Non-Key Tweets | Page 68 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Meh. WBuck has been peddling the same story for years. He's brought it to our board and to The WVU Scout Board many times. Not saying he is wrong just that you don't have to be connected to know that Delany wants UVA and UNC. Why wouldn't he? Obviously the ACC GOR has thrown a wrench in any current ACC moves, however IMO UCONN's recent successes both academically and athletically have firmly placed them in the discussion.

I am no insider by any means, but having worked for a particular media related company for many years a lifetime ago, I still maintain some contacts in the industry. One particular person clued me in to the UMD and RU moves well in advance of them happening. It was designated as a TIFWIW, but I heard... At the time I didn't think much about it, but after it happened it kind of fueled my interest in the subject. I've since spoke to this person and the only thing he believed was that CR was not over for The B1G.

Reaction Score
There is absolutely no way a university like UConn and what it brings with tv markets, athletic success and size will be left out of CR. We have discussed ad nauseam the reasons UConn was shut out of the initial rounds. The reactionary panic of the ACC to include Louisville is a decision they will most likely regret long term. Meanwhile, and more importantly, the Big 10 has essentially stated publicly that expansion eastward is its lone goal. The additions of Maryland and Rutgers was the beginning not the end. There is no coherent reason to believe that those two moves alone will complete the Big 10's plan. In fact, we could argue that there is really no way that those two schools would have been added without a larger plan. CR is not done. Delaney is proactive. Swofford is reactive. I am all in on the next move coming from the Big 10 and it including UConn. Read between the lines of the numerous things the Big 10 have already said and done. Next, draw a parallel to the numerous subtle actions of this university that scream Big 10 profile. Finally, interpret the not so subtle actions of the world wide leader against this university. It all adds up to 1 answer. UConn to the Big 10 for the 2016-17 athletic season!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
the suggestion that Stanford could be considering in the Big 12 was probably due to heavier than expected sunspot activity that interferred with the signals in MH3's head
th

Conspiracy Kitty says:
That's another reason why you never take off the foil.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UCONN's athletic budget makes a large majority of the G5 schools' budgets look like child's allowance money. Not saying that should be the reason UCONN gets into a P5 conference, but when you combine the athletic and academic success with the TV markets, it certainly doesn't hurt our chances. Again, UCONN has demonstrated that it can compete at the highest level and wants to continue doing so.

Reaction Score
There is absolutely no way a university like UConn and what it brings with tv markets, athletic success and size will be left out of CR. We have discussed ad nauseam the reasons UConn was shut out of the initial rounds. The reactionary panic of the ACC to include Louisville is a decision they will most likely regret long term. Meanwhile, and more importantly, the Big 10 has essentially stated publicly that expansion eastward is its lone goal. The additions of Maryland and Rutgers was the beginning not the end. There is no coherent reason to believe that those two moves alone will complete the Big 10's plan. In fact, we could argue that there is really no way that those two schools would have been added without a larger plan. CR is not done. Delaney is proactive. Swofford is reactive. I am all in on the next move coming from the Big 10 and it including UConn. Read between the lines of the numerous things the Big 10 have already said and done. Next, draw a parallel to the numerous subtle actions of this university that scream Big 10 profile. Finally, interpret the not so subtle actions of the world wide leader against this university. It all adds up to 1 answer. UConn to the Big 10 for the 2016-17 athletic season!
Pretty much sums up all of our hopes and desires.

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 · 2h
Why won't a B12/BYU scheduling agreement happen now?because ACC and SEC have spoken and BYU not getting respect.

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 2h
It's why B12 membership is so important. It's why BYU is willing to do things it never would have before.

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 2h
B12's list of "demands" for BYU wasn't that much to begin with. Most was reasonable, run of the mill stuff.

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 2h
B12 only wants transparency, equal duties, cross-advertisement, GOR signed, and a few other odds and ends

Doug McClellan ‏@Doug_McClellan · 3h
@MH3 And to your knowledge, BYU is complying fully?

MH3
‏@MH3 @Doug_McClellan they say they will. Will find out in a few days I guess.

Scott Gower ‏@scottmgower · 3h
Will @MH3 be there to pick up the broken pieces of BYU Fans after this Big 12 talk goes south?

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 2h
@scottmgower here's the thing. It never went south so to speak. Lines have remained open. It's been up to BYu

Greg Welch ‏@ArtDirectorBYU · 3h
@MH3 @planetbyu @scottmgower It makes no sense for the Big 12 expand right now. Legislation on championship games due up in August

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 3h
@ArtDirectorBYU @planetbyu @scottmgower so you think it's too early to be making plans that will affect the brand for decades?

Greg Welch ‏@ArtDirectorBYU · 3h
@MH3 @planetbyu @scottmgower I think they're happy at 10 and in 9 weeks they'll know if they even have to expand for a championship game.

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 3h
@ArtDirectorBYU @planetbyu @scottmgower they're as happy at 10 as the B10 was at 11 right before they added Nebraska.

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 2h
Why won't a B12/BYU scheduling agreement happen now?because ACC and SEC have spoken and BYU not getting respect.

Sterling Young ‏@imsterfry · 1h
@MH3 what happened to your saying yesterday it was heading that way?

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 50m
@imsterfry I said that days ago an then acc and sec came out with Gezpatcho tactics and the landscape shifts again.

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 · 50m
@imsterfry I said that days ago an then acc and sec came out with Gezpatcho tactics and the landscape shifts again.

Whether you spell it with an "e" or with an "a", there's nothing more ruthless than cold tomato-based soup.

Edit: Oops. Need to view "new posts" before I post. . .

Reaction Score
Whether you spell it with an "e" or with an "a", there's nothing more ruthless than cold tomato-based soup.

I've long thought that this guy has kept trying to up the ante on zaniness to see when people would finally stop reading him. That tweet confirmed it. He's been joking around all this time.

Reaction Score
I've long thought that this guy has kept trying to up the ante on zaniness to see when people would finally stop reading him. That tweet confirmed it. He's been joking around all this time.

You're probably right, but it could also confirm that he is a legitimate knucklehead—both ends of the spectrum are equally plausible.

Reaction Score
1. MH3 ‏@MH3 31s

Busy day today. Got half my write up done so far-hope to finish tonight or in the morning. Hearing lots today-will share all soon

Reaction Score

1. MH3 ‏@MH3 2h
    http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&f=4582&t=12894734… enjoy but beware-I have some enemies on that board LOL

2. MH3 ‏@MH3 2h
    That was just the tip of what I should have for you in the next several days. Info from the meeting should trickle down in the next few days

1. Sherman ‏@Skurtz91 2h
    @MH3 I am a little sceptic regarding all this because of the lack of knowledge and no "leaks", but as a cougar fan I pray that it's true
    1. MH3 ‏@MH3 1h
      @Skurtz91 skepticism is fine.I'm a skeptic of everything.appreciate your politeness about it. Rumors sir. I don't weave the tale-I repeat it

Reaction Score
Scott Gray must be the source

@MHver3: B10 expects MD/ACC lawsuit to be settled within he next 30 days. My Uconn source says an invite to B1G could follow

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think the Big 12 would be crazy not to add BYU if BYU wanted to join. BYU is probably worth more from a TV standpoint than all but 3 schools currently in the Big 12. If BYU goes, does the Big 12 add Cincinnati too?

Reaction Score
I think the Big 12 would be crazy not to add BYU if BYU wanted to join. BYU is probably worth more from a TV standpoint than all but 3 schools currently in the Big 12. If BYU goes, does the Big 12 add Cincinnati too?

Does it even matter? I hope Cincy does leave the AAC. But not for a spot in the B1G or ACC though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom