Nova, St. John's, Georgetown...all gone | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Nova, St. John's, Georgetown...all gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yup. Jealousy.

We are really jealous of PC coming off your dream season and now having a chance to play Seton Hall. Jealousy.

You are really an idiot.

We are jealous SU playing Duke and UNC, not PC playing Seton Hall. Moron.

I don't know if Jealousy is precisely the feeling. But there is so much hate here, for no real reason. So I wouldn't call him an idiot for saying the obvious....

I think we as a fan base need to focus more on continuing a good relationship with the northeast schools instead of advocating for their demise. A strong Northeast region helps everyone including Connecticut. These teams will be scheduled in the future and also keeps people in the Northeast enthusiastic about College basketball. Do we want a region filled with BCUs? I doubt it...

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I don't know if Jealousy is precisely the feeling. But there is so much hate here, for no real reason. So I wouldn't call him an idiot for saying the obvious....

Ok. I won't call him an idiot for that. He is an idiot for all his other posting on this site. That is not disputable.

sdhusky

Reaction Score

Still looking for validation?

Reaction Score
How do you think Tulane and East Carolina will do?

Good God you're a rock head. Again, what I'm saying has nothing to with the AAC. It's not great and will be worse next year. Can we get past that?

I have been conveying nostalgia for the Old Big East. The good Big East. The best basketball conference that ever existed and that we got to be a part of it. The AAC is nowhere close. The new Big East isn't either and is worsse than the AAC this year and will be a worse conference next year than this. Both are clearly worse off but that wasn't even the point.

The Big East is a sad shell of its former self and its sad.

Reaction Score
So much Noise...

In other news. Is it me or does MSG look Packed right now. Unreal

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
if its such a craphole why are you here? waste your time in your own blog

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Why are we arguing about the Big East over here, when UCF is challenging # 13 Cincinnati? UConn fans can reminisce but we have a team in the AAC Tournament. Those who remain in the Big East can try and cling to the past all they want if it makes them sleep better at night, but the Big East is what it is and it isn't what it used to be. No one else is fooled?

Reaction Score
the Big East was giving away tickets for free to the Big East. you can buy them for $10 apiece on the street. tomorrow's tickets will be even less. Creighton is saving attendance but incremental Creighton fans are not arriving, so today is the peak

The AAC conference sucks. No one is traveling to these games, maybe if Memphis plays Louisville in the final it will be packed, otherwise, no. The five teams who are in are in and the other five are not. These games mean nothing. And in two years when the tourney is Orlando, it will be an even bigger joke. Orlando? Really? to see ECU, Tulsa, Tulane, Houston and UCF battle it out on a Thursday? Take me through how a Uconn player or fan is going to give a rat's ass about that.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Take me through how a Uconn player or fan is going to give a rat's ass about that.

Well, if you more into competing and winning than the venue, you will give a rat's ass.

If you are really more into looking at the size of the venue, well, there is NASCAR for you.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
the Big East was giving away tickets for free to the Big East. you can buy them for $10 apiece on the street. tomorrow's tickets will be even less. Creighton is saving attendance but incremental Creighton fans are not arriving, so today is the peak

The AAC conference sucks. No one is traveling to these games, maybe if Memphis plays Louisville in the final it will be packed, otherwise, no. The five teams who are in are in and the other five are not. These games mean nothing. And in two years when the tourney is Orlando, it will be an even bigger joke. Orlando? Really? to see ECU, Tulsa, Tulane, Houston and UCF battle it out on a Thursday? Take me through how a Uconn player or fan is going to give a rat's ass about that.
I always feel better about myself after I'm done reading your posts. If only so I can reaffirm that my life is not as shatty as yours.

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
The only basketball fans left in Manhattan right now are from Nebraska.

Best place to find a real, live Big East fan right now is on an Amtrak train.

Or in Memphis. Or in Greensboro.

The "Van Halen Conference" (so named, of course, because this version of the "Big East" is as much the Big East as "Van Halen" was Van Halen in the Sammy Hagar years) is a glorified Mid-Major.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

As someone who scalped his way into the afternoon session there were no $10 tickets on the street.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Hell, the A10 last year cost me 30 per. I imagine the Van Halen Conference is on par with that as their league is about equal.

Reaction Score
Nova's loss likely hands Duke the 1 seed in the East/NYC no matter what Duke does in the ACC.

Reaction Score
Or in Memphis. Or in Greensboro.

The "Van Halen Conference" (so named, of course, because this version of the "Big East" is as much the Big East as "Van Halen" was Van Halen in the Sammy Hagar years) is a glorified Mid-Major.

Five of the original eight members sounds good enough for me...

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Five of the original eight members sounds good enough for me...

Mmmm hmmm, and everyone was in "Van Halen" but David Lee Roth. So point made.

caw

Reaction Score
As someone who scalped his way into the afternoon session there were no $10 tickets on the street.

Find a better scalper, I paid 12. I was curious what it would be like this year. It's nice, but it's not the same as previous years. The crowd isn't nearly as energized, IMO. I think that was the final BET game I'll go to.

Reaction Score
They really need to dial down the bull$hit on ESPN acting like this Big East is even on the same planet as the old one.

I just read an article saying that PC got to their first BET semifinal game in 17 years, and they don't mention at all why that might be the case.

Reaction Score
They really need to dial down the bull$hit on ESPN acting like this Big East is even on the same planet as the old one.

I just read an article saying that PC got to their first BET semifinal game in 17 years, and they don't mention at all why that might be the case.

That is what they paid $110m for. They get to hold onto the storied history and the record books. They can now go back to the 1980s and be a hoops conference.

UConn's cut of that money will keep things afloat while waiting for the B1G rescue ship.

Reaction Score
Kevin, I think the AAC tourney just becomes another conference tournament that most people don't care about going forward. Oh from time to time someone will run from the back and earn a bid. Maybe a team gets in or out based on what it does in the first round, but reality is that most of these tournaments are of little or no value and really nobody cares. How many people do you think are rearranging their plans to go to the A-10 tournament? Attendance for our game with Memphis was around 13000 which was pretty good I thought. My guess is it will be more like 8-10 the rest of the way now that Memphis is out. Playing these games in venues like this really doesn't make a ton of sense. The Palestra or someplace with a capacity of under 10,000 is the future. The A-10 is playing at the Barclays Center. They had 6100 for UMass-URI. That makes sense? I think the American as it want to be called, should look into dumping its tournament and replace it with 2 more conference games, played on tournament weekend.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Find a better scalper, I paid 12. I was curious what it would be like this year. It's nice, but it's not the same as previous years. The crowd isn't nearly as energized, IMO. I think that was the final BET game I'll go to.

I work just blocks from MSG and I refuse to go to any new BET games. The last BET game I went to was UConn's last BET win and that was very memorable thanks to Kemba.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I work just blocks from MSG and I refuse to go to any new BET games. The last BET game I went to was UConn's last and that was very memorable thanks to Kemba.

????

UCONN's last BET game was a quarterfinal loss to Cuse in 2012. Kemba was in the NBA.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
????

UCONN's last BET game was a quarterfinal loss to Cuse in 2012. Kemba was in the NBA.

I have erased that game from my memory! I should have said "last BET win" .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom