Non-Key Tweets | Page 66 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
When you SOB's take your heathcliff dust cloud of a scrum into the tweet threads it really pisses me off. Seriously. There are 50 threads on this board for your endless pissing contests that I avoid like the plague. These threads trigger alerts when people are consolidating information that others deem relevant. Every time you trip the alarm it brings me over here to read your crap.

Start a new thread.
I agree. Please take your bickering to a different thread.

This one is reserved for crazies from WV!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
You do realize that Oregon borders California, don't you? Not much of a reach to recruit from a neighboring state. ;)

Oh yes, but I meant southern CA. That's about the latitude equivalent of UCONN recruiting the Carolinas and Georgia.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When you SOB's take your heathcliff dust cloud of a scrum into the tweet threads it really pisses me off. Seriously. There are 50 threads on this board for your endless pissing contests that I avoid like the plague. These threads trigger alerts when people are consolidating information that others deem relevant. Every time you trip the alarm it brings me over here to read your crap.

Start a new thread.

Sorry to offend and I'll stop but you are wasting your time. There is nothing going on and the thread is labeled non key tweets and started to capture the lunacy of the WVU twitter gods.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Sorry to offend and I'll stop but you are wasting your time. There is nothing going on and the thread is labeled non key tweets and started to capture the lunacy of the WVU twitter gods.
I'm self aware enough to realize that this place, in the grand scheme of things is a complete waste of time. I just prefer their crazy to your crazy.

Reaction Score

FYI, you have every right to state your opinions & the context of this thread should allow for such minor debates. No offense taken from me, none at all. God Speed!

Reaction Score
I'm self aware enough to realize that this place, in the grand scheme of things is a complete waste of time. I just prefer their crazy to your crazy.

Of course a lot of this can seem nonsensical, but it's a sports board and the thread is "Non-Key Tweets". I guess I choose my battles & we all have a right to state or alter opinions. You have a choice, get involved or ignore. You're entitled to "either" A or B opinions, collective support for one's opinions - a particular group, or you may offer something outside of the box.

In the scheme of "Conference Realignment Board" which is what this all falls under, matters such as recruiting bases and historical program development do matter & everyone has their own take, right or wrong, or in the mass gray area. It is what it is, a lot of bs & passion, sometimes objective analyses, and a place where the victors can pound their chests with positive fanfare. I was really amazed by these boards after you won the Men's BBall Title - it was a good thing.

Reaction Score
I'm saying what I think will happen. I think the Big 10 will continue to fall short in football on the national stage and the gap between the SEC and Big Ten will grow not shrink.

That is what happens when you grow your league for cable boxes and not athletic achievement.

The Big Ten is living in the past.

I think my original post in this thread pretty much underscored that BIG football hasn't really been much to boast about in terms of NCs and bowl wins for a long time now. You can't really expect to succeed when the local talent is nowhere near as good as a region like the Southeast.

But, BIG fan bases are wonderful, the venues, passion, challenging climates that surface especially from October to season's end. It's a great culture. I say as much because I'd like to see UConn become a part of it. You're currently in an incompatible conference, culturally speaking, & the travel is quite extreme. When you talk about a shared recruiting footprint, you do have Fl and Tx schools in your conference - but will that translate into better results when the geography is so spread out?

I think if you objectively look at my original post, you'll see that we agree more often than not & the myths of so-called BIG gridiron prestige are based on perception, more so than truth. As I stated, when a conference sends a lot of high quality players to the next level, even in the event of diminishing draftees, it adds to this perception. For example, you've got 5 Super Bowl rings amongst BIG QB alum in just the past 15 years - I'll also give credit to the ACC, where Wilson played for a few seasons. Brady and Brees will retire amongst all-time leaders in just about every category of significance, & they are automatic HOFers, a distinction that BIG alum quantitatively own compared to rest of the conference landscape.

Anyways, peace whaler - love your alias, I sure do remember that franchise - I think it was Gordie Howe's last team before retirement.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Of course a lot of this can seem nonsensical, but it's a sports board and the thread is "Non-Key Tweets". I guess I choose my battles & we all have a right to state or alter opinions. You have a choice, get involved or ignore. You're entitled to "either" A or B opinions, collective support for one's opinions - a particular group, or you may offer something outside of the box.

In the scheme of "Conference Realignment Board" which is what this all falls under, matters such as recruiting bases and historical program development do matter & everyone has their own take, right or wrong, or in the mass gray area. It is what it is, a lot of bs & passion, sometimes objective analyses, and a place where the victors can pound their chests with positive fanfare. I was really amazed by these boards after you won the Men's BBall Title - it was a good thing.
It's not all that complicated man. You are actually pulling me into what I hate, so I'm going to leave it at this. No more discussion from me.

I get an alert when someone posts in this thread. I'd prefer that alert to be explicitly our collective canvasing of the outside web deposited here, not discussion. If one of the the tweets is significant enough to warrant a discussion, it usually get's its own thread. 1 out of every three threads in this place deteriorates into a 1 on 1 conversation where two parties are arguing semantics in excruciating detail to fill their day. I'm more than capable of filtering out that content. I do it all the time! However, this thread, and only this tread, is unique. When an alert pops up that someone has responded, it means a new puzzle piece (usually).

I'm not trying to censor you or anyone here. I'm respectfully asking you to restrict the banter to the other 99% of the forum. If you want to get Whaler's attention, feel free to Tag him with an "@" or direct message him to pull him into a more appropriate thread.

I realize this might seem like its splitting hairs. But it's not insignificant and I know I'm not alone in this view.

Reaction Score
MH3‏@MH3 7h
So I'm hearing today that Notre Dame wants a piece of the ACC title game and this is the true reason for deregulation request

Trim Kenobi-Manfro‏@pfac51 7h
@MH3 how will they be eligible if they only play 5, non-conference games vs. ACC teams?

MH3‏@MH3 7h
@pfac51 because the conference will be able to choose their champion in any way it sees fit

MH3‏@MH3 6h
Notre dame recognizes the importance of a conference championship game in the near future.

MH3‏@MH3 6h
Example: ACC chooses to pick its CCG participants based on final AP/coaches rankings. Conference W/L means little here

MH3‏@MH3 6h
ND gets to keep NBC deal and traditional rivals. ND gets more $$ and better access to playoffs. #winner$

ManOfReason‏@mphspsu 6h
@MH3 How do you think the rest of the ACC would take this? My guess...mutiny.

MH3‏@MH3 6h
@mphspsu probably not. This is as close as ACC will get to having ND as a full member. Hell espn will probably pay em as such

ManOfReason‏@mphspsu 6h
@MH3 And you think the rest of the ACC would go for this with 5 Conference games? What's your take?

MH3‏@MH3 6h
@mphspsu I'm sure it'll be less of a problem if they add a semi final and even more $$

ManOfReason‏@mphspsu 6h
@MH3 You think the NCAA would approve a 14th game?

MH3‏@MH3 6h
@mphspsu they don't have to if the new legislation passes. NCAA already allows FBS teams to play way more games

Vince‏@vjp3 6h
@MH3 This is hilarious. Notre Lame taking full advantage of the ACC. This marriage will. end. badly. #SeeBigEast

MH3‏@MH3 6h
@vjp3 honestly it's win/win. And if ND had offered us that in the BigEast we would have taken it in a Providence minute.

ManOfReason‏@mphspsu 6h
@MH3 @vjp3 It's not a win win if you are the ACC team who gets knocked out of the Championship Game.

Vince‏@vjp3 6h
@MH3 It is a coup and a win for Notre Lame, it is complete BS for full ACC members who play 8-9 games in conference 2 have NDget in on 5.

MH3‏@MH3 6h
@mphspsu @vjp3 true but none of these new policies is going to benefit basement dwellers or even teams on the cusp

ManOfReason‏@mphspsu 6h
@MH3 @vjp3 But those basement dwellers have a vote within the ACC. I would be livid if my ACC school voted for something like that

MH3‏@MH3 6h
@mphspsu @vjp3 it's just not about winning football games to most of them. It's more about the money

Vince‏@vjp3 6h
@MH3 @mphspsu Then why even have conferences? Just realign in an NFL style realignment, and all teams involved get equal share.

MH3‏@MH3 6h
@vjp3 @mphspsu we are heading there. If the right dominos fall

Reaction Score
Tom Dienhart ‏@BTNTomDienhart 5h
Jim Delany is "confident that in time BTN will have full distribution in this area."

Bsktball by NUmbers ‏@bkbtNUmbers 5h
.@BTNTomDienhart @BigTenNetwork not to mention two more eastern teams. NU's already has a 16-team standings board. pic.twitter.com/ktDECEPzh3

Bm-EmY6CMAA375S.jpg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
MH3‏@MH3 7h
So I'm hearing today that Notre Dame wants a piece of the ACC title game and this is the true reason for deregulation request

Trim Kenobi-Manfro‏@pfac51 7h
@MH3 how will they be eligible if they only play 5, non-conference games vs. ACC teams?

MH3‏@MH3 7h
@pfac51 because the conference will be able to choose their champion in any way it sees fit

MH3‏@MH3 6h
Notre dame recognizes the importance of a conference championship game in the near future.

MH3‏@MH3 6h
Example: ACC chooses to pick its CCG participants based on final AP/coaches rankings. Conference W/L means little here

MH3‏@MH3 6h
ND gets to keep NBC deal and traditional rivals. ND gets more and better access to playoffs. #winner$

ManOfReason‏@mphspsu 6h
@MH3 How do you think the rest of the ACC would take this? My guess...mutiny.

MH3‏@MH3 6h
@mphspsu probably not. This is as close as ACC will get to having ND as a full member. Hell espn will probably pay em as such

ManOfReason‏@mphspsu 6h
@MH3 And you think the rest of the ACC would go for this with 5 Conference games? What's your take?

MH3‏@MH3 6h
@mphspsu I'm sure it'll be less of a problem if they add a semi final and even more

ManOfReason‏@mphspsu 6h
@MH3 You think the NCAA would approve a 14th game?

MH3‏@MH3 6h
@mphspsu they don't have to if the new legislation passes. NCAA already allows FBS teams to play way more games

Vince‏@vjp3 6h
@MH3 This is hilarious. Notre Lame taking full advantage of the ACC. This marriage will. end. badly. #SeeBigEast

MH3‏@MH3 6h
@vjp3 honestly it's win/win. And if ND had offered us that in the BigEast we would have taken it in a Providence minute.

ManOfReason‏@mphspsu 6h
@MH3 @vjp3 It's not a win win if you are the ACC team who gets knocked out of the Championship Game.

Vince‏@vjp3 6h
@MH3 It is a coup and a win for Notre Lame, it is complete BS for full ACC members who play 8-9 games in conference 2 have NDget in on 5.

MH3‏@MH3 6h
@mphspsu @vjp3 true but none of these new policies is going to benefit basement dwellers or even teams on the cusp

ManOfReason‏@mphspsu 6h
@MH3 @vjp3 But those basement dwellers have a vote within the ACC. I would be livid if my ACC school voted for something like that

MH3‏@MH3 6h
@mphspsu @vjp3 it's just not about winning football games to most of them. It's more about the money

Vince‏@vjp3 6h
@MH3 @mphspsu Then why even have conferences? Just realign in an NFL style realignment, and all teams involved get equal share.

MH3‏@MH3 6h
@vjp3 @mphspsu we are heading there. If the right dominos fall

ND would never hold a conference hostage. This has to be wrong.

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy ✔ @McMurphyESPN
Follow

ACC has decided #BYU will not count as non-league Power 5 opponent, sources told @ESPN
I haven't really followed BYU and it's Big 12 situation, but can this be the ACC helping the Big 12 get BYU on preferred terms?

Also, this requirement just further reeks of collusion. Not only are we deciding that the "National Championship" favors certain conferences, we are now making sure you plebeians can't beat us at our own game.

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 · 2h
Byu making concessions fast to try and get something done with B12. BYU as indy now has hardest path to playoff of any school not named army

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 2h
BYU "not counting" as quality OOC opponent has crushed their aspirations and severely limited their options now.

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 · 2h
Byu making concessions fast to try and get something done with B12. BYU as indy now has hardest path to playoff of any school not named army

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 2h
BYU "not counting" as quality OOC opponent has crushed their aspirations and severely limited their options now.

Nothing from West Va ever makes sense but we better hope like hell this doesn't happen because they will likely add Cinci with BYU to get to 12. If they stop there the AAC starts looking at UMass as a replacement for Cinci

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy ✔ @McMurphyESPN
Follow

ACC has decided #BYU will not count as non-league Power 5 opponent, sources told @ESPN

The ACC, stock full of crap football teams that haven't won anything, are arbitrarily dictating whose worthy? Many of these teams can't compete on a level playing field so they've gone as far to exclude their competition? Sometimes the only way to slow down audacity is with quick rap to the nose. I can only hope this blows up into the worlds biggest lawsuit. If UConn is still being marginalized three years out that's exactly what I'll be advocating for. Unbelievable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom