triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Paris Kea (from Vandy) to UNC.
o

well-crap-cow-fence.jpg

Hoped she would have ended up at Wake Forest or NC State :oops:

Reaction Score
Next to leave, Ieshia Small (#19 HoopGurlz 2013). According to the Baylor forum, it appears that she is packing up and moving out. No official word yet.

Reaction Score
Next to leave, Ieshia Small (#19 HoopGurlz 2013). According to the Baylor forum, it appears that she is packing up and moving out. No official word yet.
Wasn't some shakeout expected at Baylor due to the # of recruits, schollies?

Reaction Score
Wasn't some shakeout expected at Baylor due to the # of recruits, schollies?[/QUOTE

Yes, they just wasn't sure who it was going to be. Still no definitive word.

Reaction Score
If the Baylor board speculation just came from the "packing" comments on her twitter feed, they my be just hyper-sensitive and way off base
https://twitter.com/ieshiasmall24

From The Baylor board.

"I follow Alexis Jones on instagram and she had a picture up of her and Iesha at the banquet. Underneath the picture she posted that she will miss her and that wishes her the best at the next school she will be attending. Maybe I am late but , Does anybody know anything bout this?"

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Wasn't some shakeout expected at Baylor due to the # of recruits, schollies?
Yes - I believe Kim signed at least one player above 15 for next year (it might actually be two?) so someone had to go.
Personally I think this is really crappy behavior by coaches and is a situation that has to be addressed in NCAA rules - for a player basically forced out because they have been 'recruited over' to then be required to sit out a transfer year is very unfair. I would actually be in favor of allowing free transfers to any scholarship player whose team had 12 or more players on scholarship for the coming year.

Reaction Score
Yes - I believe Kim signed at least one player above 15 for next year (it might actually be two?) so someone had to go.
Personally I think this is really crappy behavior by coaches and is a situation that has to be addressed in NCAA rules - for a player basically forced out because they have been 'recruited over' to then be required to sit out a transfer year is very unfair. I would actually be in favor of allowing free transfers to any scholarship player whose team had 12 or more players on scholarship for the coming year.

This is getting out of hand. Football is even worse. Certain confrences over sign recruits every year and then have "try outs" during spring ball. I think scholarships should be for 5 years to complete 4 years of eligibility. Enough of this yearly renewed stuff.

Reaction Score

It looks like 12 underclassman returning (including Small), and 5 freshman signed.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/239/class/2015/baylor

Reaction Score
This is getting out of hand. Football is even worse. Certain confrences over sign recruits every year and then have "try outs" during spring ball. I think scholarships should be for 5 years to complete 4 years of eligibility. Enough of this yearly renewed stuff.

Some universities have already gone to a 4 year scholarship. I believe USC (the real one) has. The NCAA has voted to have the 4 year scholarship replace the one year renewable scholarship.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...-attendance-multi-year-scholarships-approved/

Reaction Score
Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yeah. A week before July 1st the USC coach told 2 players they weren't a good fit and will barely get playtime. One left and the other is still there,and barely gets PT.
Yes - have always felt this was sort of 'self serving' publicity for the universities - we'll honor the scholarship and you can sit and watch. If you actually want to participate in the sport you love, you might want to reconsider and go elsewhere.
The positive aspect is for injured players, but not sure that their are many who have to quit a sport because of injury that are not allowed to complete a degree on the university dime.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Word is that Ieshia Small is leaving Baylor. She rarely got playing time and when she did she was on a VERY short leash and was pulled the moment she made a mistake. I think every Baylor fan saw this one coming. She was very turnover prone.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Word is that Ieshia Small is leaving Baylor. She rarely got playing time and when she did she was on a VERY short leash and was pulled the moment she made a mistake. I think every Baylor fan saw this one coming. She was very turnover prone.

Rutgers was in her top 3 before she cut it down to South Carolina, and Baylor....hopefully she looks at us. :p

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
6'4" Temi Fagbenle Harvard and Candela Abejon (Spain) to USC west

Fagbenle will join fell Blair graduate Sadie Edwards (their time at Blair did not overlap).

UConn once showed interest in Fagbenle but never offered her a scholarship.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Jessica Washington is leaving UNC. She's from Oklahoma so perhaps she will land at a Big 12 school.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
The high number of transfers for this off season is quite astonishing to me.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Yet another transfer....

3rd school in as many years I believe.

Started at Rutgers, transferred to Florida State and now to Seton Hall.

Bret McCormick @ASGR1995 · 3h3 hours ago

ASGR#29 Shakena Richardson 5-5 PG is transferring from Florida State to Seton Hall. Played HS At Neptune NJ & will eligible immediately.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Megan Deines transfers form Louisville to Kansas State.

And the transfer bus just keeps moving on......

3h3 hours ago
Hoopfeed.com ‏@hoopfeed
Kansas State adds 2 transfers: Kaylee Page (Nebraska), Megan Deines (Louisville) http://j.mp/1AXQweA #ncaaw

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Bret McCormick ‏@ASGR1995 6h6 hours ago

McKenzie Calvert 5-9 PG TX that transferred from USC is headed to the Big 12 to play for Kansas.

Watched her on the PAC12 Network and she was a great freshman guard off the bench for Southern California. Should be a nice addition to the Jayhawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom