(Non-UConn) Transfers, transfers, transfers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

(Non-UConn) Transfers, transfers, transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Anyone have any idea what is going on at Texas?

Reaction Score
Jada Terry is leaving Texas A&M. From TAMU's official site "chose the Aggies over Kentucky, Louisville and Oklahoma State:.
Post player talent Jada Terry to transfer from Texas Aggie women’s basketball

Jaycee Coe is transferring from Kentucky. "Chose the Wildcats over Belmont, Georgia, Louisville, Middle Tennessee, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Tennessee Tech and Vanderbilt"
UK women's basketball freshman Jaycee Coe says she's transferring

Marist is losing Payton Birchmeier, one of four players planning to tranfer.
Former area star Birchmeier to transfer from Marist

Virginia's Sarah Imovbioh is tranferring.
Imovbioh leaving UVa women's basketball team

And China Dow is leaving Middle Tennessee
Former top-100 recruit leaving MTSU

The links I found in the last 2 days.

Maddie Blais (Marist) was one of the best scorers I watched in person last season. She'll be a great addition to whatever team she ends up with.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Maddie Blais (Marist) was one of the best scorers I watched in person last season. She'll be a great addition to whatever team she ends up with.

WBB fan here. Long time reader and first time poster on this board.

Maddie Blais (45% 3PT and 90% FT ) took an official visit to USF this past weekend. No further info at this time. I hope we land her.

In the meantime, we signed two more international players who should help us immediately:

Fernandez Continues International Recruiting Magic
http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=210029892

We are in the hunt for another top international player as well:

Click here: Meet 8 Unsigned Seniors Who Could Turn Into Big College Stars

Cecilia Zandalasini: Meet the headliner of this bunch. The 6-foot-2 wing from Italy has the skills and experience to make an impact on any BCS program in the country.

Looking forward to playing you again next season.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
That would be a great get for South Florida if she decides to head there.

Reaction Score
WBB fan here. Long time reader and first time poster on this board.

Maddie Blais (45% 3PT and 90% FT ) took an official visit to USF this past weekend. No further info at this time. I hope we land her.

In the meantime, we signed two more international players who should help us immediately:

Fernandez Continues International Recruiting Magic
http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=210029892

We are in the hunt for another top international player as well:

Click here: Meet 8 Unsigned Seniors Who Could Turn Into Big College Stars

Cecilia Zandalasini: Meet the headliner of this bunch. The 6-foot-2 wing from Italy has the skills and experience to make an impact on any BCS program in the country.

Looking forward to playing you again next season.

That would be awesome if she goes to USF. More exposure for her and more competition for UCONN. She might be just what USF needs to compete.

Reaction Score
Interesting to be in the Southeast, a veritable hotbed of talent and go so heavy on internationals. Has USF shifted strategies? Have their regional recruiting networks not panned out? Jenkins and Williams are their two best players and their both regional kids.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Interesting to be in the Southeast, a veritable hotbed of talent and go so heavy on internationals. Has USF shifted strategies? Have their regional recruiting networks not panned out? Jenkins and Williams are their two best players and their both regional kids.

Coach Fernandez goes after recruits he feels can give the most impact, regardless of where they come from. It just so happens that presently he is finding players from other countries to fit in with his scheme. Jenkins and Williams are still going to be the "go to" girls this coming year. Laura Ferrara (Spain) will be a sophomore and has been improving day-by-day and big things are expected from her.

At present it is difficult for USF to recruit the top American players and beat out the likes of UCONN, Tennessee, Maryland, Notre Dame, etc. So Coach Fernandez has decided to concentrate on recruiting international talent who play on their country's national teams. As USF moves up in the WBB rankings over the next several years, we should be more competative in recruiting US talent.

The fact that Maddie Blais decided to take her first official visit to USF when she could have visited any number of top WBB schools is indicative of our rising stature.

Reaction Score
I watched Maddie play Delaware in December. Delaware beat them but Maddie scored 25 points, I believe.

She really stood out in that game.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Bre McDonald (originally transferred from Ga. Tech) and Tyara Warren are both leaving West Virginia.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
All of this makes me even happier about Kiah (and previously Kaili, and Charde) - it would have been much easier for Kiah after either her freshman year or sophomore season to say, 'I don't need to put up with this, I can get lots of minutes and have success elsewhere' but she stuck it out and had enough success to be a first round draft choice for a coach who really wanted her.
It does seem to be an incredible year, not just for bench transfers, but for starters to leave programs.

No idea why any of these forks are leaving, but ... one possible positive spin - there are more coaches now taking a Geno style approach to basketball and demanding a level of work and commitment that isn't quite as much fun as some expected?! - I doubt that is the reason, but it is a 'happy thought'.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
it would have been much easier for Kiah after either her freshman year or sophomore season to say, 'I don't need to put up with this, I can get lots of minutes and have success elsewhere' but she stuck it out and had enough success to be a first round draft choice for a coach who really wanted her.
It does seem to be an incredible year, not just for bench transfers, but for starters to leave programs.

I think this is where you see Geno's greatest coaching success - identifying and recruiting players based on their mental approaches to the game of basketball and to life, not just what they can do on the court (in terms of their physical abilities).

For example, how do they react when they miss a shot or the ball is not in their hands? What is their post-game conduct/behavior like? What do their facial expressions show when they are receiving instructions from their high school/AAU coaches? What does their body language express, and is it their mental state coming through via physical manifestations? How does she contribute when the ball is not in her hands, and does she exhibit the same focus and intensity?

Geno is assessing kids based on a lot of things, but one of the key ones is this - How will this player react when I push or challenge her? Will she rise to the challenge and put in the work (on and off the court) to be the best student-athlete that he (Geno) knows she can be, or will the challenge be too much for her? Can she achieve greatness (however greatness is defined for that particular player) or will she succumb to the pressure and be overwhelmed by the challenge?

People underestimate how much of a psychologist Geno is in addition to being a basketball coach. It is one of his greatest attributes.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Cam - great post and spot on. It is a unique trait amongst coaches that both he and CD possess - and it hasn't been perfect, but even most of the transfers out have been full of praise for the experience.
As a coach it must be extremely easy to be seduced by talent and just say 'well we can work on the other stuff'.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
All of this makes me even happier about Kiah (and previously Kaili, and Charde) - it would have been much easier for Kiah after either her freshman year or sophomore season to say, 'I don't need to put up with this, I can get lots of minutes and have success elsewhere' but she stuck it out and had enough success to be a first round draft choice for a coach who really wanted her.

No idea why any of these forks are leaving, but ... one possible positive spin - there are more coaches now taking a Geno style approach to basketball and demanding a level of work and commitment that isn't quite as much fun as some expected?! - I doubt that is the reason, but it is a 'happy thought'.

"No idea why any of these forks are leaving, but"

Guess it was tine for them to go! :confused:

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Texas loses another.

6'4 center Lilly Vander Zee is transferring

8h8 hours ago
Bret McCormick ‏@ASGR1995
Lilley Vander Zee 6-4 C Granbury HS TX is transferring from University of Texas. Has 2 years left.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just realized reading the BaylorBears board that TX transfers are probably intentional shedding of scholarships - they are now at 15 after the transfers. Not sure that is exactly true, but they seemed to have had a bit of a logjam.

Reaction Score
Just realized reading the BaylorBears board that TX transfers are probably intentional shedding of scholarships - they are now at 15 after the transfers. Not sure that is exactly true, but they seemed to have had a bit of a logjam.

Texas has 15 on their 2015-16 roster, it appears 1 or 2 are walk-ons - an ex manager, and a volleyball player

http://www.texassports.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Going to the Baylor message board for accurate information on Texas Longhorns basketball is not recommended.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Going to the Baylor message board for accurate information on Texas Longhorns basketball is not recommended.
Yeah - but two transfers has brought the total players to 15, not sure if one or two are walk-ons, but that is certainly a full roster. Makes leaving a little more understandable and makes for interesting year end meetings with the coaching staff I suspect.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Yeah - but two transfers has brought the total players to 15, not sure if one or two are walk-ons, but that is certainly a full roster. Makes leaving a little more understandable and makes for interesting year end meetings with the coaching staff I suspect.
Emily Johnson is a walk-on. Current roster is down to 11 collegiate players on scholarship, and that includes Sarah Hattis who switched from volleyball to basketball full time. The 3 incoming high school signees are already listed on the 2015-16 roster. One scholarship currently available for the upcoming season.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Emily Johnson is a walk-on. Current roster is down to 11 collegiate players on scholarship, and that includes Sarah Hattis who switched from volleyball to basketball full time. The 3 incoming high school signees are already listed on the 2015-16 roster. One scholarship currently available for the upcoming season.
So they did need to lose one scholarship player this year and instead lost two.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Paris Kea (from Vandy) to UNC.

Arianna Freeman (from U of L) to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics