(Non-UConn) Transfers, transfers, transfers | Page 4 | The Boneyard

(Non-UConn) Transfers, transfers, transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Anyone know where Amber Porter out of Stetson, is headed?
"Amber Porter" and "Stetson" in the same sentence? Sounds like a good, rich Texas microbrew!

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Now another, per a post on the UCLA Forum

@macsmith413: UCLA G Recee Caldwell has requested a transfer from the Bruin program. Caldwell missed last two months of season with knee injury. #espnW

One of three Bruins to play in the 2014 McDonald's All-American game ... made the USA Basketball Women's U18 National Team and started every game for the Americans, winning gold at the 2014 FIBA Americas Championship in August in Colorado Springs, Colo. ... was also on the Team USA U16 squad with Jordin Canada that won a gold medal

Caldwell was ranked as one of the Top 10 players in the country by most recruiting services including No. 6 by Prospects Nation, No. 7 by PB Media, No. 9 by ESPN’s HoopGurlz and No. 19 by Full Court ... also ranked near the top in the point guard rankings, coming in as the No. 2 rated PG by PB Media, the No. 3 rated PG by HoopGurlz and Prospects Nation and the No. 5 PG by Full Court ...

I will say this, before her injury and while teammate Jordin Canada was out with an injury, Caldwell impressed me by being as composed a general, or pg, can be, as a freshman for UCLA. I wish her the best.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Caldwell quit her high school team in December of her junior year. She spent remainder of her high school time training with her father.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
She struck me as a bit of a chucker when I saw her and she doesn't shoot well enough to be one of those.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
She struck me as a bit of a chucker when I saw her and she doesn't shoot well enough to be one of those.
Not sure what game you saw but she averaged only 7.5 shots a game in about 25mpg. She was anything but a chucker, IMO. She had more assists than made baskets. Jordin Canada averaged over 11 shots a game and Nirra Field over 15 shots a game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not sure what game you saw but she averaged only 7.5 shots a game in about 25mpg. She was anything but a chucker, IMO. She had more assists than made baskets. Jordin Canada averaged over 11 shots a game and Nirra Field over 15 shots a game.

Don't recall which games I saw her in since she only played in 17 but I thought her shot selection was mostly awful. She took shots out of the rhythm of any offense, and way too many long jumpers considering she shot 33.6% overall and 28% on threes. Sixty percent of her FG attempts were threes in spite of that awful %. In contract, KML took 40% of her career FG attempts from three.

I just wasn't impressed when I watched her but she was only a freshmen so....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Caldwell was on a team full of poor shooters and she was definitely among the poor shooters. The Highest shooting percentage among players averaging more than 10 mins a game was billings at 46%. Billings had no 3pt FG attempts so that's 46% mostly around the basket-not that impressive. Caldwell shot 34% overall and 28% from 3 point range- Poor shooter? Yes. Chucker? I could see that also.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Apparently #18 ESPN and #18 Full Court 2014 forward Taylor Rooks(6'1) has left Stanford for Harvard. She barely played last season for the Farm getting only 27 minutes in 12 games. I read this on one of the "free" Stanford forums called The Cardboard. Harvard was one of the original schools she considered along with Maryland and Syracuse. She is from NJ.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I follow Jessica Washington (UNC transfer) on snapchat... She's currently visiting the University of Kansas.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
SCGamecock said:
I follow Jessica Washington (UNC transfer) on snapchat... She's currently visiting the University of Kansas.

Is that the only school she has visited this far? I thought she might end up in the BIG12.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
SCGamecock said:

Is that the only school she has visited this far? I thought she might end up in the BIG12.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

I'm not sure, but I agree. I think there's a very good chance she ends up in the Big 12.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
John Glass said:
Jessica Washington to Kansas

Kansas has a new coach and he is loading up. Mackenzie Calvert from Southern Cal also transferred there.

Reaction Score
Question to my astute bloggers===If Sadie Transfers prior to next season, what effect will that have on her future? Seems if 4 or 5 players are transferring and the coach is less than competition Sadie should be released with exception?????
It does appear she jumped from cushy to a very hot skillet, regardless of the stack up of Guards at Uconn. The 7th off the bench at Uconn would trump starting for a poor to inefficient coach
I always been leery about kids who played for 3 or more high school teams.Sometimes it is for the tougher competition in which I do understand but the majority of the time it is the amount of playing time or the coach works them to hard!IMHO the last 2 was the reason Edwards transferred so quickly.

Reaction Score
Aisha Edwards, espnW's #54 player in the 2014 class, won't be returning to Miami and has signed with Chipola College (juco national champs in 2015). She sat out her freshman year after suffering a torn ACL during a preseason Hurricane practice.

Reaction Score
In last night's (or today's) Pan Am game an announcer said that Mavunga told her that her top three options for transfer were Tenn, Kentucky and tOSU. Not really news but it does come second hand from a non-biased source which is better than hat we have had up till now.

Reaction Score
Mavunga to Ohio State

CLSXho4UAAAqsei.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members