Non-Key Tweets | Page 67 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 · 16h

Someone representing Byu will be at the meeting next week in Okcity

Stephen Carroll ‏@OneSamuraiSword · 11h

@MH3 Is the OK City meeting public knowledge? Or unannounced?

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 5h

@OneSamuraiSword unannounced

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 4h

BYU joining B12 in football only creates a few problems. But these can overcome

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 4h

1. No pro-rata increase for a partial member. BYU needs to bring at least at least 20 million to the network deals(10 for them 1 for all us)

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 4h

a way around that is to invite another school in all but FB

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 4h

But then you have to add one more and get the CCG for the increase(requirements)

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 4h

2. BYU will have to make concessions for their network-not many but something akin to LHN

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 4h

3. BYU will have to become more media-friendly. This one will be hard. But they will need to follow the same protocol we all do

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 4h

4. Will have to realize they are not top-dog and never will be in a conf with TX and OK. This may the hardest one to overcome

MHr3 ‏@MH3 · 4h

Gregg Reeves ‏@GreggReeves · 4h

@MH3 who is a good candidate for that?

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 4h

@GreggReeves Air force is the name BYU throws out

Andy Splatz ‏@AndySplatz · 4h

@MH3 What do you think BYU's fate will be if the Big12 skips over them?

@MH3 ‏@MH3 · 4h

@AndySplatz they will be relegated to AAC/MAC/MWC status until that day comes

‏@MH3 @AndySplatz We are their only shot at a P5. We will take them if the terms are right-always would have even in the B12(for real 12) days

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 4h

Gregg Reeves ‏@GreggReeves · 4h

@MH3 that is a good partner for them but what about you?

MH3‏@MH3 @GreggReeves I'd take UConn

MH3 @GreggReeves or Memphis

Reaction Score
The Big12 is the least ideal of the P5 options but it is P5 and beggers can't be choosers.
Someday, I hope a conference looks at Uconn like the Big East did at PSU (the school that got away and could have saved the conference)...

I really hope that conference is the ACC.

Reaction Score
The Big12 is the least ideal of the P5 options but it is P5 and beggers can't be choosers.
Someday, I hope a conference looks at Uconn like the Big East did at PSU (the school that got away and could have saved the conference)...

I really hope that conference is the ACC.

It'd be dead, so it won't be doing much looking.

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 · 37m
espn has a deal with byutvsports but there are many avenues that can still be explored-esp in helping LHN get wider carriage

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 35m
rumor is Fox wants BYU for advertising possibilities on Byutv

Catawag ‏@TheCaseter9 · 28m
@MH3 they want the agreement with BYU like ESPN has or they want BYU in the big 12 to be able to use BYUtv

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 28m
@TheCaseter9 the latter

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Did we miss some pretty spectacular Mountaineer tweets last weekend? Look at these:

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 May 9
All I'm going to say is that if this is any type of true then the B1G ain't stopping at 16-not if they can land this Bantha

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 May 10
What if the weakest conference of the P5 turned out to be one no one talks about being weak? One not protected by Espn?

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 May 10
One that has 4 incredibly greedy/jealous Universities that want their bigger cut of the pie?

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 May 10
If you could Cherry-pick the Pac12, how many and who do you take? Rhetorical question

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 May 10
Keep in mind if you take 8 then you should be able to retain rights to the name and the network

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 May 10
Not that the network is comparatively worth a lot at this current juncture. But still it's owned by the Pac12

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 May 10
A) 16 team PAC with UT, TT, Ok, and OKSU. B) 24 team B1G with 8 cherry-picked from the PAC

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 May 10
Now assuming you picked B, who does the CIC want?

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 May 10
How much would BTN stand to make by adding later time zone games, west coast households?

Last edited:

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
And More . . .

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 May 10
Also did you know that BTN has better carriage in Pac12 states vs Pac12 Networks?

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 May 10
Do you take all 4 Cali schools if your the B1G and have the chance? You get the rate hike with probably 2 of them. The other 2 are leeches

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 May 10
@micjame there have been "alliance" and "merger" talks between those 3 but if B1gPAc happened then i think it may settle at 4 conf

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 May 10
But imagine a B1gPAc that never plays OOC in regular season, consisting of 24 teams, with a 14 game schedule(7 home games important)

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 May 10
And a Cable network that is carried coast-coast with higher rates in the largest markets in the country

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 May 10
I'd conservatively estimate at least 60 million per school per years at 24 teamsnfor total tv compensation

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 May 10
and lets not forget all the associate members they could get with Johns Hopkins and the Ivies. And of course the CIC gains more power and $$

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 May 10
@Iamgrizzly1974 would have Saturday content from noon till 2am

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 May 10
@Iamgrizzly1974 @bazelwood I doubt they'd take 10. Still markets in the east and south they want

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 May 10
@Iamgrizzly1974 @bazelwood you think B1G takes Colorado and Utah I'm this scenario?

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 May 12
Also fwiw heard a rumor that Bowlsby made a remark regarding believing Stanford would be in B10 or B12 within the next 10 years.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I can not wait for the day that UCONN's number is called simply because that will be the day that I can stop hanging on every word (and treating it as gospel) from some hillbilly in WV who knows as much as about CR as the rest of us do.

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 · 2h
Might NotreDame be considering ACC as FULL member?Im hearing that the talks are going on/concessions will be made for NBC deal.#deregulation

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 1h
suddenly getting a lot of ACC info today...Swofford is a genius...a twisted evil maniacal genius, but a genius nonetheless

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 1h
I'll sift through it all later but lets just say that #deregulation ACCvsACC OOC at neutral sites, boycotting BYU-its all been for one thing

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 1h
that one thing is Notre Dame as a full member

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 1h
NAVY would give the Irish another traditional rival, the ACC MD/DC again, and a 16 team ACC capable of suppoting network w/current tv deal

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 1h
ND as full member can get those tv contracts reworked(and worked around NBC deal). But if Navy and Uconn(B1G?) both left AAC...lawsuits??

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 · 50m

So much info coming in today and tweets are so confining. I believe I may have to write a lengthy message board post soon

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 49m

Lots of stuff about BYU/B12/ESPN/FOX/LHN and I don't think I could convey it all properly with a character limit

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Lifetime Movie Network is good. Can't wait to see what conference they end up with.

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 · 2h
Might NotreDame be considering ACC as FULL member?Im hearing that the talks are going on/concessions will be made for NBC deal.#deregulation

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 1h
suddenly getting a lot of ACC info today...Swofford is a genius...a twisted evil maniacal genius, but a genius nonetheless

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 1h
I'll sift through it all later but lets just say that #deregulation ACCvsACC OOC at neutral sites, boycotting BYU-its all been for one thing

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 1h
that one thing is Notre Dame as a full member

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 1h
NAVY would give the Irish another traditional rival, the ACC MD/DC again, and a 16 team ACC capable of suppoting network w/current tv deal

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 1h
ND as full member can get those tv contracts reworked(and worked around NBC deal). But if Navy and Uconn(B1G?) both left AAC...lawsuits??

For the sake of discussion, let's assume this is not a moonshine enhanced tweet. If a ND move to the ACC full time were in progress, then it would prompt Delany to go back to the B1G Presidents and Chancellors and open expansion discussions. Delany has talked over and over about how changes in the landscape serve as a catalyst for expansion and this would be a significant one. Delany would have to look at a counter move in this scenario given his desire for the B1G to be a player in the East and an invitation for B1G membership to UConn would have to be a consideration as a counter move.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For the sake of discussion, let's assume this is not a moonshine enhanced tweet. If a ND move to the ACC full time were in progress, then it would prompt Delany to go back to the B1G Presidents and Chancellors and open expansion discussions. Delaney has talked over and over about how changes in the landscape serve as a catalyst for expansion and this would be a significant one. Delaney would have to look at a counter move in this scenario given his desire for the B1G to be a player in the East and an invitation for B1G membership to UConn would have to be a consideration as a counter move.

B1GALUM, I certainly like your train of thought, though many of us UConn fans tend not to get to hopeful over tweet from such an unreliable source. However, you have to give MH3 credit, after so many of his (or her) CR twiterati bretheren have abandoned the field, he (or she) keeps the pot boiling and UConn fans hopeful.

Reaction Score
B1GALUM, I certainly like your train of thought, though many of us UConn fans tend not to get to hopeful over tweet from such an unreliable source. However, you have to give MH3 credit, after so many of his (or her) CR twiterati bretheren have abandoned the field, he (or she) keeps the pot boiling and UConn fans hopeful.

There are a lot of subtle reasons for UConn fans to be optimistic about the future without having to pay any attention to that hack. I understand realignment is a fun topic and he tweets about it like his life depends on it (perhaps it does), but no one should be that desperate. Good times, in my opinion, are coming. Just be patient and don't resort to looking for information on his feed. You're better off at the bottom of a whiskey bottle.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I think we have heard a million times that ND would never join a conference in FB. If they were forced to because of the P5 agreement, the #16 ACC slot would be very interesting. We know that Tobacco Road wanted us last time. If we come in with ND, there's no onus on football, it's more of a "best fit" and I don't know how we wouldn't be that best fit. But what would be really cool would be the B1G getting a sniff of that and forcing a decision - how bad do you really want NYC? They saw what it was like for a fanbase to own MSG. UConn to the ACC would give the ACC the Cuse/UConn/ND threesome, that's a strong lineup to promote in NYC. Ah well, more pipe dreams.

Reaction Score
This is not a tweet, but a post from another board. Note that most of the info is not new (same schools as mentioned before) and no mention of how this gets done with GOR. Maybe some of the BIG posters on this board can comment as to the credibility and sources of this poster.

Posted: Today 12:23 PM

Re: NCAA / Realignment Discussion (Part IV)
Was just told again this morning (at the Walk for the Cure) that the B1G is eyeing 16 schools. The choices as of right now, in order, are UVA, UNC, UConn, GT, Kansas.

Nothing gets done until Maryland/ACC is settled.

New network TV contract will be around $30 million/year.

B1G wants to add semi-final games, hence the targeted 16 members.

B1G won't go above 16 unless it means the ACC and/or Big12 implode so that the playoff money and bowl money (B1G would add more big time bowls if it has more members) gets cut in fewer slices.

B1G is very busy integrating Maryland and Rutgers.

Association with Ivy schools and Johns Hopkins is because: 1)B1G schools want to be associated with top academic research schools 2) makes the B1G even more attractive to the ACC targets by having the association for academic research 3) helps give the B1G even more of an east coast presence (think about the BigEast basketball agreement).

The goal is to be at 16 for the start of the 2017 academic year.

B1G would like to do more partnering with the PAC.

B1G is aware of the rumors that the SEC is trying to form alliances with the ACC and/or Big12 (ESPN is behind this).

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=145&f=3154&t=12842088&p=11

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Delany would go to Chapel Hill and fellate James Worthy to add Carolina. The idea the Big 10 has the leverage in that transaction tells you all you need to know about that post.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of subtle reasons for UConn fans to be optimistic about the future without having to pay any attention to that hack. I understand realignment is a fun topic and he tweets about it like his life depends on it (perhaps it does), but no one should be that desperate. Good times, in my opinion, are coming. Just be patient and don't resort to looking for information on his feed. You're better off at the bottom of a whiskey bottle.
I totally agree that no one should be that desperate as to tell me his main source is lunar rover 3) on the topic of CR keeps UConn fans

Reaction Score
Sorry, messed the previous reply up. I totally agree with you, though I think at least this UConn fan is increasingly inclined toward desperation. However, these insensible tweets however absurd, do serve to keep the topic alive at least in my fevered imagination. BTW, my sources tell me that MH3’s sources comes from Voyager 1.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'll tweet this at the same time to not upset Who Ha: Stanford would replace the Raiders in the NFL before they joined the Big 12.

The Big 10 would have Carolina as a choice like I would have between Jennifer Lawrence and Jennifer Whaler11.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll tweet this at the same time to not upset Who Ha: Stanford would replace the Raiders in the NFL before they joined the Big 12.

The Big 10 would have Carolina as a choice like I would have between Jennifer Lawrence and Jennifer Whaler11.

Thanks for considering my feelings. It is appreciated

Reaction Score
@kyleslamb - any cred to this guy? Looks like you post over there.

Winchester is a friend of mine, actually, as I've known him for nearly 10 years. He has some contacts through his business dealings that are very, very connected.

I can't speak for the veracity of how current the information was being passed down, but I would say it probably came from a person that would definitely have some insight.

For what it's worth, some of those things I've been hearing for a while now from different circles. Not sure if that means the info is outdated or things are slow moving, but either way I'll vouch for Winchester's credibility.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom