Nova Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Nova Post Game Thread

MJ1

Reaction Score
Providence send thanks to UConn as the Friars are one step closer to their first regular season Big East Championship.

Reaction Score
Nova base is highly upset about the jump call and the charge.
Nova base can SAD as they say.

Refs gifted them a bunch of calls all night. Plus the BS Hurley ejection and 4 freebie foul shots.

They got home cookin at an away game. Let them whine. Schaudenfreude.

Reaction Score
Please, make sure to put Polley is in on offense at end of games. We can't play both Jackson and Whaley at the end of games on offense as they can't hit shots. Having Polley in just opens the lanes and stops teams from sagging up on us. Great shot by Polley and Cole with that clutch right hand layup.
Exactly! I was going crazy that we weren't doing offense-defense subs late. Need a shooter on the floor for spacing and 3pt threat. Then Gillespie was bullying Cole around causing doubles and switches on other end. But we fight and are super athletic and this time found a way to close it!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Providence send thanks to UConn as the Friars are one step closer to their first regular season Big East Championship.
Reschedule the game. And Creighton too.

Reaction Score
Loved Hawkins defense tonight and that little pocket pass he has in his bag of tricks is nasty.

An underrated improvement recently - Gaffney has been at least a net neutral on the court, and has actually contributed some really good minutes (again, all relative, but still). If he can give Cole 10-12 minutes of rest where he just runs the pick and roll and maybe shoots a little, whatever it takes to keep the offense from falling off a cliff, makes a huge difference in close games.

Reaction Score
Damn I'm happy. What a win. From the jump the players were ready. For many of them this was their first big home game as a Husky. The first time they got to experience a legit home crowd. Very happy for them.

Reaction Score
Apropos of nothing, the abject bitterness of the Syracuse fan base on nights like this is really great. Puts a smile on my face and warms my heart.

Thank god Jackson and Akok saw the logjam of talent at their positions in that dystopian wasteland and decided to come to Storrs.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
First, a hard fought and great victory - a great OBE flashback game
This is a win that could go a long way with this team, however when they look at the tapes they need to realize that they can't keep going to the "feed Sanogo well" when it just isn't there. I honestly think UConn would have won by at least 5 if they didnt have those turnovers in the 2:30 to 1:06 time in the 2nd half
Overall UConn's defense was very effective and they had a good plan on Gillespie. Too many open 3s due to double team strategy and 12 threes is a lot to give up.
This team had to know it could beat this Nova team and they did. Now they have to take Uncle Mo and keep it going forward.
It was a most enjoyable game and listening to Kimani was an eye opener - this guy is going to be a really good coach down the road. He and Tom Moore were playing good guy bad guy with the refs.
Speaking of the refs - irresponsible in my opinion to throw Hurley out on that 2nd T. DH did poke his finger in the refs face earlier in the game and was warned twice so I can see the 1st T but the second? Complete ego move by the ref.
Last thing - DH - please watch your mouth (or turn down the volume) if this ever happens again - I thought the lady sitting 4 seats down from Mora was going to have a heart attack when she heard that colorful name at the ref. There were more than a few cringes from folks on that one. Overall the refs weren't bad but the ongoing problem of calling a consistent game must be a lost art.
AGAIN - GREAT WIN

Reaction Score
Happy for all the kids and coaches and us! Definitely stuck together and showed toughness. Sanogo showed some nice leadership tonight trying to calm people down. They all really seem to have each other's back. If Jackson can control his emotions and speed and figure out a drive to the basket it's going to be so fun to watch. Happy to come out on the good side! Let's enjoy this win!!!!!!

Reaction Score
We talk Gampel vs XL But THAT, was the best homecourt in the big east. I’m concluding wherever excited UConn fans are is the best home court
The crowd seemed amazing. The only negative at XL tonight was that there was water all over the court. It seemed like everyone was slipping. Could that insulation be repaired?

But please disregard this comment if you’re still just celebrating like crazy!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Fox Sports seemed to be having trouble with the volume inside the XL tonight. The crowd noise feed kept breaking in and out when things got really wild. Great job everyone!

I lost my voice. I started to sound like a kid going through puberty

Not happy about that. Was working James Breeding whenever I got the chance

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom