Non-Key Tweets | Page 89 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Where did I say we are better off?

One of the ACC brigade talked about how ND could get Chicago subscribers for an ACC network far easier than we could get NYC for the BTN.

All I said is that we got NYC, which is true for this argument.

Not my fault you guys decided to come after me.

pj

Reaction Score
And you know this how?

Oh wait you don't.

Common sense. Business experience. The course of every other cable network negotiation. And, B1G practice. They get carriage first, prove that they can attract an audience, then spend 10 years trying to get higher rates.

pj

Reaction Score

It's true you got carriage. Not true you got as much money as you hope to eventually get.

Speculation! *Clap Clap Clap* Speculation! *Clap Clap Clap*

Since it's a moral certainty, it would be more accurate to label as speculation the claim "the B1G has already gotten all the revenue out of NYC it hopes to get."

Reaction Score

One of the ACC brigade talked about how ND could get Chicago subscribers for an ACC network far easier than we could get NYC for the BTN.

Why even chime in on the discussion with your comments....any time you come on here and post you are a straight up d**k in regards to CR. Do us all a favor and focus on your upcoming football season and how you can get more than 350 fans to a men's basketball game at the RAC. The last thing we need on the CR portion of this board is a D**K like you reminding us of where we ended up in CR.

Reaction Score
Wow you seem to be confusing me with someone else, I've shown respect to the majority of the users of this board and to UCONN athletics.

There was only one time I made snide remarks and that was after provocation from your side of the aisle.

Other than that I've tried to be very respectful of this fanbase, hell look at the other posts I made today, complimenting Aresco and saying that the UCONN AD should tell the Texas AD to shove it in a very public manner.

Reaction Score
States spend all kinds of money on "economic development" hoping to bring revenue into the state. Bringing the SEC or B1G into North Carolina and increasing revenue into the state from TV networks by $20 million per year is economic development. The state legislature will be on the side of NC State.

So you'll have the NC State backers in the legislature staunchly and enthusiastically behind the move, neutral members of the legislature mildly in favor of the move due to benefits for the state, and UNC backers concerned about the effect on UNC but unwilling to pick a fight with the NC State backers. And the Board of Governors will follow the legislature. Just my prediction.
Since 22 of the 32 membersof the Board of Governors have ties to UNC either undergrad or graduate & they are appointed by the State Legislature (you see the pattern here) gives you a idea if how much pull UNC has. Like I said if NCSU leaves it will only be after UNC decides the ACC no longer works for them

pj

Reaction Score
Since 22 of the 32 membersof the Board of Governors have ties to UNC either undergrad or graduate & they are appointed by the State Legislature (you see the pattern here) gives you a idea if how much pull UNC has. Like I said if NCSU leaves it will only be after UNC decides the ACC no longer works for them

I know, but you must also know that there is some animosity from NC State grads toward that UNC pull and dominance. Note that the UNC academic scandal has gotten a lot of press despite the NCAA cover up due to investigations by NC State grads. UNC will not exacerbate that animosity by blocking NC State from something that is clearly beneficial for NC State and the state of North Carolina. Again, just my read of the politics, I appreciate that UNC would try to discourage NC State from leaving the ACC, but when push comes to shove, if NC State sticks to its guns I don't think the state will block them.

That assumes NC State can get an offer. It's possible neither the B1G nor SEC will offer State as long as they think UNC might come to them, so there may be a stalemate.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I know you did. That will explain for you how easily Notre Dame will help the ACC Network get Chicago. Very similar situation.

Michigan, PSU, and OSU football teams along with their very large alumni base that live in NYC say hi.

The ACC has ND basketball and Olympic sports to push for Chicago. That's it. No large ACC alumni base to help get carriage. Throw that in with no ND football and these to situations aren't even close.

Reaction Score
I know, but you must also know that there is some animosity from NC State grads toward that UNC pull and dominance. Note that the UNC academic scandal has gotten a lot of press despite the NCAA cover up due to investigations by NC State grads. UNC will not exacerbate that animosity by blocking NC State from something that is clearly beneficial for NC State and the state of North Carolina. Again, just my read of the politics, I appreciate that UNC would try to discourage NC State from leaving the ACC, but when push comes to shove, if NC State sticks to its guns I don't think the state will block them.

That assumes NC State can get an offer. It's possible neither the B1G nor SEC will offer State as long as they think UNC might come to them, so there may be a stalemate.
They would cry & make a big show but in the end they would fall in line. Their is a clear pecking order & they will never be at the head of the table.

dayooper

Reaction Score
They would cry & make a big show but in the end they would fall in line. Their is a clear pecking order & they will never be at the head of the table.

And I thought Michigan's fan base was a bunch of arrogant DB's.

Reaction Score
And I thought Michigan's fan base was a bunch of arrogant DB's.
Nothing arrogant about pointing out the truth. It is unlikely NCSU would make to much of a issue since their Chancellor & most of their Board of Trustees are selected by a Governing Body that was created by UNC in the first place

Reaction Score
Michigan, PSU, and OSU football teams along with their very large alumni base that live in NYC say hi.

The ACC has ND basketball and Olympic sports to push for Chicago. That's it. No large ACC alumni base to help get carriage. Throw that in with no ND football and these to situations aren't even close.
You can assume ND football content will be on the ACC Channel either original ESPN content or licensed from NBC Sports. And yes there will be ND basketball and Olympic Sports too.

dayooper

Reaction Score
You can assume ND football content will be on the ACC Channel either original ESPN content or licensed from NBC Sports. And yes there will be ND basketball and Olympic Sports too.

As Bill Cosby says . . . Riiiiiiiiight.

Reactions: TKs
Reaction Score
As Bill Cosby says . . . Riiiiiiiiight.

There are 60 football games contracted for between ND and the ACC for the next 12 years. Were you expecting the ACC and ND to hide them all from the public? That would be foolish. So yes. Riiiiight.

Reaction Score
There are 60 football games contracted for between ND and the ACC for the next 12 years. Were you expecting the ACC and ND to hide them all from the public? That would be foolish. So yes. Riiiiight.

Well another Non-Key tweet. I'll start a thread for you

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Jay, I have a question you might be able to answer. Why did RU get NYC tier 1 cable access? I could see the 3 million or so in North Jersey but why NYC?

dayooper

Reaction Score

Yet the ACC owns the rights to 30 of them. That averages under 3 per year. If you think that ESPN will put those games on a regional channel, than you aren't understanding why ESPN paid the extra money for them. If you think that The ACC can get Chicago for full coverage for ND basketball and Olympic sports to go along with ACC content, more power to ya.

I hope the ACC gets a network. I hope The SEC is locked out from where ever they want to go. I am sick of ESPN slobbering all over them. I hope that Foxsports1 and NBCsports and any other sports network challenges ESPN. They need to have someone breathing down their neck.

That being said, ND won't get them Chicago unless they are a full buy in.

Reaction Score

Disney is buying NBCUniversal?

Reaction Score
Sure, but would they. It seems that the FSU/Clemson to The Big12 thing has sailed. Would VT want to move? I don't know. I couldn't tell you even if The Big10 would admit them. That being said, losing VT, in my opinion, wouldn't hurt The ACC or UVA much, if at all. Gaining a new market (while keeping an open spot for a potential ND full buy in) might do wonders for a potential ACCN.

I think you could make a very compelling argument that bringing a team like Cincy into The ACC would provide more value to the conference than losing a team like VPI would cause. That is not an indictment of VPI, as they are a program that I hope has a future in The B1G, but instead a healthy respect for Cincy as a candidate. IMO Cincy is an underrated program that has demonstrated both success on the field, and a willingness to invest in both academics and athletics.

Cincy is not in a redundant TV market, they bring solid football and basketball to the table, they could provide a nice rivalry for Louisville, and potentially help build a geographic bridge toward ND. Cincy would also open an additional recruiting territory for the conference. From an academic perspective they are no slouch either. They are definitely a school on the rise.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom