(Non-UConn) Transfers, transfers, transfers | The Boneyard

(Non-UConn) Transfers, transfers, transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Jada Terry is leaving Texas A&M. From TAMU's official site "chose the Aggies over Kentucky, Louisville and Oklahoma State:.
Post player talent Jada Terry to transfer from Texas Aggie women’s basketball

Jaycee Coe is transferring from Kentucky. "Chose the Wildcats over Belmont, Georgia, Louisville, Middle Tennessee, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Tennessee Tech and Vanderbilt"
UK women's basketball freshman Jaycee Coe says she's transferring

Marist is losing Payton Birchmeier, one of four players planning to tranfer.
Former area star Birchmeier to transfer from Marist

Virginia's Sarah Imovbioh is tranferring.
Imovbioh leaving UVa women's basketball team

And China Dow is leaving Middle Tennessee
Former top-100 recruit leaving MTSU

The links I found in the last 2 days.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Nan

I had posted in another thread about the large amount of transfers this season but it got buried in the thread. Some big schools and great players are leaving for various reasons this season. Some schools are losing 2-6 players! That's a lot imo....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is cool and interesting stuff. Might be a good idea to tack it to the top of the page to list all the transfers we become aware of and news on them? Just a thought...

Reaction Score
Jada Terry is leaving Texas A&M. From TAMU's official site "chose the Aggies over Kentucky, Louisville and Oklahoma State:.

Jaycee Coe is transferring from Kentucky. "Chose the Wildcats over Belmont, Georgia, Louisville, Middle Tennessee, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Tennessee Tech and Vanderbilt"

I hope Kenny Brooks at JMU as a few open scholarships. Kenny is really good Mid Major coach. I only wish he'd visit Geno's practices not that he isn't ok in his own right, but every bit of knowledge helps.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
My post on another thread.........

Maybe or the fact that some high profile teams are losing players(UCONN, Louisville, FSU, Miami, Marist<best player>) and some other teams are losing more than one player (Houston-4, Clemson-2, Georgia-2, Indiana-3, Illinois State-6, Marquette-3<best player>, Memphis-2, MTSU-2, Minnesota 4, Virginia-2, Penn State-2, Souther Cal-3, Vanderbilt-3, South Florida-2)....... I have been following the women's game for some time and in my old head, just seems like more than usual but your probably right. Could be just the internet and communication.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
It occurred to me that this may be the wave of the future in WCBB. Those top high school bb athletes who bail after the first year at their original choice school, for whatever reason, then sit out a year at their second school/team, BUT then spend only 2 years at their new school and then...not graduate!

Now that is what I call closing the gap on parity with the men's game.

Reaction Score

Wow! Did anyone else read the "Hit Piece" regarding Jada Terry's transfer from Texaas A&M?

Wow! Did anyone else read the "Hit Piece" regarding Jada Terry's transfer from Texas A&M? With friends like that, who needs enemies? I wonder if that "journalist/reporter" ever heard of telling both sides of the story? Hopefully Gary Blair will have an opportunity to tell the other side of the story at some point. while I do not live in College Station, or know Coach Blair personally, I am reasonably sure that there is another side to this that does not make it appear so unfair. Reporters who take against a coach can be a real problem sometimes! I could be wrong but, I don't think Coach Blair and this reporter will be having long informative chats together anytime soon!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Transfers do seem to be occurring at a higher rate. Certainly some of them occur because the coach is unhappy with their work ethic and they "encourage" them to transfer to another school. If a coach has a large number of transfers then they probably aren't a great judge of talent and chemistry during the recruiting process.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Wow! Did anyone else read the "Hit Piece" regarding Jada Terry's transfer from Texaas A&M?

Wow! Did anyone else read the "Hit Piece" regarding Jada Terry's transfer from Texas A&M? With friends like that, who needs enemies? I wonder if that "journalist/reporter" ever heard of telling both sides of the story? Hopefully Gary Blair will have an opportunity to tell the other side of the story at some point. while I do not live in College Station, or know Coach Blair personally, I am reasonably sure that there is another side to this that does not make it appear so unfair. Reporters who take against a coach can be a real problem sometimes! I could be wrong but, I don't think Coach Blair and this reporter will be having long informative chats together anytime soon!
Totally agree - mindless drivel and total ignorance about how a team dynamic works.

Reaction Score

I caught 5 or 6 A&M games, and Jada Terry didn't show much. She is a big kid who clearly had very little foot speed or quickness, struggled getting out in transition, and had obvious conditioning issues. Didn't look like a player who put in the necessary work "to be the best, to be a starter." The reporter's story lacks any balance (to Blair) and is less than objective.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Didn't take long for Terry to find a home

Per Bret Mccormick she has landed at Texas Tech.

Reaction Score
Texas Longhorns decommit + Nekia Jones transfers
`
"ASGR#14 Deauzya Richards 6-1 WF 2017 Cypress Ranch HS TX had committed to Texas has reopened her commitment."

- Bret McCormick @ASGR1995, 16 Apr 2015

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Transfers just keep coming.............

Could be why Cox dropped the Longhorns from her list

Reaction Score
`
"ASGR#14 Deauzya Richards 6-1 WF 2017 Cypress Ranch HS TX had committed to Texas has reopened her commitment."

Nekia Jones was a fan Favorite at Texas. boohoo.....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
`

Very interesting because UCONN is lsited (per ESPN) as one of the schools she considered along with LSU prior to giving verbal to Texas.
from reading the Bio she a similar player to Megan Walker.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I hope poor Sadie knows what she is getting into.

that's now 5 Sourthern Cal transfers this off season thus far

I am guessing Sadie has at most one year to put up with a person who was a fabulous player at many levels and a disaster as a coach and leader in college.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
`

Apparently their verbal commit from the 2018 class, Charli Collier, has reopened her recruitment as well.
Which isn't that surprising since she is so young but it was right before Deauzya reopened her recruitment.

Reaction Score
I am guessing Sadie has at most one year to put up with a person who was a fabulous player at many levels and a disaster as a coach and leader in college.
Question to my astute bloggers===If Sadie Transfers prior to next season, what effect will that have on her future? Seems if 4 or 5 players are transferring and the coach is less than competition Sadie should be released with exception?????
It does appear she jumped from cushy to a very hot skillet, regardless of the stack up of Guards at Uconn. The 7th off the bench at Uconn would trump starting for a poor to inefficient coach

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
According to Bret McCormick:

Teaira McCowan (#21 Ranked Senior by ASGR) and Roshunda Johnson (OK State Transfer) have signed with Vic Shaefer and Mississippi State.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
CBus13 said:
According to Bret McCormick: Teaira McCowan (#21 Ranked Senior by ASGR) and Roshunda Johnson (OK State Transfer) have signed with Vic Shaefer and Mississippi State.

Great pick ups for Vic. He is working on making Mississippi State a top 25 team every year and a challenger in the SEC. Good for him.

Johnson is a good PG.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Very interesting because UCONN is lsited (per ESPN) as one of the schools she considered along with LSU prior to giving verbal to Texas.
from reading the Bio she a similar player to Megan Walker.

According to Prospects Nation, Richards' final school choices were Texas, UConn, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M. They rank her 6th in the '17 class currently.

http://www.prospectsnation.com/story/reax-no-6-richards-texas

UConn already has one wingish player (Espinosa-Hunter) in that class and are obviously out for another (Walker). Wonder if there is still any mutual interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom