Nova Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Nova Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Providence send thanks to UConn as the Friars are one step closer to their first regular season Big East Championship.
with an asterisk because of the jumbled schedule.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
What a game! That was a solid A game start to finish, textbook turnaround in the last 2mins - Kimani stepped up and kept to a solid gameplan. Love the O charge Gillespie picked up. That 2nd T for Hurley was ridiculous so undeserved. This is a game we'll be talking about for years, I totally get the storming of the court - Kimani had a great response to it in the post interview.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Nova base is highly upset about the jump call and the charge.
It was a charge. It was guard-to-guard. Gillespie's leg(s) crashed into Cole's. There is no way Cole was gonna stand when a strong kid's leg's jump into his.

And the jump ball call- laughable they would whine about that.

Reaction Score
I'll start off by saying F James Breeding. With that out of the way, Gillespie was CLEARLY hunting for a foul both on the tie-up and the charge call and was not attempting to make a legit basketball play in either instance. Was the tie-up probably a foul? Sure (though definitely a bit of a toss-up play), but I do like that the refs did not award Gillespie just playing for the foul.
The tie up wasn't a foul. They aren't playing touch basketball.

Reaction Score
Saw the game in person and I have to say that was the most exciting game I’ve seen live in a long, long time. High intensity, heavyweight fight from the onset. From Andre’s alley in the beginning to the charge call on Gillespie at the end (how perfect?) couldn’t ask for anything more in a game Been waiting eight years for a game like that - Cole was incredible. So proud of these guys. Especially the way they played D.

Reaction Score
Congrats on finally beating us little brother. It’s kind of sad to see the court storming and how happy you are to have barely beaten us at home with some controversial calls.

You know we’re going to beat you in the BET and you’re going to lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament right? The funny thing is if Hurley was coaching at the end of the game you would have lost, the guy is a clown and a choker

Reaction Score
The tie up wasn't a foul. They aren't playing touch basketball.
I mean, it was a foul but the refs, for all their faults, were pretty consistent all night in not rewarding players playing for the foul and it didn’t stop there. Gillespie’s goal was clearly to get that ball and draw the foul. He had no intentions of advancing that ball at all.

Reaction Score
I mean, it was a foul but the refs, for all their faults, were pretty consistent all night in not rewarding players playing for the foul and it didn’t stop there. Gillespie’s goal was clearly to get that ball and draw the foul. He had no intentions of advancing that ball at all.
I didn't think it was a foul. Any time you get trapped, and the ball is at your waist, I don't think they ever would call a foul in that situation. Other players reach in during those traps and imo 99% of the time it is a jump ball, if you are trapped.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
I didn't think it was a foul. Any time you get trapped, and the ball is at your waist, I don't think they ever would call a foul in that situation. Other players reach in during those traps and imo 99% of the time it is a jump ball, if you are trapped.
I just went and looked at it again. Gillespie travelled before the tie up. He didn't take a single dribble yet he took about 5 steps. He changed his pivot foot twice.

Reaction Score
Congrats on finally beating us little brother. It’s kind of sad to see the court storming and how happy you are to have barely beaten us at home with some controversial calls.

You know we’re going to beat you in the BET and you’re going to lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament right? The funny thing is if Hurley was coaching at the end of the game you would have lost, the guy is a clown and a choker
Little brother huh? You have a lot to learn little boy but thank you for your interest in UConn basketball. There’s a chance Jay Wright can achieve the things Jim Calhoun did but for now it’s not close.

And Flop? Perfect for a nova fan! Lol

Reaction Score
This was a watershed game for CT and NE basketball. This team was glue, locktite! Pride all around, well deserved. Neither team backed down. Brusing type of game. We shut down their back down game and balanced out their 3 point shooting with timely shots. Cole has the heart of a lion and game to match.

Hartford needed this game, it will help get offices open, business back and pride in our brand. Hugs to all Huskies!

Reaction Score
Death, taxes, and Danny Hurley rebuilding a program.

Death, taxes, and a Dan Hurley coached team peaking at the right time.

I am torn with which one to use today.

Reaction Score
If there a law against us locking Dan up in the locker room until this season is over?? After that must be why they call it a Locker Room right?
Have you guys lost your sense of humor?

Reaction Score
For you golfers out there, this reminds me of (one of) Tiger’s comeback a decade+ ago in this Nike commercial

The Big East is and should be scared….

Let’s be smart fans and hold off bragging until we do some serious damage at MSG and the NCAA tournament. Oh yes I am happy as all hell let’s brag once we have the goods.

Reaction Score
What a game! That was a solid A game start to finish, textbook turnaround in the last 2mins - Kimani stepped up and kept to a solid gameplan. Love the O charge Gillespie picked up. That 2nd T for Hurley was ridiculous so undeserved. This is a game we'll be talking about for years, I totally get the storming of the court - Kimani had a great response to it in the post interview.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where is a copy of that interview?

Reaction Score
1645623307616.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member