
Providence fan to friend walking out of msg last night: "hey do you have 4G? I can't wait to see what the boneyard is saying about our game."

Reaction Score
Providence does something semi-relevant for the first time in a decade. How do they celebrate? Trolling the Boneyard. Enjoy that 12 seed.

Coming from the fanbase that still refers to their first Sweet 16 as "the Championship season" that's rich.

Reaction Score
Coming from the fanbase that still refers to their first Sweet 16 as "the Championship season" that's rich.

Which one was that? 89-90? The Dream Season you mean sean - Elite 8 loss to Duke at the buzzer……….by the way check the stats after that for us, what you guys did yesterday was matter-of-fact for us……..don't yourself like the others it's unbecoming…….just sit back and enjoy!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Trading Cuse fans for Creighton fans was a HUGE upgrade
This was a once-in-a-lifetime trip to NYC for Creighton fans. With Mcdermott gone next year it will be interesting to see what happens.

Reaction Score
There might be another two teams next year added to the mix. St Louis and a team to be named later?

Reaction Score
I feel like the Big East should add Wichita State, VCU, Saint Louis. I know 13 is an odd number, but that league gets 6 into the NCAAs every year easy. Could keep the 18 game schedule as well.

nadav

Reaction Score
It was a great crowd for the Big East, I was very impressed.

Just don't call me a liar and then brag about a packed house, when there were 4k empty seats for a Big East Final.

Either way, i'll be rooting for the Friars, despite you all being annoying assholes.

How could we blame you guys for anything??? As if you have any power in the business of NCAA athletics. We get why the C7 moved on, now get lost.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This whole thread is funny to me. We are comparing a league who has held its championship in the same city since the dawn of time against a league who literally just tried out a city for the first time ever, hoping to come to some sort of statistical understanding of the quality of the leagues. All I can say is this; 5 of the teams in the American are in the NCAA tournament, all 5 of which are ranked in the top 25. The AAC championship game featured two of the last three national champions. And it will also be interesting to see tv ratings.

Neither league is even close to the old Big East. But seeing Providence fans coming onto this thread to claim some sort of victory because they had 5k more fans at a regularly played tourney in the most populous city in the world? Laughable, really...

nadav

Reaction Score

How about TV ratings? Is that a metric? Because the FS1 ratings have been a nightmare all season.

Just more LIES from me I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog