Nova, St. John's, Georgetown...all gone | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Nova, St. John's, Georgetown...all gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
There might be another two teams next year added to the mix. St Louis and a team to be named later?
The BE commissioner was recently quoted as saying they are just monitoring, not looking to add at this time. Which is worth a bucket of spit.

Reaction Score
No one "kicked you out". You whored yourself o

League champ is determined in the regular season. Whoever wins today will be tournament champ. Neither uconn or Lville played a BE team...so congrats, hang another plaque.

No.

Incorrect. League champ is the tourney champ.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I'm trying to imaging a bunch of UConn fans going on a Miami Heat message board and posting things like "You guys lost to the Pacers, huh? Well, when Lance Stephenson was on Cincinnati we owned them so UConn is clearly superior to the best team in the NBA."
That's what it's like when Providence fans brag around here.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
One good thing about the NBE is that it keeps UConn's decades of excellence alive. UConn has the most season championships and the most BET titles. These facts get a mention all the time.

Reaction Score
This is worst than a celebrity divorce. Truth is... Our fan base wouldn't be so pissed at the current BE if we were leaving to the ACC next year w/L'ville. The C7 did to us what were planning to do to them as soon as we got the invite to the promised land, except that the invite never got mailed... FedEx kept it away from us, or perhaps I like to believe they misaddressed it and it will get routed to Storrs eventually.

They outdid us in our own game!

...and now we cry like little girls

As a Connecticut fan, it sucks. We feel betrayal even though we had no loyalty to the Seton Halls of the world, only to the almighty dollar. Early on when the game started they said "there will be winners and losers"... I guess losing once in a while is alright, is it?
Lastly I'll finish of by saying: If our fan base held itself to the respect it deserves... then this thread wouldn't be here in the first place. Its clear by our attention and actions that we are not happy were we currently stand and that some would prefer to be in the current nBE (at least for basketball) rather than on the ConferenceUSA v3.0 we currently play on (FYI. The Old Big East was CUSA 2.0 if you are wondering). Our best bet is to regroup, continue to root for Connecticut, and to move on. No need to revisit our past or those that currently partially feed of it. Its alright, we are Connecticut fans from the wealthiest state in the Union, Im sure we can survive the fact a group of schools are making money of our image. Let the reformed Big East enjoy its success, they have proud basketball centric programs that we will probably face in the next few years.

Let them be Boys, move on!

There is nothing more annoying and childish than a poster (troll) pretending to be a UCONN fan.

Reaction Score
Coming from the fanbase that still refers to their first Sweet 16 as "the Championship season" that's rich.
What the hell are you referring to Sean. In 1964 UConn played Duke in the E-8. UConn made the sweet 16 under Dee Rowe in the 70's. Also in the late 70's UConn beat Providence for what was called the NE championship and the right to go to the tourney.
So if you are referring to some UConn excitement in 1990 to making the sweet 16, yeah, we probably were happy about that on our way to the E-8 that year.

Reaction Score
Coming from the fanbase that still refers to their first Sweet 16 as "the Championship season" that's rich.
You may be confused. I believe you are thinking of 1999, 2004, or 2011. I tend to consider myself a part of the UConn fan base, and I don't think we refer to Sweet Sixteens as championships. Must be a Providence thing.

Reaction Score
Classy post FriarJ. This coming from a guy who once posted on a Friar board he "hopes UConn & Rutgers get stuck in a clusterf^ck of a conference".
If I, or any UConn fan posted what you did above, on a PC board they would be banned for life, yet you remain!!!
BTW, congrats on your conference championship last night. You moved from last 4 out to probably a 9th seed. UConn should be a 5th seed. PC would play the 10th seed in round 1. I have no idea if UConn & PC will ever meet in this years tourney. If we do, just remember, this won't be some mid season conference game. I know PC would bring it's all in this game. But, also remember, this won't be some mid season conference game where UConn might have overlooked PC on it's way to Pitt or Syracuse. UConn, a team that has beaten 6 ranked teams this year, including #1 Fla. will also, most definitely, bring it's all too.
Speaking of #1, Fla. is a hell of a team, but, nobody is playing like Louisville. They probably get a #3 seed. God bless you guys if you ever get them. Outside of the NBA, no hoop team in this country is getting by them. You guys deserve them.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Whatever buddy. You said there weren't people at the Garden. Still dead wrong.

Pretty stupid to be throwing rocks at them when the AAC tournament has been an invitational for a team leaving the league and the audience disappeared when Memphis lost.
your arguments are baseless Whale - MSG should be filled no matter what, in any college semi and final, due to alum living in the tri state area proximity- especially to the new Big Least schools (in general). Memphis is not geographically centric.

Reaction Score
There is nothing more annoying and childish than a poster (troll) pretending to be a UCONN fan.

I heard that many times before. Ha. Sorry for not being the irrational idiot that feels the need to bash the nBE

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
And your first championship season was? Oh yeah holding your breath waiting for it- at least you have a hockey team - there isn't much else there
PC will never see 1 in your lifetime never mind 3
FYI dolt - the "Championship Season" refers to the Big East regular season championship - when the Big East was the real Big East

Reaction Score
Classy post FriarJ. This coming from a guy who once posted on a Friar board he "hopes UConn & Rutgers get stuck in a clusterf^ck of a conference".
If I, or any UConn fan posted what you did above, on a PC board they would be banned for life, yet you remain!!!
BTW, congrats on your conference championship last night. You moved from last 4 out to probably a 9th seed. UConn should be a 5th seed. PC would play the 10th seed in round 1. I have no idea if UConn & PC will ever meet in this years tourney. If we do, just remember, this won't be some mid season conference game. I know PC would bring it's all in this game. But, also remember, this won't be some mid season conference game where UConn might have overlooked PC on it's way to Pitt or Syracuse. UConn, a team that has beaten 6 ranked teams this year, including #1 Fla. will also, most definitely, bring it's all too.
Speaking of #1, Fla. is a hell of a team, but, nobody is playing like Louisville. They probably get a #3 seed. God bless you guys if you ever get them. Outside of the NBA, no hoop team in this country is getting by them. You guys deserve them.

Please, the "we overlooked you guys" argument is WEEEEAAAAAK and so far from the truth. As far as L'ville. Ain't a bull that can't be rode. Ain't a rider that can't be throwed.

I still like UF.

Reaction Score
I heard that many times before. Ha. Sorry for not being the irrational idiot that feels the need to bash the nBE
Do you have your PC season tickets mailed to your home or office?

Reaction Score
Please, the "we overlooked you guys" argument is WEEEEAAAAAK and so far from the truth. As far as L'ville. Ain't a bull that can't be rode. Ain't a rider that can't be throwed.

I still like UF.
a
Oh contrare Seanzo!!! On at least two years when PC won, the games were in early Feb, and PC didn't win another game all year. Meanwhile UConn went deep in the tourney. That means a poor team happened to beat a very good team. It happens in conference play. If we did overlook PC in those years, my message to FriarJ is, in a tourney game, should we meet, we ain't overlooking PC or anybody else.
Seeming that you are into bull riding (amongst other things bull related) I hope you guys get to ride Louisville's bull. Let's see what you would say after that bull riding session.

Reaction Score
Do you have your PC season tickets mailed to your home or office?

lol. i have no affiliation to PC, never been to a single game there. my team are Stony Brook and Connecticut. but the constant bashing here is getting tiring. The fans of Connecticut can't get over the past. Again, move on boys

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
lol. i have no affiliation to PC, never been to a single game there. my team are Stony Brook and Connecticut. but the constant bashing here is getting tiring. The fans of Connecticut can't get over the past. Again, move on boys

Nah, dude.

Your slip has been showing for some time now.

Give it up and go away.

I do have to say that it's precious to see Providence fans trying to scoreboard UConn.

They are completely adorable.

Reaction Score
He is not a PC fan but he has made it clear that he is first and foremost a Stony Brook fan, then a New England college fan (besides PC and BC) and lastly, a UCONN fan.

There is nothing wrong with someone who enjoys but isn't crazy about UCONN basketball and he is obviously going to have a different mindset from the diehards.

Reaction Score
a
Oh contrare Seanzo!!! On at least two years when PC won, the games were in early Feb, and PC didn't win another game all year. Meanwhile UConn went deep in the tourney. That means a poor team happened to beat a very good team. It happens in conference play. If we did overlook PC in those years, my message to FriarJ is, in a tourney game, should we meet, we ain't overlooking PC or anybody else.
Seeming that you are into bull riding (amongst other things bull related) I hope you guys get to ride Louisville's bull. Let's see what you would say after that bull riding session.

Oh,

You only overlook PC when you lose; got it.

Reaction Score
Oh,

sean seriously this is simple……..UConn was not as good on those nights and some were only because PC was better for the night, happens right? And some were on the lack of focus for UConn teams who were obviously better than PC………it is that simple! If you want we can say PC should have been better but not even making NIT's make the story clear…….they also had trouble and lost to USF a couple of times…….!!

Reaction Score
Oh,

Duhhh, yeah, Sean, if UConn loses to a team that doesn't win another game with 1 1/2 more months to go in the regular season it usually means the superior team didn't play it's best.
Not only PC-UConn, but a few years ago, UConn beat PC in either late Jan. or early Feb. About 2 weeks later, #1 at the time, Pitt comes into the Dunk and gets upset by you guys. From that point on PC doesn't win another game.
Don't you think that #1 Pitt team overlooked you???
Rarely, over the past 20+ years has PC been the better team than UConn. I'm talking about the entire season. PC usually has that 1 WTF win each season. Probably because they caught that team with their jocks down.
Hell, you guys have played us pretty even over the years. UMass & BC, our other jealous NE rivals have not. So yeah, you have something to hang your hat on with us. Should we meet in the tourney nobody will overlook you. That's my point.

Reaction Score
He is not a PC fan but he has made it clear that he is first and foremost a Stony Brook fan, then a New England college fan (besides PC and BC) and lastly, a UCONN fan.

There is nothing wrong with someone who enjoys but isn't crazy about UCONN basketball and he is obviously going to have a different mindset from the diehards.

No, you got second and third swapped. 2) Connecticut 3) Northeast ;)

I must admit I could never be a diehard. At least not for a while. I haven't been around long enough. I've only been a Connecticut fan since 2011. Maybe that's the reason why I don't hate the nBE like everyone else. But I do enjoy Connecticut basketball A LOT. My attachment to them only grows. I'm glad you get it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom