Nova Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Nova Post Game Thread

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That was just a hell of a Big East basketball game. The likes of which required UConn to be part of the league. They really gutted it out after I thought they had blown it.

Amazing D on. Gillespie by Hawkins when he was in, he absolutely owned him. Jackson was good too. Hurley, well, not his best look and he cost the team.

Reaction Score
Couple things which I was going to say win or lose.

The refs were really good overall, called some things they normally don’t and let things go that Nova gets a lot. Solid job.

The game plan was really good by DH and the staff on D. If they shoot 30% from 3 we win easy but give Nova credit they buried 45% of theirs. To focus on taking away the one on ones and interior you know they’re going to get some perimeter looks. But they made them work so damn hard to score up close they were never comfortable finishing near the rim. Everyone did their job, no one hardly ever was jumping on the ball fake. Just a solid effort and plan very nice kudos to all.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What a TEAM effort. Everyone that stepped on the court tonight contributed. Gaffney hit a 3. Hawk had the midrange shot and stepped up on back to back defensive possessions AGAIN. Polley big 3s. Martin big 3s. Jackson 8 assists and making Gillespie uncomfortable all night. Whaley with 13! Adama does his thing and then Cole leads. Love it.

Reaction Score
He only played 13 minutes and only had 2 points but Hawkins defense was nasty.
He also had a nice block and few big rebounds to go with that Defense. I loved when Hurley gave him a high 5 in the first half rewarding him on how hard he was playing on that side of the ball. His offense will come and don't forget that nice bullet slip pass to Sanogo who was fouled which he ended up making 2 FTs.

Reaction Score
Will Hurley be allowed in?
The only negative that I can find from this game is how bone headed Hurley was getting a second technical. That dude is too hard headed for his own good. He was embarrassing tonight.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just huge shots by Polley and then Cole was able to close both on the offensive and defensive ends.

For a game with very few fouls called, the refs played too large of a role but overall an amazing game.
26 seconds left, down by four, without your head coach, to the number eight ranked team in the nation.

UConn: “Hold my beer.”

Reaction Score
Great, Gillespie gets more calls than any player in the country.
I'll start off by saying F James Breeding. With that out of the way, Gillespie was CLEARLY hunting for a foul both on the tie-up and the charge call and was not attempting to make a legit basketball play in either instance. Was the tie-up probably a foul? Sure (though definitely a bit of a toss-up play), but I do like that the refs did not award Gillespie just playing for the foul.

Reaction Score
The only negative that I can find from this game is how bone headed Hurley was getting a second technical. That dude is too hard headed for his own good. He was embarrassing tonight.
If there a law against us locking Dan up in the locker room until this season is over?? After that must be why they call it a Locker Room right?

Reaction Score
Couple things which I was going to say win or lose.

The refs were really good overall, called some things they normally don’t and let things go that Nova gets a lot. Solid job.

The game plan was really good by DH and the staff on D. If they shoot 30% from 3 we win easy. To focus on taking away the one on ones and interior you know they’re going to get some perimeter looks. But they made them work so damn hard to score up close they were never comfortable finishing near the rim. Everyone did their job, no one hardly ever was jumping on the ball fake. Just a solid effort and plan very nice kudos to all.
The time they got Adama off his feet he flattened the guy. No and-1.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We talk Gampel vs XL But THAT, was the best homecourt in the big east. I’m concluding wherever excited UConn fans are is the best home court
When it full for a big game, XL is awesome. For you young uns this is what UConn basketball used to be like every Big East game.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
pounding the ball in to our bigs got us better 3 point attempts. That is how spacing works, not 5 guys around the perimeter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom