Nova, St. John's, Georgetown...all gone | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nova, St. John's, Georgetown...all gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sad? We have Houston playing in our semis and it's not 1983. They play in front of 1500 for their home games.

I'm not a big Big East defender but we our casting a heckuva a lot of stones at them when the AAC is going to be losing a lot of cred when Louisville heads off the greener pastures.

Well, my comments had nothing to do with the AAC. That said, even without Louisville the AAC will have probably 3 programs better than any in the Big East going forward with only Nova being of the same caliber.

Anyway, my point was that it is sad to see the state of the current Big East thinking back to what used to be.

caw

Reaction Score
Well, my comments had nothing to do with the AAC. That said, even without Louisville the AAC will have probably 3 programs better than any in the Big East going forward with only Nova being of the same caliber.

Anyway, my point was that it is sad to see the state of the current Big East thinking back to what used to be.

Have to wonder how good Creighton will be after these seniors graduate. Are there any younger McDermotts for pops to recruit?

Reaction Score
The sad truth is that no matter how much hate there is around here the Big East will continue to draw well... MSG is MSG, NYC is NYC, College basketball is NYC. Its a combinations of factors that guarantee a good draw. A fan from Nebreaska and middle of nowhere America is willing to make a three day trip to NYC... but it would never work the other way around and that's precisely what our AAC tournament lacks. Whodafuk wants to go to Memphis?

Reaction Score
Have to wonder how good Creighton will be after these seniors graduate. Are there any younger McDermotts for pops to recruit?

I think the chances are good that Butler never returns to the level they were with Stevens. The chances are also good that Creighton returns to obscurity when McDermott et al leave after this year.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Saw an NBA guy on Twitter tweet that an NBA scout at MSG said he was glad Nova lost because every NBA team knows they don't have a single potential pro on their roster lol. They'd rather see some of the other BE teams (though I'm sure they'll be disappointed there as well).

And this is the #3 team in the nation and Big East regular season champ. My how the times have changed.
What, they don't see Archi Cianfrocco going places?

caw

Reaction Score
The sad truth is that no matter how much hate there is around here the Big East will continue to draw well... MSG is MSG, NYC is NYC, College basketball is NYC. Its a combinations of factors that guarantee a good draw. A fan from Nebreaska and middle of nowhere America is willing to make a three day trip to NYC... but it would never work the other way around and that's precisely what our AAC tournament lacks. Whodafuk wants to go to Memphis?

Good or bad the ACC may try and steal MSG and that would kill the C7.

Reaction Score
I think the chances are good that Butler never returns to the level they were with Stevens. The chances are also good that Creighton returns to obscurity when McDermott et al leave after this year.

How do you think Tulane and East Carolina will do?

Reaction Score
Good or bad the ACC may try and steal MSG and that would kill the C7.

will the Carolina centric ACC (Duke, Wake, UNC, NC St.) allow this? or would they want this? It would be a great move, but how likely is this to happen?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Jeezus, expand your horizons a little. Memphis is a great city.

Reaction Score
Jeezus, expand your horizons a little. Memphis is a great city.

NYC is the best city in the world... why should I expand my horizon? My horizon is the Hudson River to the west, East River to the East, and The New York Harbor to the South

Sorry, I guess I'm just another New Yorker

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
NYC is the best city in the world... why should I expand my horizon? My horizon is the Hudson River to the west, East River to the East, and The New York Harbor to the South

Sorry, I guess I'm just another New Yorker
You can have it...It's good for a visit, but my need for fresh air hits a fever pitch around 24:02:00.
Obviously, just my opinion. I love experiencing different things in different places.

Reaction Score
You can have it...It's good for a visit, but my need for fresh air hits a fever pitch around 24:02:00.
Obviously, just my opinion. I love experiencing different things in different places.

I was just being a bit obnoxious. LOL... but In all seriousness I'm a bit of a traveler also. Its good to go out there and visit places... If only I wasn't broke, but that's a different story...

Reaction Score
Sad? We have Houston playing in our semis and it's not 1983. They play in front of 1500 for their home games. There are un ranked women's basketball teams that could average what Houston averaged this year.

I'm not a big Big East defender but we our casting a heckuva a lot of stones at them when the AAC is going to be losing a lot of cred when Louisville heads off for greener pastures.

HAVE YOU SEEN THEIR ATHLETES?

You can diss Houston all you want. I actually think, and yes I will give James Dickey a smidgen of credit, they could be a damn good team with the right motivator and the right fit of 8 players. I give Dickey credit for getting them into school and recruiting. And that Young kid at Oregon could have been useful. They, also, are young on that roster.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Can we stop with the NBE? I mean there is exactly 1 member of the C7 that is getting a bid and that team just got beat by a CYO team that is making it's first quarterfinal appearance in 13 years. The AAC may not turn out to be much, but 2 of the 3 teams from the BE are tourney teams. The C7 was the ass-end of the BE caravan and even without the power schools they are still terrible, all of them.

Reaction Score
How do you think Tulane and East Carolina will do?

Having your crud schools never improve is very different than having your second best school drop to the level of Butler. The equivalent would be to ask what happens if Cincy or Memphis pull a Temple?

Reaction Score
Having your crud schools never improve is very different than having your second best school drop to the level of Butler. The equivalent would be to ask what happens if Cincy or Memphis pull a Temple?

Butler is the 2nd best program in the Big East? According to who? You?

Cincinnati hasn't made the Final Four since 1992 and people act like Georgetown and Marquette who are having down years this year and who consistently finished ahead of Cincinnati in the Big East standings the last several seasons can't easily turn it around in coming years and compare to Cincinnati as a program. People who believe that probably also believe that SMU will be great when Larry Brown moves on in a year or two.

I'm not a fan of the Big East at all. They don't get the exposure on that Fox channel and lack great teams. But once Louisville is gone, they will be a comparable if not better league top to bottom than the AAC. And that's a reality some will come to grips with later if they haven't already.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Yup. Jealousy.

We are really jealous of PC coming off your dream season and now having a chance to play Seton Hall. Jealousy.

You are really an idiot.

We are jealous SU playing Duke and UNC, not PC playing Seton Hall. Moron.

sdhusky

Reaction Score

Ummm, suggesting that SU has a great BB program and coach isn't sucking up. It's a fact.

Just like saying that PC is a pathetic piece of dog crap for a program isn't an insult. It's a fact.

Seriously, this was PC biggest game in about 20 years. That's sad.

Reaction Score
Sadly, or maybe appropriately, the big east is officially dead. Whats the over/under on empty seats for Sat?

Reaction Score
Sadly, or maybe appropriately, the big east is officially dead. Whats the over/under on empty seats for Sat?

I'm flipping through the channels now and they seem to be having good crowds on TV from where I am watching. A lot of Creighton fans.

Reaction Score
Butler is the 2nd best program in the Big East? According to who? You?

Cincinnati hasn't made the Final Four since 1992 and people act like Georgetown and Marquette who are having down years this year and who consistently finished ahead of Cincinnati in the Big East standings the last several seasons can't easily turn it around in coming years and compare to Cincinnati as a program. People who believe that probably also believe that SMU will be great when Larry Brown moves on in a year or two.

I'm not a fan of the Big East at all. They don't get the exposure on that Fox channel and lack great teams. But once Louisville is gone, they will be a comparable if not better league top to bottom than the AAC. And that's a reality some will come to grips with later if they haven't already.

Huh? You clearly misread what was written.

The poster you responded to said that Creighton might drop after losing McDermott like Butler dropped. You responded to him, and I responded to what you wrote.

In other words, I was referring to the possibility of Creighton becoming like Butler, which is far different than Tulane remaining like... um, Tulane.

sdhusky

Reaction Score

Sad? Like you coming to this board for personal validation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom