Non-Key Tweets | Page 55 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy: UConn, Illinois schedule home/home series 2019 at UConn, 2020 at Illinois. (end tweet)

That doesn't bode well for being in the B1G before 2020....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy: UConn, Illinois schedule home/home series 2019 at UConn, 2020 at Illinois. That doesn't bode well for being in the B1G before 2020....

I think it's irrelevant. Some ACC-Big East games were changed over to conference games when the defections happened. The same could happen if we're in the B1G (and probably more flexibly, if we're not in the same division).

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy: UConn, Illinois schedule home/home series 2019 at UConn, 2020 at Illinois. That doesn't bode well for being in the B1G before 2020....

Unless of course they decide to cancel the game just like what happened with Tennessee...i freakin hate McMurphy..

Reaction Score
I like this one:

buckeye9chuck
Senior
2659 posts this site
Posted: 1/26/2014 6:38 PM
RE: The ACC plans to invite UConn as soon as the NCAA caves in
I was hoping for Uconn for the B1G for their men's and women's basketball programs. Plus they further secure New York for the B1G.

There were a handful of B1G fans in that thread supportive of UCONN in the B1G - more than I thought there'd be. I love the idea of us going there with Kansas and easily becoming the best basketball conference.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 1h
ACC has until The end of March to settle with UMD before Pitt ACC evidence damns ESPN/ACC to collusion lawsuits galore.

MH3 ‏@MH3 1h
@MurrDCU it's pretty damning stuff from what I've been told. BE, B10, and B12 would all have good cases against.
Could someone on the BY who is either unemployed or waiting for good weather to return so they can go back to work please file a FOI request and get the emails from Pitt that damn ESPN and the ACC. It's all I want for Christmas. Well, that and the new XBOX, but I'll settle for just damning ESPN and the ACC.

Last edited:

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
Well this settles it. We are going to be in both the B1G and ACC at the same time. I guess good things do come to those who wait.
And then who'll be making the big bucks. We could be on ESPN and the BTN at the same time. $$. And ND thought they had a sweetheart deal.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Illinois is a good series. This is the kind of home and home UCONN fans should hope Manuel can ink. I hope he's calling Purdue, Northwestern, Iowa, and Minnesota too. The more communication with B1G schools about football can only be a good thing for UCONN. But, to be honest, I hope we don't play this series and instead play Illinois as conference rivals!

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
@BTNTomDienhart: @B1GConn Not so sure UConn is a target. UConn and Cincinnati seemingly are locked out of major conferences.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Anyone else wonder if this is just Dan being Dan or if he sits down his mom's basement asking himself how it can torment the Boneyard? I swear that he's generated more posts since he left than when he was actually here.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I found this tweet and it looks like HFD replied to Tom Dienhart's tweet about the UCONN/Illinois series asking it it will be cancelled when UCONN is invited to the B1G. Tom Dienhart tweeted that he didn't think UCONN was on the B1G's radar. Bummer news on a day that I thought we were getting into both the B1G and ACC at the same time.

Dooley

Reaction Score
This is a classic diversion play. We must be getting close.

Yup. I bet Delany specifically told this dude to tweet that to mask the ongoing negotiations between he and President Herbst to get UCONN into the B1G before the 2016 season.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
CL82 said:
Anyone else wonder if this is just Dan being Dan or if he sits down his mom's basement asking himself how it can torment the Boneyard? I swear that he's generated more posts since he left than when he was actually here.
see dooley's response. That was from Big 10 network Tom diehart

Reaction Score
Could someone on the BY who is either unemployed or waiting for good weather to return so they can go back to work please file a FOI request and get the emails from Pitt that damn ESPN and the ACC. It's all I want for Christmas. Well, that and the new XBOX, but I'll settle for just damning ESPN and the ACC.

The'-Pitt is a private school, so not subject to FOI

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
The'-Pitt is a private school, so not subject to FOI
This is roomie on roomie crime. You know mr attorney that it was purely for comical intent. But, I'll re-write anyway.
Can one of you BYers with time on your hands please hack the UPitt servers to acquire emails that a FOI would not get me? It's still all I want for Christmas.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yup. I bet Delany specifically told this dude to tweet that to mask the ongoing negotiations between he and President Herbst to get UCONN into the B1G before the 2016 season.
catintinfoil.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
I know, right? How transparent can they get?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Pitt is a big public school.
Pittsburgh was a private school until the 60's and legally still operates as a private entity. They are not subject to FOI requests...

Reaction Score
Pittsburgh was a private school until the 60's and legally still operates as a private entity. They are not subject to FOI requests...

There are a lot of public schools that were private a half-century ago. U Buffalo is another. There are many examples. But Pitt is a fully public school, state-subsidies for tuition, etc. It's public. The FOI thing is simply a peculiarity of PA. politics. In a similar way, PSU is also not beholden to such rules. But PSU is also a state university like Pitt.

As for schools that have independent control, like Pitt, this is not unusual either. PSU too is independent from any state Higher Ed organization. So is UConn for that matter. Independent, though, does not mean private.

Reaction Score

There are a lot of public schools that were private a half-century ago. U Buffalo is another. There are many examples. But Pitt is a fully public school, state-subsidies for tuition, etc. It's public. The FOI thing is simply a peculiarity of PA. politics. In a similar way, PSU is also not beholden to such rules. But PSU is also a state university like Pitt.

As for schools that have independent control, like Pitt, this is not unusual either. PSU too is independent from any state Higher Ed organization. So is UConn for that matter. Independent, though, does not mean private.

They are deemed "state related" schools - as is Temple. Legally, the universities remain separate and private entities, operating under their own charters, governed by independent boards of trustees, and with its assets under their own ownership and control thereby retaining much of the freedom and individuality of private institutions, both administratively and academically (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State-related)

They all are exempt from PA ORA requests:

Q. I received a letter requesting University records under the Pennsylvania Open Records Act. Do I have to give them the records?
A. The Pennsylvania Right-to-Know Law excludes state-related universities from the Commonwealth agencies and State-affiliated entities that are subject to broad open records requirements. You should immediately forward any letter requesting information under the Pennsylvania Right-to-Know Law to the Office of General Counsel. While most provisions of the Right-to-Know Law do not apply to state-related universities, the University does file an annual report required by the Right-to-Know Law that is made available to the public.

Reaction Score
They are deemed "state related" schools - as is Temple. Legally, the universities remain separate and private entities, operating under their own charters, governed by independent boards of trustees, and with its assets under their own ownership and control thereby retaining much of the freedom and individuality of private institutions, both administratively and academically (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State-related)

They all are exempt from PA ORA requests:

Q. I received a letter requesting University records under the Pennsylvania Open Records Act. Do I have to give them the records?
A. The Pennsylvania Right-to-Know Law excludes state-related universities from the Commonwealth agencies and State-affiliated entities that are subject to broad open records requirements. You should immediately forward any letter requesting information under the Pennsylvania Right-to-Know Law to the Office of General Counsel. While most provisions of the Right-to-Know Law do not apply to state-related universities, the University does file an annual report required by the Right-to-Know Law that is made available to the public.

We'll disagree. I think you guys are confusing independent with private. UConn is independent too. What's the difference between UConn and Penn State? There is none. Both have independent boards of trustees. The word "state-related" has only been used to refer to PA schools; it doesn't even exist outside of that.

Someone is going to have to define the difference between these schools that receive state subsidies, that have independent boards and controls, and other schools in other states that operate in the same fashion. One key is that when these schools became "state-related" they took over lots of state campuses, which shows the real relationship between the state and the original campus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom